• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

I've been watching old Giant Bomb videos, and I find myself wishing Dan were in them.

edit: I am your newpage saviour from the failings of chrome!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah but it's still in the thread below the reply window.

Adding jimmy to your ignore list fixes it. Sorry jimmy. I'll undo it when you remove it or when it's pushed off the reply window thread.

Oh my god

so like how you guys dislike at how Drew is playing MGS3

I feel the same watching Patrick play demons souls

HE STILL HAS YURT ALIVE THAT FOOl

Kelas

Oh my god

so like how you guys dislike at how Drew is playing MGS3

I feel the same watching Patrick play demons souls

HE STILL HAS YURT ALIVE THAT FOOl

That reminds me: does anyone remember the bombcast episode where vinny imitates lautrec from dark souls? Top tier vinny moment.

Myggen

WELL YOU KNOW WHAT

Many people go through Demons Souls by looking up guides and shit ._. PATRICK THIS GAME IS INCREDIBLY AHRD, more so than dark souls 1+2

2714446-5700043051-tumbl.gif

I will be Patricks Potato Marshal for Bloodborne I will use his watchwords to invade him he will suffer for taking demons souls ligh

GODDAMIT THAT bacon GIF IS MAKING ME TYPE SLOW. I hate whoever posted that

I feel bad because I used to be waaaaay into MGS1 and MGS2, but I am so terrible at playing MGS1 now. I loaded it up last night, and I think I died more in the span of two hours than Drew did in all of MGScanlon1.
Don't feel bad, Drew. You're doing just fine, man.

My best death was trying to choke a guard while standing over one of those floor traps.

MGScanlon prediction-
Dan hasn't tweeted for 2 hours, either recording podcast or doing MGScanlon.

....OH MY GOD PATRICK WAS OFFLINE WHEN HE TALKED TO YURT

HE DIDN'T SEE THE MESSAGES WARNING HIM OF HIM

IT'S A DISASTER

Patrick wrote an article about how Potato Marshal made him quit playing. Patrick doesn't have the resilience of Brad, Potato Marshal couldn't break The Shoemaker.

LiK

i think Alex has turned into the most informative guy on QLs. He learns most of the mechanics and explains them clearly. i don't think i noticed before until he started doing QLs for strategy games.

MGScanlon prediction-
Dan hasn't tweeted for 2 hours, either recording podcast or doing MGScanlon.

....OH MY GOD PATRICK WAS OFFLINE WHEN HE TALKED TO YURT

HE DIDN'T SEE THE MESSAGES WARNING HIM OF HIM

IT'S A DISASTER

YURT GOT DAN

WE ARE DOOOOOOMED

Also i remember when i switcehd off my ps3 playing dark souls and it gave me a warning to quit properly fs

I feel zero regret over pulling the plug, but it's also a testament to the way From Software designed the Souls games. Players have power.

I disconnected my PS3 from the Internet, and fought the boss again. Rather than an exciting duel against another player, it was a boring NPC. But I slayed the demon, and moved to the next world. Potato Marshal couldn't stop me this time, but like Jason Voorhees, he'll be back.

oh he will be back

The end of Demon's Souls third world features a queen at the top of the horrific and seemingly endless Tower of Latria. Old and frail, she's unable to fight for herself, so the queen summons a defender.

Patrick

I don't think that's the queen, it's the old monk, the old monk is literally the rag itself

edit-and patrick still won't check the damn side of the bridge in 1-1

LiK

I started playing it last weekend.

11 years later and I still have trouble not slitting throats when grabbing guards. Pressure-sensitive CQC is some bullshit.

the way they teach you the method in-game is super convoluted. i think Dan actually explained it better. i used to accidentally slit their throats too.

oh my god

patrick had a talisman of god equipped

and he tried parrying with it

oh my god

I can see why people are angry at drew for not playing 'correctly', but drew would never make such an amateurish mistake

edit-5th time aross the bridge he doesn't see the damn opening to all that stuff he sees, this is infuriating. atleast Drew has the excuse that it was in the 1st floor and not a path he was crossing constantly

- J - D -

the way they teach you the method in-game is super convoluted. i think Dan actually explained it better. i used to accidentally slit their throats too.

Yeah, Dan was more clear about it in MGScanlon than the game is. I always knew how to do it, but it's not natural. I always have to consciously remind myself not to hold the circle button too hard when grabbing enemies, which prevents the maneuver from being fun and a reliable tool in my arsenal.

oh my god

patrick had a talisman of god equipped

and he tried parrying with it

oh my god

I can see why people are angry at drew for not playing 'correctly', but drew would never make such an amateurish mistake

Patrick let's it get to him way more than Drew does, Drew knows he sucks at games, Patrick fronts like he doesn't lol.

Patrick let's it get to him way more than Drew does, Drew knows he sucks at games, Patrick fronts like he doesn't lol.

yeah from the beginning Drew was like, he wants to learn why MGS had such a reputation about it, the story and gameplay, and he knows how to use the tools given to him and appreciates it

Kelas

If you play Dark Souls 1 first, then I think demons souls is the easiest of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom