• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
that is a pretty badass wedding program.

CQilp2y.jpg

daydream

Banned
MonHun really, really clicked with me today, more than it already did initially. More MonHun coverage by Jason x Brad pls.

Anyway, now that I am an expert, ask me anything about MonHun.

That or Axiom Verge.

Would be my guess. Seemed like Dan and Brad were playing the same game (Jeff was also talking something they couldn't talk about, but I would be shocked if that was Bloodborne:p) and Bloodborne makes sense.

edit: Ah, Fjordsen makes a good point. Could obviously be Axiom Verge since we know he's been playing that. And that's probably what Jeff alluded to playing.

Could it be Pillars of Eternity? I wonder if any of them will check it out (maybe Rorie?)

This is kind of a weak article. It feels like a time capsule from five years ago.

Demon's Souls came out 6 years ago, the article is a period piece.

I think it's almost certainly Axiom Verge based on what Dan was saying on the Ori quicklook. Man.... my backlog is just stupidly long right now. I don't even want to think about it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
This is kind of a weak article. It feels like a time capsule from five years ago.

I have no problem with articles about older games, I think games coverage in general could use more of it, but this is very superficial and doesn't really provide any great new insight. I'll still take it over a lame hype piece or something stupid about DOES GAME LENGTH MATTER?!?!?! which everyone did when The Order came out. Talk about a topic that fell out of a time capsule, jfc.

Could it be Pillars of Eternity? I wonder if any of them will check it out (maybe Rorie?)

Beyond Rorie Brad seems like the only in the west coast office that would show an interest in the Pillars of Eternity and I imagine he will be occupied with Bloodborne. It's safe to say that it's axiom verge as I think both Dan and Jeff mentioned that they were playing it last week.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Pillars of Eternity seems like it'd be a perfect GB East QL. Pretty sure we'll get a QL of it regardless.

Seventy70

Doesn't Jason have a kid? He should join the Dadcast.

I was wondering the same thing. If he does, he is one of the few exceptions to the "becoming less cool after having kids" rule.
and when is VinnyVania back

GB East feels like it's still an eternity away :(
Seriously, It's been almost a year since Vinny left and the studio still isn't set up. I would have settled for a laptop, capture card, Alex and Vinny. Production value doesn't mean shit imo. Just make some damn content.

I have no problem with articles about older games, I think games coverage in general could use more of it, but this is very superficial and doesn't really provide any great new insight.

That's exactly my problem with it: It doesn't bring anything new to the table, it just basically repeats what everyone was saying about it when it was first out.

I need Michael McDonald inspiration. Any suggestions, anyone?

If I hear Yah Mo Be There one more time I'm going to Yah Mo burn this fucking place to the ground.

tchocky

what, did people go from "well at least he's a good writer" to "he was never a good writer" after he left GB

This thread has always been pretty critical of his articles for lacking depth. I personally think Patrick does a great job with regards to news and investigative work but his game criticism is lacking, which is probably due to him having more experience with the former.

hamchan

what, did people go from "well at least he's a good writer" to "he was never a good writer" after he left GB

He's good when he does investigative stuff. He's not so good when he just writes "Wow I just discovered this game that everyone else discovered years ago here is some basic stuff about why it's good that everyone already knows."

daydream

Banned

my opinion does not represent the thread's

i've always been very critical of all his writing, whether it was investigative and analytical, while lauding his work on camera and on the bombcast

He's good when he does investigative stuff. He's not so good when he just writes "Wow I just discovered this game that everyone else discovered years ago here is some basic stuff about why it's good that everyone already knows."

Considering the site's "fuck it man throw it up" policy on articles, this is making me think Kotaku isn't the perfect fit for Patrick that people were making it out to be.

but whatever this is the Giant Bomb OT not the Gawker OT

daydream

Banned
Catching up on Bombcasts (the 8-4 one was fantastic) and man, it's SO surreal to hear Brad defend MonHun on last week's cast.

Good for you, Brad! Triumph of the human spirit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom