• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Watching Drew play MGS3 makes me realize how much easier the game is compared to 1 and 2, on normal settings anyways. Look at how many bullets he takes and how much damage they take off. It's like nothing.

Jason with his good advice: "Unequip the radar so you don't drain the battery."

Then they IGNORE him and do nothing.

hamchan

I'm conflicted, potato marshal is clearly a peace of garbage and none of this is ok, but all I can think of when watching is how many times Patrick has trolled bars jukeboxes and how much he used to cackle on the bombcast about it.

PotatoMarshal is a hero and all of it is great.

Hahaha I'm listening the the recently released episode of the Super Best Friendcast and apparently Matt met Jeff at Captivate and hounded him with that Horse Meet Rider joke and freaked Jeff out. Oh Matt.

I wonder if any of the guys will bother to Quick Look Final Fantasy Type 0 HD. Seems like one Brad could possibly look at and maybe the FFXV demo could lure him in.

I'm conflicted, potato marshal is clearly a peace of garbage and none of this is ok, but all I can think of when watching is how many times Patrick has trolled bars jukeboxes and how much he used to cackle on the bombcast about it.

Giant Bomb 13 | Potato_Marshal Wins

PotatoMarshal is fine until the old monk fight and then it's just absurd and truly just being a low life scum shit bag.

it's just a game

hamchan

PotatoMarshal is fine until the old monk fight and then it's just absurd and truly just being a low life scum shit bag.

Why? What's the difference? The whole invasion aspect of the Souls games is made for trolling other players, PotatoMarshal is just fulfilling that role.

PotatoMarshal is still the best thing about GB Souls.

Why? What's the difference? The whole invasion aspect of the Souls games is made for trolling other players, PotatoMarshal is just fulfilling that role.
Some people somehow deny that the P2P is poorly designed and exploitable! As if twinked player invasions aren't an issue!

dedxqr.gif

Big-E

The only frustrating thing for me is that its been three games now and Drew still can't handle guards with any consistency. Can't get through an area without an alert.

POTATO  MARSHAL  IS  LIFE

Jintor

ah, i thought
Dan was going to sabotage the in-game clock

/edit lol paramedic just dropping the bombs. this is the closest we can get to a mindfuck in this era

glorious to watch

dogflaps

Banned
There's two things in life that send me from 0 to INTENSE RAGE, and that's my earphone cable catching on something and pulling the buds out my ears and watching people play video games really badly.

With this information, will I enjoy MGScanlon? I don't have a Premium Membership but I like Drew and I like MGS so feel like it could be quite entertaining, but from the sounds of it he's just bumbling around and fucking everything up all the time.

There's two things in life that send me from 0 to INTENSE RAGE, and that's my earphone cable catching on something and pulling the buds out my ears and watching people play video games really badly.

With this information, will I enjoy MGScanlon? I don't have a Premium Membership but I like Drew and I like MGS so feel like it could be quite entertaining, but from the sounds of it he's just bumbling around and fucking everything up all the time.

He bumbles around quite a bit, but I've rarely found it frustrating. This thread often makes a bigger deal of his mistakes than is really warranted,

But the entire premise of the series is a newcomer not used to these games playing through them.

skynidas

Banned

if it sends you to intense rage i wouldn't recommend it

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Don't watch Metal Gear Scanlon if bad game playing makes you angry. I'm normally pretty chill about it but the combination of Dan giving bad, straight-up false advice and Drew never learning anything (seriously, 2 games in and he still doesn't know how the tranqs work, just to name one example) makes this extremely frustrating. I know MGS3 has esoteric controls, but you could, I don't know, read the manual or something? It was expected back then. Learn the damn controls, at least.

If you have any familiarity with the MGS series, and it sounds like you do, you will be punching walls watching the MGS3 run. I don't, but I'm just generally getting annoyed at poor gameplay.

That said, the MGS2 run was actually pretty fun to watch, if just a little rough in a few spots.

In the last episode of Metal Gear Scanlon 4 (or Peace Duder if they play that) they reveal that Drew is actually an MGS veteran, having played through all the games multiple times.

He then takes off his mask and reveals that he was Kojima all along.

Drew is being so bad at the game that even Dan is getting annoyed at him. Without Dan guiding him he just goes on a shooting spree. I wonder how hard Jason cringed when Drew did the fake death pill and actually hit continue. Even DSP wasn't this bad.

tchocky

Drew is being so bad at the game that even Dan is getting annoyed at him. Without Dan guiding him he just goes on a shooting spree. I wonder how hard Jason cringed when Drew did the fake death pill and actually hit continue. Even DSP wasn't this bad.

I loved it when Dan put his head into his hands as Drew is trying to kill a guy and wasting his suppressor he just equipped. Even Dan who plays MGS like Rambo wondered why Drew was intent on killing this guy.

bombcast gonna be a wild one w/ the nintendo news today

I think it's a good call for the JP market. Smart phones have pretty much replaced handhelds according to varying accounts from different corners of the internet. As long as it isn't shovelware or a F2P mess, I'm glad Nintendo is branching out a bit.

I wonder if Drew is just doing all of this on purpose to troll MGS3 fans.

Did not enjoy this episode of MGScanlon very much.

Clearly frustrating for Drew and thus frustrating to the viewer. If they wanna make progress within this episodic format the best bet would be play it slowly instead of trying to rush it which has the opposite effect.

Every time the alarm clock is just about to run down and another grenade is thrown / the unnecessary clip is being emptied to guards leg far away is just making this drag too long. I wouldn't mind Dan giving some straight up advice at this point.

//that cliffhanger tho

f0rk

There are so few details about Nintendos announcements I don't really care they missed it. Like, couldn't the mobile games just end up being pokemon shuffle or whatever?

There are so few details about Nintendos announcements I don't really care they missed it. Like, couldn't the mobile games just end up being pokemon shuffle or whatever?

Totally. They could be entirely new IPs or games that won't come to the handheld market, or they could be ports, or anything.

It's a huge business deal with shares being exchanged, it's going to be more significant than that. Nintendo is aiming to be a significant player in the mobile market.

hamchan

You won't. Straight up, he's bad at the game.

tchocky

Nintendo have already bought like $180 million in shares so this is pretty huge. I imagine intelligent systems and the wario ware team will be making a of of the mobile games.

dogflaps

Banned
Thanks for your input everyone, I think I'll give MGScanlon a miss.

I remember inviting my friend round to play MGS4 and watching him endlessly fail at what seemed to be the most basic tasks and gameplay segments and my blood was boiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom