• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't really sound like someone who's about to be hired by a major gaming website :(

DzLYacC.png

There will be Metal Gear Scanlon tomorrow.

If we say it enough times, it'll happen.

popo

This doesn't really sound like someone who's about to be hired by a major gaming website :(

Well everyone and their dog said it could never happen due to the whole visa thing. You should have tempered your expectations.

For what it is worth - I am not sure Cara would be happy covering news and doing the odd quick look. Problem is that there is little money in the kind of writing she does enjoy. Tough mid-twenties career choices.

Anjin M

Has anyone posted this yet?

Papa Vinny's Barbershop

Looks like Dan got his haircut from Vinny!

Our subscription dollars at work!

EDIT:
For what it is worth - I am not sure Cara would be happy covering news and doing the odd quick look. Problem is that there is little money in the kind of writing she does enjoy. Tough mid-twenties career choices.

I think games writing is probably holding Cara back now and she's headed for bigger things. As much as I would love it if she was, by some miracle, hired for the NY office, she has a much brighter future than that.

I follow Cara on Tumblr and she's a really good writer about stuff other than games, so yeah, I guess she's probably headed toward bigger things. But man she would be so great at Giant Beast!

Mully

I follow Cara on Tumblr and she's a really good writer about stuff other than games, so yeah, I guess she's probably headed toward bigger things. But man she would be so great at Giant Beast!

She really is a fantastic writer. GBEast would be an awesome spot for her to land, but she's better than that really.

Anjin M

If Cara wrote 'The Raid' for GB, that would really kickstart her career, I think.

Jeff and Cara go to Japan, no camera crew, get into all kinds of retail hijinx, Cara writes the story of a lifetime, done.

Daydream, once again you've put an impossible idea in my head that I will never forgive you for.

Jeff and Cara go to Japan, no camera crew, get into all kinds of retail hijinx, Cara writes the story of a lifetime, done.

Daydream, once again you've put an impossible idea in my head that I will never forgive you for.

It'd be hilarious to see the community's reaction if the Raid finally happens but instead of it being a video it's a 10,000 word article written by a feminist games writer.

popo

She really is a fantastic writer. GBEast would be an awesome spot for her to land, but she's better than that really.

It would be good for GB fans maybe but it isn't a great site for writers. I bet that was one of the reasons Patrick went to Kotaku.

I admire Dan's commitment to his craft. The way he unveiled it was perfect too.

Luckily I'm not going bald yet (although I have plenty of grey hairs) but I'll have no qualms about shaving it all off when the time comes.

JackEtc

Patrick let's it get to him way more than Drew does, Drew knows he sucks at games, Patrick fronts like he doesn't lol.

Wait, Drew has a Souls game play through somewhere?

Maybe I'm just blanking but what video series is that?

Hasn't there been multiple Souls game play throughs on GB? Or is it just Load Our Last Souls? With Bloodborne on the way I feel like I should go watch one of them...any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom