• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Looking at what Konami has scheduled for release this year, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they will have completely moved away from making "big console games" in a few years, except for maybe PES. Especially if Kojima actually leaves.

Konami and Capcom are the two most depressing stories of last gen and this gen so far to me.

hamchan

This might be the last Metal Gear after all....Dan will be sad.

This increases the chance that the end of MGSV is a remake of Metal Gear.

Looking at what Konami has scheduled for release this year, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they will have completely moved away from making "big console games" in a few years, except for maybe PES. Especially if Kojima actually leaves.

Konami and Capcom are the two most depressing stories of last gen and this gen so far to me.

Capcom started off real well, too. I feel like the tipping point was when both Bionic Commando and Dark Void bombed. Up until then, they had had a string of international successes with Lost Planet, Dead Rising, and Resident Evil 5 and things were looking really up for a brief moment there.

Now? It seems that if they didn't have Monhun to lean on they'd be done. Square Enix is also in a similar ship where they've tarnished the FF brand so much that if they didn't have a Dragon Quest game to throw out there every couple of years they'd be in some serious shit. And Konami has a Metal Gear game coming every other year alongside a tepidly-received soccer franchise that doesn't seem to be gaining any traction in the market. Sega is basically a sonic, alien, yakuza,and some releases and that's it. they couldn't even get phantasy star online 2 out overseas when there was a demand for it and the Yakuza series continues to feel like what final fantasy felt like in the 90s: sometimes we get it, sometimes we dont, doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason why.

I mean, shit looks grim if youre a fan of japanese third party devs and publishers.

well if Kojima's leaving then Drew and Dan will have to honor his memory with a full playthrough of Metal Gear Solid 5: Peace Walker.

If they could drag others into it it would be great. Peace Walker is messed up as a single player game (some of those boss fights are just grindy piece of shit attempts at Monhun-ing MGS) but as a coop experience they should be relatively easy. It really is MonHunGear, only what the fuck is MonHun doing in a stealth action game.

if they try to go for the true ending then i think we've got ourselves a 25-30 episode series. i don't see that happening.

Xater

I think the actual match quality will be good except the Bray/Taker match, but the buildup has been awful.

The match quality might end up being alright but who wants to see Lesnar vs Reigns? With them not even knowing if Lesnar stays it's a real missed opportunity to not have him face Bryan. Reigns is still way too green and I expect a stinker to middling match. Sting vs HHH will only be good is HHH carries the fuck out of it. Divas will be lol. The Battle Royal is a bunch of goofs. The ladder match might be alright, but there are people in there that could be used better.

If they could drag others into it it would be great. Peace Walker is messed up as a single player game (some of those boss fights are just grindy piece of shit attempts at Monhun-ing MGS) but as a coop experience they should be relatively easy. It really is MonHunGear, only what the fuck is MonHun doing in a stealth action game.

if they try to go for the true ending then i think we've got ourselves a 25-30 episode series. i don't see that happening.

I finished the entire game solo without any grinding. Not sure what you are talking about. The only little grind I remember is for the real ending.

The match quality might end up being alright but who wants to see Lesnar vs Reigns? With them not even knowing if Lesnar stays it's a real missed opportunity to not have him face Bryan. Reigns is still way too green and I expect a stinker to middling match. Sting vs HHH will only be good is HHH carries the fuck out of it. Divas will be lol. The Battle Royal is a bunch of goofs. The ladder match might be alright, but there are people in there that could be used better.

I finished the entire game solo without any grinding. Not sure what you are talking about. The only little grind I remember is for the real ending.
The battles weren't strategic like previous games. It was essentially shoot shoot shoot and if your health is low make a call for a supply drop. It was a war of attrition for almost every fight in the game, none of the style or substance from previous metal gear boss fights are to be found in Peace Walker.

and yeah, the true last chapter requires you to go back and get parts from the bosses you've defeated in order to finish the game. Nothing really fun or metal gear about it, it's just a straight up grind to the finish line.

popo

Hilarious question on Pat's tumblr. Guy wants to know if he left GB because Jeff wouldn't let him push his SJW agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom