• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

So why would Cara write it? I'm really confused. And why is Dan's hair shaved?

The Raid was a proposed trip to Tokyo by either Jeff alone - or with a video crew - for the purpose of buying retro games.

Jeff mentioned it on a podcast once but seemed to lose interest in the idea for various reasons - an awful lot happened in the meantime.

Now the "community" will not let it go and he likely gets as many questions about it as he does Persona or hiring Danny away from Gamespot. I am sure a part of him regrets ever mentioning it.

Patryn

The Raid was a proposed trip to Tokyo by either Jeff alone - or with a video crew - for the purpose of buying retro games.

Jeff mentioned it on a podcast once but seemed to lose interest in the idea for various reasons - an awful lot happened in the meantime.

Now the "community" will not let it go and he likely gets as many questions about it as he does Persona or hiring Danny away from Gamespot. I am sure a part of him regrets ever mentioning it.

I believe he's gone on record as regretting ever mentioning it.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
GAF SCOOP!

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads-up on something. My book is live on Amazon now for paperback, but I'm holding off on making that super-public (Twitter) until Kindle is working and they're both on the same page. Just wanted to let you know that you can get it now if you want it in paperback:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0692401512/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, signed copies at danryckert.com if you're interested.

I'd love to hear any feedback (positive or negative), and Amazon reviews are much appreciated. Thanks, GAF!

LiK

GAF SCOOP!

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads-up on something. My book is live on Amazon now for paperback, but I'm holding off on making that super-public (Twitter) until Kindle is working and they're both on the same page. Just wanted to let you know that you can get it now if you want it in paperback:

I'd love to hear any feedback (positive or negative), and Amazon reviews are much appreciated. Thanks, GAF!

Thanks bro, waiting for the Kindle version.

BearPawB

Banned
GAF SCOOP!

Thanks Dan! Love the cover

GAF SCOOP!

Awesome! As someone who has been dealing with anxiety issues for the past few months, I look forward to reading it. Having you and Danny be so open about your issues with anxiety/depression has been helpful.

Mully

Thanks Dan. I just bought the book. I really appreciate you opening up about your anxiety. I know your insight will be helpful for me and others!

Seventy70

GAF SCOOP!

I bet this is going to be a New York Times Bestseller or something. With Dan anything is possible.

Dan, get ready to accept your Nobel Prize.
aoC9jc4.png

GAF SCOOP!

Not sure if this is going on .ca too at some point, but I just ordered from Canada. Been really looking forward to this.

Zebetite

Banned
Hey y'all, you know that MGS3 boss that routinely appears on every "best boss fights ever" list?

Guess what's (probably?) starting next episode?

I got really excited for a sequel to the Book of Unwritten Tales Quick Look and then I realized the game I was actually thinking of was The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav. Still looking forward to it regardless.

Lelcar

I bet this is going to be a New York Times Bestseller or something. With Dan anything is possible.

Dan, get ready to accept your Nobel Prize.

I feel like the cover of the book is so appealing that if he put it in book stores it would fly off the shelves. We all judge books by their covers, right?

God, what a good boss fight coming up. I also played through it a couple days ago. Can't wait to see Drew learn it.

For me, the whole MGScanlon series has been (kinda sorta) building up to this moment.

What about
The Ladder
?

The ladder sequence probably won't work so well in a studio recording environment. No time for reflection, probably just a lot of "why the hell is this ladder so long?!"

What a thrill....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom