• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

Dan's book seems to be selling pretty well going by it's amazon ranks.

Paperback

#656 in Books
#1 in Books > Self-Help > Anxieties & Phobias
#4 in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Anxiety Disorders

Kindle Version

#3,485 Paid in Kindle Store
#6 in Books > Self-Help > Anxieties & Phobias
#56 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Self-Help
#93 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting

Myggen

Paperback

#656 in Books

Kindle Version

Wrestlemania money right there.

hamchan

Paperback

#656 in Books

Kindle Version

A legit self-help book is much better in terms of actually selling copies than weird dumb fiction like Air Force Gator.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I know Dan said there'd be disclaimers and shit, but I still find it a liiiiiiiiittle bit distressing that he's writing a self-help book and running a podcast where people basically ask him for advice. Like, it's Dan Ryckert. I love him but he's pretty much the last person to take advice from because he's Dan Ryckert.

hamchan

I know Dan said there'd be disclaimers and shit, but I still find it a liiiiiiiiittle bit distressing that he's writing a self-help book and running a podcast where people basically ask him for advice. Like, it's Dan Ryckert. I love him but he's pretty much the last person to take advice from because he's Dan Ryckert.

His methods are pretty much The Secret tbh.

class%20clipart.jpg

GavinGT

Banned
Were they broke the first time?

GTA is maybe my favourite series in gaming, but I'm pretty ignorant of GTA online. Just not my thing.

Yeah, they kept getting dropped from the game. So they just hung out in the apartment and did dumb shit. Apparently it's working now, though.

You can give Dan shit for a lot of things, but he is a legit smart dude and his outlook is genuinely something others can & should learn from. The fact a guy like him can openly and eloquently talk about something as taboo as anxiety is a good thing, in my opinion. Whether you think they should or not, there are a lot of people who will look up to him or at least look to him as an example of someone who has overcome a potentially life ruining medical issue.

Also not really sure what AuthenticM is getting at, as no one called Mary a cunt, she used it in the traditional British way of referring to another person as "cunt" in a jovial & friendly manner.

Myggen

Any idea what game Dan was talking about in the podcast? Said he'd talk about it later or something. Probably Bloodborne?

Would be my guess. Seemed like Dan and Brad were playing the same game (Jeff was also talking something they couldn't talk about, but I would be shocked if that was Bloodborne:p) and Bloodborne makes sense.

edit: Ah, Fjordsen makes a good point. Could obviously be Axiom Verge since we know he's been playing that. And that's probably what Jeff alluded to playing.

Played a lot more MGS3 and made it as far as the one lab that Drew got lost in or something. Easy peasy. Also picked up the most OP weapon in the game, the handkerchief.

Then I went back in to practice throwing guards to the ground and holding them up on the floor. Dan, you HAVE to teach Drew this. Please.

Fjordson

Yeah, I remember Dan saying in some video that Jeff "should definitely be hyped for Axiom Verge" so it sounds like it'll be pretty good.

edit: actually, I think he said it to Brad in the Ori quick look.

Myggen

Yeah, I remember Dan saying in some video that Jeff "should definitely be hyped for Axiom Verge" so it sounds like it'll be pretty good.

edit: actually, I think he said it to Brad in the Ori quick look.

Jeff also seemed positive on the game from what little he's said on it. Wonder when the embargo ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom