• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to include Suda but he's never been a great dev and has been coasting on Killer 7 for like a decade now.

He's been developing Smash games to the point that it's killing him. I'd arguing he's worse off now than before.

i'm sure swery would be happy to take him under his wing, teach him a thing or two

fuck, a swery/kojima joint production would be a dream. Or a total mindfuck. but it would be nothing short of exceptional.

dan ate sushi or something with Kojipro, dude needs to leverage his deep friendship with them to get some hot scoops.

You said successful, not happy. And he seems incredibly pleased to work himself to death, anyway.

i guess he has been successful but i really was looking for developers who had been successful when starting off on their own venture. Sakurai is piratically a nintendo employee compared to the other examples.

so1337

Just watched Drew tackle the The End boss fight. Unbelievable. He nailed it. It's like suddenly a switch just flipped and he started not sucking.

Wow surprised not to hear a peep from Dan about Kojima,wonder if he's in denial?

That being said, losing the MGS francise and the chance of ever getting a legitimate zoe 3

Xater

Wow surprised not to hear a peep from Dan about Kojima,wonder if he's in denial?

That being said, losing the MGS francise and the chance of ever getting a legitimate zoe 3

ZOE3 was never a real thing. Just like that new Contra Konami announced some time ago.

The weird awesome details and quirky shit that Kojima fills his games with makes me hope he sticks with games.

I kind of hope he just takes the KojiPro team and sets up a new studio and then leads the way for some new talent to take the reigns. He tried this with Rising but with that it seemed like he basically left them to it and went off, if he was to stick around as an ideas man but step back a bit I think that could be pretty great.

strafer

Hey guys, what about?

Dino_Crisis.jpg

dudes, but check this out

Iga is out

Kojima is out

what game do they have in common?

we're going to get the spiritual successor to Tokimeki Memorial.

popo

Brad it's time to break bombcast tradition and record a second cast this week for all the news that has broken.

I am sure we can wait until next week to hear them tell us what we already know. Given the lack if detail in any of the stories, it isn't even like there will be much to discuss.

Context? I don't know the history of anyone before GB.

What? You've never heard of "Gerstmanngate?" Jeff actually went into detail when Giant Bomb was bought out by CBS, but the gist is Jeff gave a middling score to Kane & Lynch (2?) and a inexperienced management team caved to outside pressure and gave him the boot.

I never followed Gamespot back in the day, so I never listened to their podcast. Crazy that they would talk so candidly about management's mistakes like this. Also, Vinny is a great host.

Wasn't Jeff fired for his unabashed review and comments about Kane and Lynch, made by Eidos, which was a big sponsor of GameSpot at the time? I really didn't like Jeff back then because of his negativity, but even I thought it was pretty awful.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Wasn't Jeff fired for his unabashed review and comments about Kane and Lynch, made by Eidos, which was a big sponsor of GameSpot at the time? I really didn't like Jeff back then because of his negativity, but even I thought it was pretty awful.

So why do you like him now? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Myggen

Jeff was fired from Gamespot back in 2007 for writing a negative review of Kane and Lynch, suits at the company that owned GS basically panicked when the publisher threatened to pull advertisement because of that and firing Jeff was the solution. That podcast was recorded just days after it happened, with Alex, Vinny, Ryan etc. talking about the incident (and they all left GS not long after that, as we all know).

Yup.

Weird how in the conversation on the podcast, they all sounded pretty sure that the score didn't factor in to Jeff being fired.

I never really followed review sites too closely. I watched X-Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom