• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ah thought we were getting a Sunday Jeff drive tonight. Must've been a miss fire on his part.

danm999

Sid Meier's Starships QL should be up soon?

I felt disappointed by Beyond Earth last year but I'll admit I was curious as to what exactly this game is. I worry it's just going to be some half baked cash in crap.

Myggen

Sid Meier's Starships QL should be up soon?

I felt disappointed by Beyond Earth last year but I'll admit I was curious as to what exactly this game is. I worry it's just going to be some half baked cash in crap.

I've heard that it's pretty mediocre and lacks variety :(

danm999

I've heard that it's pretty mediocre and lacks variety :(

What the hell happened to Firaxis.

It was only yesterday they were pumping out XCOM and great Civ 5 expansions.

When stuff goes wrong that quickly it's usually because your publisher is on fire ala THQ or you've had a string of failures. But they've been with Take Two for ten years or so and Take Two seems to be doing fine by all accounts.

thanks to metal gear scanlon I got that mgs itch and decided to finally play MGS4.

I have played 1-3 + rising before this and i'm just about to start act 5.

All I have to say is... wow. Just wow.

spoilers ahead

SHADOW FUCKING MOSES, FIGHTING RAY IN REX, SNAKE EATER IS PATRIOTS, BIG BOSS, EVA, THE BIKE.

This game is blowing my mind with reveals and tie ins and fuck, I love it.

If MGSV is anywhere near as good i'm so hyped

Sakwoff

When stuff goes wrong that quickly it's usually because your publisher is on fire ala THQ or you've had a string of failures. But they've been with Take Two for ten years or so and Take Two seems to be doing fine by all accounts.

I dunno. I think it might be a little early to say something like that. It's not like Beyond Earth and Starships are terrible garbage or anything. They're just not as good as their other stuff.

That stuff can happen. We'll see.

Edit: Dang. Took too long to write. :)

danm999

Anybody know which teams were behind Starship and Beyond Earth? From memory, Firaxis has three project teams active at any given time. I think.

Maybe that's the answer. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Starship and Beyond were two halves of a bigger game or something that got split.

Well they seem to be hard at work trying to fix Beyond Earth, at least: http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/12/81...earth-patch-creators-fixing-mistakes-gdc-2015

Jintor

Hmm. Thinking about it, Firaxis is one of the few places that really seems to be positioning its new designers in front of the media as much as possible; Jake Solomon shot to (relative) prominence on XCOM, as did Ananda Guphta for Enemy Within; these new chappies for BE have shown up a bit, too. I think Starships is Sid, though, right?

erawsd

Dunno if this Was posted but someone made new DnD figurines.

2733297-groupshot01.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Dunno if this Was posted but someone made new DnD figurines.

2733297-groupshot01.jpg

These look great. Though I'm gonna keep watching, it's unfortunate that it hasn't been as interesting this time around for me to quite remember who's who. I'd guess it goes dan, danny, drew, drad brad.

e: 'quite' repetition

Better than five? I don't believe him.

Yeah, this is really hard to believe, but I guess I'm now open to the possibility.

These look great. Though I'm gonna keep watching, it's unfortunate that it hasn't been as interesting this time around for me to quite remember who's who. I'd guess it goes dan, danny, drew, drad brad.

e: 'quite' repetition

I think Danny is the Dragonborn, or whatever it's called and Drew is the Cleric. So Dan, Drew, Danny, Brad.

LiK

Avalon was fun, but that's pretty much it. Didn't even bother to watch the D&D ones after I read that they spend the whole first episode with character creation.

first two eps was just that. they didn't even play. I kinda chuckled when Jeff mentioned that on the Bombcast.

Was randomly watching Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last night on Netflix, and one of the characters goes, "There is a man called Gerstmann" Heh. Jeff is a Cold war british spy CONFIRMED

Megasoum

Banned
LOL at Vinny in the Starship quicklook

"You are on a flat plane.... Let's be clear, you are not misunderstanding the game, you really are on a flat plane"

BOOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom