• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an video archive link to this recent Patrick v Potato Marshal tomfoolery?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRE5hLapRkQ

First ten minutes

GAF SCOOP!

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads-up on something. My book is live on Amazon now for paperback, but I'm holding off on making that super-public (Twitter) until Kindle is working and they're both on the same page. Just wanted to let you know that you can get it now if you want it in paperback:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0692401512/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, signed copies at danryckert.com if you're interested.

I'd love to hear any feedback (positive or negative), and Amazon reviews are much appreciated. Thanks, GAF!

Woop woop!

LiK

Just started watching UPF from last week. Geez, both Drew and Jason's segments were so fucked up from game technical issues, lol

edit: Jason quickly fixed it.

GAF SCOOP!

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads-up on something. My book is live on Amazon now for paperback, but I'm holding off on making that super-public (Twitter) until Kindle is working and they're both on the same page. Just wanted to let you know that you can get it now if you want it in paperback:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0692401512/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, signed copies at danryckert.com if you're interested.

I'd love to hear any feedback (positive or negative), and Amazon reviews are much appreciated. Thanks, GAF!
ill read it and give a review afterwards

ive had anxiety most of my adult life and im curious to read your take on it

Watching the Demons Souls QL for posterity

Man, I hope that each studio does a Bloodborne QL, or like Dying Light make it so Brad/Vinny team up

Best part was watching Button move up the ranks on the crushed dreams of his competitors.

And still not get any points.

Haha, Button was the star! Shame the battles he ended up in were meaningless in the end. I was totally rooting for him and Raikonnen- the fallen heroes, you know?

It didn't go so well.

It took me a few hours cuz i went in blind the first time. It was intense. Definitely one of the most unique boss fights in all of games. i really hope they don't give Drew any tips until he asks for help.

I'm gonna guess that it'll take a while for Drew. I hope they don't give him any tips but...we'll see. I'm excited.

It took me a few hours cuz i went in blind the first time. It was intense. Definitely one of the most unique boss fights in all of games. i really hope they don't give Drew any tips until he asks for help.

The major hint is
exactly the same as The Fear.
If Drew experiments with what he knows, he can do it on his own.

I think so? I watched all 201329 hours of that stream, the show itself and the party afterwards, what a time it was

It was a really fun show. The recent Rock Band news reminded me of it. They had that segment of them playing Portions for Foxes in RB3 and Jeff eventually replaced one of the lyrics with "track suit" iirc. Shame it's lost. Thanks for the replies though!

LiK

Drew vs The End is what i've been waiting for. hopefully his frustrations with the game doesn't cut the fight short with him giving up and asking for tips immediately.

Drew vs The End is what i've been waiting for. hopefully his frustrations with the game doesn't cut the fight short with him giving up and asking for tips immediately.

Drew has actually been resistant to asking for tips, I doubt he will. He's kept trucking through, and even when it took him an hour between 2 videos to find the stairway in the Lab, he simply decided to do it his own way-Exit the area and follow the left side of the wall

LiK

Drew has actually been resistant to asking for tips, I doubt he will. He's kept trucking through, and even when it took him an hour between 2 videos to find the stairway in the Lab, he simply decided to do it his own way-Exit the area and follow the left side of the wall

true

- J - D -

This will be the boss fight in which Drew will actually be forced to learn to play the game methodically, and not just resort to going Rambo on everything with grenades and rifles.

Trial by fire, Scanlon.

Seventy70

This will be the boss fight in which Drew will actually be forced to learn to play the game methodically, and not just resort to going Rambo on everything with grenades and rifles.

Trial by fire, Scanlon.

I think that if Drew watched a person who knew what they were doing play MGS, he would get it instantly. I used to do the same exact things as him, but then I watched a walkthrough on YouTube and was like, "Ohhhhhhh!" After that, I understood the way you are supposed to play it.

Trial by fire, Scanlon.

I dont know man. The fight is so open its also pretty easy to cheese if you want as well.

For example my experience with The End back in the day was sneaking up to him and going ham with the shotgun. I didnt know it was meant to be this long sniper duel until reading about it much later.

Also did Drew already pick up the SVD?

- J - D -

I dont know man. The fight is so open its also pretty easy to cheese if you want as well.

For example my experience with The End back in the day was sneaking up to him and going ham with the shotgun. I didnt know it was meant to be this long sniper duel until reading about it much later.

Sneaking up behind him is a valid option for this fight. If Drew can actually sneak up to The End, that's about as commendable for him as going through the standard sniper duel with the old man.

I just hope Dan doesn't say anything here. No tips, no tricks.

Corgi

Banned
Hope drew gets caught by the end. He
drags you all the way back to everyone's favorite science lab basement prison and tells you to try again.

Drew would pull his hair out for sure.

Jintor

Sneaking up behind him is a valid option for this fight. If Drew can actually sneak up to The End, that's about as commendable for him as going through the standard sniper duel with the old man.

I just hope Dan doesn't say anything here. No tips, no tricks.

Also the first time I bothered using the directional mic. (Probably the last too except for secret dialogue)

Seregil

Well, judging by the last boss fight, I'm sure Jason or Dan will tell Drew to use the thermal goggles after two minutes to just follow the end's footprints and the fight will be over in 5 minutes.

Thermal goggles basically ruin everything in the game and I can't believe Dan made Drew go back for them.

I know it won't happen, but I hope Drew
just rolls with binoculars, thermals only to track footprints, directional mic to listen for The End and the start Map to track the paths and potential snipe points to look out for. As fo what weapons he'll use... Well he won't be getting Moss camo, and is the Mosin Nagant related to defeating The End
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom