• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time!

Metal Gear Scanlon 3: Part 7

eRLtNca.gif

- J - D -

Yeah, it was horrible how he lied to us when he said it wasn't 6 hours.

That is true, but he was heavily insinuating that it was somewhere in the higher number of hours.

Oh well. Not mad. 5-6 hours worth of Drew going against a single enemy sounds better in my head than it probably does in reality.

That is true, but he was heavily insinuating that it was somewhere in the higher number of hours.

Oh well. Not mad. 5-6 hours worth of Drew going against a single enemy sounds better in my head than it probably does in reality.

I personally wouldn't mind it, but watching the video it seems Drews into a groove during this fight. He's so calm and having fun.

I think this is the fight where Drew will fall in love with MGS forever
Edit-this is also the longest single try for the boss fight Drew has been in

Zebetite

Banned
What the heck Drew made it through a screen without getting spotted

edit:
He got in the machine gun turret so the rest of this episode is a wash

Zebetite

Banned
Is the ladder sequence actually dynamic?

Not to my knowledge, but the song is timed such that if you just hold up it will end as you exit the ladder. Drew only paused for a few seconds when it kicked in, so the song ended shortly before he exited the ladder.

I was looking through GameFAQs and noticed Drew's not too far from beating the game. For people that have beaten MGS3, how many more episodes do you expect?

In terms of bosses, there isn't too much, but there's a lot of stuff, especially cutscenes.

Yeah, in terms of bosses.....it's about 5 more, but there is aloooooot of downtime in between that. In a good way ofc.

Drew did well in a sniper fight.........this should have been obvious.

It was fucking magical. He nailed it completely. That was Commando Drew Mode, he just knew what to do and nailed it.

Lessee, it's actually a bit more than you think. I'm going to guess....5 more 1h30m episodes.

That would bring it in line with the other videos. Metal Gear Scanlon had 11 videos (and the special bonus trailer video) and Metal Gear Scanlon 2 had 13. The next episode is 8. So 5 more would make it equal to Metal Gear Scanlon 2.

nonoNoNONO You all are supposed to get angry at Drew playing MGS. I was looking forward to asborbing the salt levels from these episodes to sustain myself.

justjim89

The ladder bit is one of my favorite bits of great pacing and juxtaposition in all of gaming. How do you follow up a super-tense grueling sniper duel? Climbing a ladder up the length of a mountain and listening to the theme song, just to remind you it's silly ass Metal Gear and let you calm down. It's kind of brilliant.

Drew's fight with the end was masterful. Careful playing, surprising moments, hilarious moments (End is healing, Drew freaks out) and a badass finish to the whole thing. Greatest sequence in all of Metal Gear Scanlon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom