• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

Apropos of nothing, Lock Down just came up on my shuffle.

God damn, that is a fine ass song. Pure joy.

I can't wait for the E3 chat/thread moment again.

strafer

The thing they were talking about at the end about The End and stopping the recording,
was it about if they leave for a long period and then return to record he will be dead?

The thing they were talking about at the end about The End and stopping the recording,
was it about if they leave for a long period and then return to record he will be dead?

Yes.

But I think the time needed for that to happen is 7 days so they should be ok.

much deserved, it was such big news. I still remember the fervor with game sites and GAF when that happened. what a scoop.

I remember when all the DRM info first came out, and of course the classic "well if you don't want to play online you can play on the 360" fiasco. What a time for gaming.

Vincent Caravella @VinnyCaravella · 22m 22 minutes ago
In honor of St. Patrick's Day @dannyodwyer should help @DanRyckert and @drewscanlon with their Snake problem.

Good tweet from Vinny.

LiK

Vincent Caravella @VinnyCaravella · 22m 22 minutes ago
In honor of St. Patrick's Day @dannyodwyer should help @DanRyckert and @drewscanlon with their Snake problem.

Good tweet from Vinny.

i'm liking that Vinny is actually watching the LP. He's tweeted about it a few times. I guess it helps him pass time while working on all that A/V stuff for the studio.

It's weird that I still let this slightly rub me the wrong way. That "Sony Too™" period of time is one I'd like to forget about.

Eh, it sucks but I can definitely understand that way of thinking. The idea that one of them would attempt that much DRM without knowing some idea that the other is doing the same just seems insane. For all we know Sony could have been thinking along the lines until a certain point. It's pretty much the same thing as Sony announcing Morpheus and not immediately assuming Microsoft would do something similar.

FluxWaveZ

What do you mean?

That the video reminds me of the general tone that was going around at the time around the first half of 2013, with the whole "fans vs. professional enthusiasts" vibe and those claiming that Sony was simply going to follow in Microsoft's footsteps, with their Xbox One plans unveiled in May (of which Patrick was among).

I'm not maddened about it; I'm just recalling how that time wasn't a pleasant atmosphere.

tchocky

Eh, it sucks but I can definitely understand that way of thinking. The idea that one of them would attempt that much DRM without knowing some idea that the other is doing the same just seems insane. For all we know Sony could have been thinking along the lines until a certain point. It's pretty much the same thing as Sony announcing Morpheus and not immediately assuming Microsoft would do something similar.

I think most likely what happened is Sony was planning the same then saw the reaction to MS and changed course which generated them extreme goodwill which has ended up reducing criticism of their lackluster lineup of exclusive games.

Not just that.
The End will also capture Snake (since when you "save", you're sleeping), and put him in the jail cells in the lab from earlier. Then you have to make your way alllll the way back to where The End is.

Drew's reaction to being stuck back there would be worth it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's been way too long since we've heard one of Jeff's shady roommate stories. LA Cops Quick Look justifies its existence.

kershner

Banned
Man, people and their controversial food opinions.

Dan has always been right - you've probably almost never had a bad meal in your life (barring shit like something being undercooked/other wacky catastrophes).

All food is fine, some you just might like better than others. Chipotle's rice doesn't 'taste like shit' you just like other rice more. Chipotle's rice is fine.

Holy crap, there are always cops at Chipotle. My son always want to touch their motorcycles.

Now I want Chipotle. Yeah, the rice it bad though. I think it needs more moisture or something.

edit: LA Cops looks awkward.

kvk1

I can only accept Jeff's hatred on Chipotle if he told me that Moe's was the better alternative.

Because Moe's is the better alternative.

FStop7

Banned
There's two things in life that send me from 0 to INTENSE RAGE, and that's my earphone cable catching on something and pulling the buds out my ears and watching people play video games really badly.

BROTHERRRRRRRRR!

I hate that with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns gone supernova.

To the point where I don't wear earbuds anymore.

I can only accept Jeff's hatred on Chipotle if he told me that Moe's was the better alternative.

Because Moe's is the better alternative.

Moe's goes too weird. some of their stuff is okay but I kind of don't need wacky bullshit burritos, just make me a goddamn normal one that doesn't taste like shit and we're good

Volotaire

Wait, what's the news? Is it that Nintendo thing?

- Nintendo committing to mobile development in a strategic partnership with DeNA with shared information structures through the deal.

- Nintendo announcing a codename for a new unannounced dedicated video game system, NX.

- Nintendo confiorming a unified account system for smart devices, PC's and across their hardware systems

- J - D -

If you're from California or the south/midwest regions of the US, why bother going to Chipotle when there are so many choices for Mexican food (or Texmex) practically around every block? I remember an old bombcast where the guys talked about weeks where they had Chipotle practically everyday for lunch meetings. Bummed me out, because I've been to downtown SF and there's no shortage of good places to get burritos or tacos.

Chipotle is the PF Changs of Mexican food. It's overly salty (the new tofu stuff they have is like a parody of this) and priced in a manner that, if you wanted something above Taco Bell, you might as well go to a real tacqueria.

BearPawB

Banned
Moe's goes too weird. some of their stuff is okay but I kind of don't need wacky bullshit burritos, just make me a goddamn normal one that doesn't taste like shit and we're good

How is moes wacky?

I get a steak burrito, sour cream, quac, cilantro, and jalepenos. What is odd about that? Or do you just mean the names.

I like Moe's steak better than chipotle
I like Chipotles' chicken better than moe's chicken

Most people I know say moes sucks. But i like it. And they give you chips without bullshit added costs

why bother going to Chipotle when there are so many choices for Mexican food (or Texmex) practically around every block? I remember an old bombcast where the guys talked about weeks where they had Chipotle practically everyday for lunch meetings. Bummed me out, because I've been to downtown SF and there's no shortage of good places to get burritos or tacos.

Im in the south east. But, Chipotle is fast. Sure i could get a better burrito at a real restaurant. But I want something quick why not moes or chipotle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom