• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentyn

For fans of Alt+F1. Didn't see it posted yet

uatZBSE.png

It will be glorious.

jgminto

Finished my new playthrough of MGS3. Was planning to play alongside Drew but it's too good a game for that. I feel sorry for those who can't enjoy it. The series still hasn't re-reached the heights of 3. Maybe they'll do it with TPP, at least from a gameplay perspective.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, thinking back on it a lot of drew's problems will be alleviated if he actually uses the tranq gun.

I love how bloodthirsty he is though.

Jintor

Finished my new playthrough of MGS3. Was planning to play alongside Drew but it's too good a game for that. I feel sorry for those who can't enjoy it. The series still hasn't re-reached the heights of 3. Maybe they'll do it with TPP, at least from a gameplay perspective.

That first and second act of MGS4 is preeeeetty good gameplay wise

jgminto

That first and second act of MGS4 is preeeeetty good gameplay wise
They are and if it kept up that standard for the rest of the game it would probably be the best in the series. But it takes a total nosedive after that. I was actually thinking of playing some 4 recently but saw my save was in Chapter 3 and changed my mind.

Jintor

Octocamo was great

I think an interesting mechanic would be keeping octocamo but having to manually find patterns and then select which patterns auto-load when you're on what background. Or something.

Anjin M

Just watching MGS3 for the first time. I understand why this would drive you crazy. It's pretty funny watching him fumble through, though.

it's happened

Drews snapped

he's become a psychopath

he's killing everything

it's glorious

edit-oh my god looking at the time and where he's at I think the worst is going to happen...unless he does 10 minutes of codec calls

edit edit-ok never mind codec calls

That chat right at the end of the episode is amazing, it's like...

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD THAT PARAMEDIC CALL, RIGHT AFTER DAN AND JASON WERE TELLING HIM IT WOULD BE A BAD IDEA. Amazing.

jgminto

Dan should tell Drew to use the Mk22 instead of the M1911. He doesn't have to headshot people to take them down and won't get an instant caution when he doesn't. He's usually moving through areas quick enough that he wouldn't have to worry about them waking up before he moves on.

Nintendo going mobile.

yeah but everyone knows Giant Bomb is the #1 hater of Nintendo related news

with your favorite stars such as

Jeff "Fuck that Yoshi" Gerstmann
Brad "It's the same thing" Shoemaker
Dan "Let's do Mario Party again" Ryckert
and special guest star

Drew "FUCK MARIO PARTY" Scanlon

Valtýr

Since Dan tends to play fast and loose, his advice tends to enforce that kind of play. So it seems that Drew would rather be sneaky and non-lethal, but the advice he's being given doesn't help him do that.

With that being said, Drew will never beat The End.

GavinGT

Banned
Valtýr;156253732 said:
Since Dan tends to play fast and loose, his advice tends to enforce that kind of play. So it seems that Drew would rather be sneaky and non-lethal, but the advice he's being given doesn't help him do that.

I think Drew just doesn't want to sit motionless in the brush for multiple minutes every time he gets spotted. I'm sure he'd play very differently if he were at home alone.

Valtýr;156253732 said:

I don't think Drew wants to play it sneaky.

Sounds more like Nintendo licensing characters to a Mobile developer.

Nah, the press release and conference said both companies are developing for mobile. And their joint membership service is going to be on everything and the new Nintendo platform will be heavily involved with it. It's a major business deal.

Why were they freaking out about saving and the next episode? (Unless they were planning on recording the next one more than a week from now.)

Valtýr

I don't think Drew wants to play it sneaky.

It's how I perceive it. He's attempting to use the systems being presented to him but a lot of the advice he's being given is giving him a false impression of how they work. Just listen to how Dan described the camo index system.

edit: Now don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily bashing the series. Just pointing out the way I see the series going based on the dynamic between the two.

Zocano

Man, people have said it before but the way Drew has been playing MGS3 seems so... at odds with his interest in slow methodical learning of flight sims and such. While MGS3 is clunky as shit, it's still got a lot of systems to learn and I've always thought that would be up Drew's alley.

I think a big problem is just that this is being produced as video content and he probably feels pressured to get through it in a timely manner instead of chilling out, learning every guard pattern, and giving a very very strong effort to slowly sneak through these areas.

I think it's a huge huge problem with him switching from the tranq gun and I feel his willingness to stealth has deteriorated since he switched to the M1911 since missing the headshot just ends up with a caution.

Valtýr;156254656 said:
It's how I perceive it. He's attempting to use the systems being presented to him but a lot of the advice he's being given is giving him a false impression of how they work. Just listen to how Dan described the camo index system.

edit: Now don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily bashing the series. Just pointing out the way I see the series going based on the dynamic between the two.

Well to be fair the camo index itself just feels incredibly obtuse in how it works. 90%. 90% chance to see me? How and when does it make these checks? It just feels obtuse as fuck when you first learn it. I mean after playing it through a couple times you realize that on normal, basically >75% you're okay, hard, 85-90%, and above that you need 90% to be assured of them never seeing you. It's just silly and incredibly opaque about it. And this all requires a lot of experimenting and failing and being persistent about it. Drew hasn't been doing that, sadly, and I don't know if it's because he doesn't want to or feels pressured or Dan is just steering him away from it.

Why were they freaking out about saving and the next episode? (Unless they were planning on recording the next one more than a week from now.)

If you don't play within 2 days after saving in the battle, the next time you play you'll get a cutscene showing The End capturing Snake. You end up all the way back in the Graniny Gorki jail. You can see it here (along with the "dying of old age" cutscene).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom