• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

"Hey, our janky wrestling game seems to be missing something. We've got weird animations, ripoff characters, and an obvious low budget aesthetic. What are we forgetting?"

"How about an amalgamation of the original short roidy rassler asshole and the guy who idolized him then murdered his own family?"

Sounds like a good idea.

Making a parody wrestling game and not having a parody Hogan seems like a real weird move.

Also getting through Breaking Brad Demons Souls and Brad has gone mad with lizard lust.

Zaph

xAslkio.png

I bet Brad is kicking himself considering that when they put Tuesday's Bombcast out he said there was no news left because of GDC. Then all of a sudden Nintendo announces mobile development and Kojima is expected to leave Konami.

tchocky

Goes to show just how little control creatives ultimately have in this industry - even veterans with their 'own' studio/brand and name on the box.

There really needs to be some shift in gaming towards other mediums in regards to hierarchy, employment and ownership. Currently devs have almost all the downsides of the film/tv freelance model, but none of the benefits.

It is the old Hollywood studio system model, actors, directors and writers are all replaceable.

Zaph

It is the old Hollywood studio system model, actors, directors and writers are all replaceable.

Sure

But without -

Industry rates based on contractual employment expectations
Strong representation and benefits
Negotiable IP ownership
Minimum royalty rates for above the line positions (also negotiable)
Contract lengths so you have a rough idea of your schedule and not just called into a room one day
Established freelance environment where planning future work isn't frowned upon/clandestine

The list goes on

It wouldn't be so bad if devs were treated like their peers employed outside the games industry. But they're not. Game devs are basically in the same limbo as film/tv VFX studios.

Myggen

I can live without another MGS by Kojima, I'm not a huge fan of the series anyway and it would be nice to see him do something else. But Silent Hills? That has to be dead now, it was Kojima's studio that was gonna make that game. And man that looked promising, Kojima making a horror game with a big budget had the potential to be amazingly weird.

Fuck all video games.

tchocky

Drew plays so well in this episode of MGS. Why the fuck hasn't he done this for the rest of the game?

He's just proven he can easily.

When he has multiple guards he panics and he has not been using the tranq gun so discovered bodies have set off alerts instead of guards just being woken up.

I think it is hilarious that the fight with The End is designed so you can use all the techniques you have perfected throughout the previous jungle areas against this one enemy. Instead Drew uses it as a tutorial to finally learn these techniques, just as he leaves the jungle.

Fjordson

I love MGS, but I'll be okay if MGS V is the end. Kojima has given us an amazing series full of great games already and I'd be really interested in seeing what he does without Konami.

My worry is Kojima retires or goes off to make random indie mobile games that never even come out in the West.

Drew plays so well in this episode of MGS. Why the fuck hasn't he done this for the rest of the game?

He's just proven he can easily.
I think playing on camera can be a weird experience and fluster someone unexpectedly. Makes you worry too much about the audience and how you "should" play to be entertaining instead of just playing the game in front of you (Drew's actually alluded to this worry). I mean Drew's played plenty of games on camera before, but maybe you see it here because he's unfamiliar with MGS.

Mully

Kojima should direct the next Fast and Furious film. That franchise is so close to reaching MGS levels of crazy, all it needs is a signature Hideo push.

I can live without another MGS by Kojima, I'm not a huge fan of the series anyway and it would be nice to see him do something else. But Silent Hills? That has to be dead now, it was Kojima's studio that was gonna make that game. And man that looked promising, Kojima making a horror game with a big budget had the potential to be amazingly weird.

Fuck all video games.

If he was super committed to the idea he could still go out and make a horror game, it just won't have the silent hill name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom