• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff is rubbing off on Brad.

tumblr_muwvj0QxIV1rvo0tro2_250.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Dre should watch some Let's Plays of missions he already finished, just to get a better idea of the game itself?

tchocky

Maybe Dre should watch some Let's Plays of missions he already finished, just to get a better idea of the game itself?

He should rewatch the Granin cutscene since he missed the part about "The Philosophers Legacy" and it's going to come up again in MGS4.

Mr. F

Banned
I honestly wonder if Drew is going to be asking for explanations of basic game mechanics up through the end of the game. Several bosses in and it feels like he still doesn't have a handle on some key stuff.

No_Style

I've loved the bast two Metal Gear Scanlons but, honestly, this particular series has been almost unwatchable. Watching someone play a game badly and get frustrated is not entertaining, nor is Dan giving advice that really hurts Drew's gameplay (Shoot everyone rather than tranquillize, 75% = 1/4 being spotted etc). This isn't Dan's fault in so much as he hasn't played MGS3 nearly as many times as MGS 1 and MGS 2. It does, however, lead to frustration.

It doesn't feel authentic, either. I can't imagine that Drew would be approaching or tackling the game in this manner at his own leisure off camera. You really need an hour or so of just messing around with all the systems before you can proceed effectively in the game and instead of doing that they've just been brute-forcing the way through the game without learning why it's fun to play.

I don't know if Drew needs to practice outside of the videos or just play slower. Or something.

I also agree with those who feel that Drew never really got to grips with MGS' core mechanics from the original game, in terms of movement and combat.

I agree with all of this. It's been a tough watch but I'm sticking with it because of the off chance there's a classic moment. I think the problem is the fact that he is trying everything but not attempting to master any of it. Dan isn't helping either by trying to live vicariously through his playthrough by distracting him with all these different things.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
I don't even get Vinny's plane joke, to be honest w/ y'all

In the Homeworld QL I told Jeff the game defaults to a 2D plane for movement commands for simplicity's sake, and I couldn't remember the hotkey for setting commands above/below the plane, and who cares because you can just target everything directly and have your units path their way there anyway.

Cue a bunch of people screaming DURRRR IT'S NOT LIMITED TO A 2D PLANE DO THE FUCKING TUTORIAL IDIOT like I somehow missed that fact and hadn't said as much in the video already. People like that either don't pay attention to what they're watching or they're really that desperate to find things to say I'm wrong about, not sure which.

LiK

In the Homeworld QL I told Jeff the game defaults to a 2D plane for movement commands for simplicity's sake, and I couldn't remember the hotkey for setting commands above/below the plane, and who cares because you can just target everything directly and have your units path their way there anyway.

Cue a bunch of people screaming DURRRR IT'S NOT LIMITED TO A 2D PLANE DO THE FUCKING TUTORIAL IDIOT like I somehow missed that fact and hadn't said as much in the video already. People like that either don't pay attention to what they're watching or they're really that desperate to find things to say I'm wrong about, not sure which.

Brad, you need to stop letting people get under your skin for that. I thought it was a good QL.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Throw Bully into that mix too. Been wanting to replay it, but I kinda would rather watch Brad play through it for the first time.

I don't want BB to just turn into "let's play through an entire game because we want to." We already kinda got away from the original intent of tackling one specific super hard achievement or challenge with Demon's Souls. I felt okay about that one because arguably the entire game is the hard part, but turning the whole thing into a glorified series of Let's Plays just feels cheap.

That weird hidden final level in 3D World that everyone says is so balls-out impossible would be perfect for this, but the legwork required to even unlock that thing would take more free time than I have right now.

I don't want BB to just turn into "let's play through an entire game because we want to." We already kinda got away from the original intent of tackling one specific super hard achievement or challenge with Demon's Souls. I felt okay about that one because arguably the entire game is the hard part, but turning the whole thing into a glorified series of Let's Plays just feels cheap.

That weird hidden final level in 3D World that everyone says is so balls-out impossible would be perfect for this, but the legwork required to even unlock that thing would take more free time than I have right now.

Can't you just use someone else's save? Oh wait, WiiU.

Myggen

Brad, you need to stop letting people get under your skin for that. I thought it was a good QL.

Well, with that one I would be pretty annoyed too. He clearly said in the start of the video that it's on multiple planes, which I pointed out in this thread, but that he hadn't seen much of a reason to use it yet. And yet a bunch of people for some reason said that he hadn't understood that it wasn't just on one plane from the tutorial.

What about a second try at the Geometry Wars achievement?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Not beating that final Mario 3D world stage still eats at me. i threw myself at that wall for a good hour on two separate occasions and still could not beat it. And id like to think im pretty good at these games.

- J - D -

Metal Gear Scanlon is over. It's time for Breaking Brad Boss: Metal Gear Shoemaker. You try to get the highest ranking in an MGS game of your choice.

Brashnir

The first boss who is supposed to kill you in Salt and Sanctuary would be a perfect BB

Doing that 3D World level would be pretty cool as I ripped my hair out doing it. It's unfortunate it takes a while to get there.

LiK

I don't care what it is, but it's time to bring Breaking Brad back.

Brad, I hear that Castlevania II: Simon's Quest is a difficult 2d action adventure game. I highly suggest you give that a shot for your Breaking Brad series of videos.

The GB love for MacGruber aside, is at actually worth watching? I haven't seen anything MacGruber related.

It's dumb comedy but I think it is legit good. Have you seen Hot Rod? Both are done by the Lonely Island guys(directing and writing at least) so that should give you an idea of the type of comedy it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom