• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
*pulls up Konami logo on Google images* "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUU!"

No no, it's "FuuuuuUUUUuUUuUuuuuuUk YOU"

So scoops/kotaku had nothing on this Konami thing? or something concrete enough before GameSpot fired its salvo?

kinda disappointing tbh

It's possible they wanted something more solid with such a massive story like this. This feels bigger than the Xbox thing.

tchocky

So scoops/kotaku had nothing on this Konami thing? or something concrete enough before GameSpot fired its salvo?

kinda disappointing tbh

It makes a bit more sense for Peter Brown to have sources at a Japanese company than Patrick. Most of Patrick's stories have concentrated on US companies.

Myggen

kinda disappointing tbh

The GS story reads a bit thin to me, but I dunno, maybe its a very well placed source. But generally I have problems trusting stories only supported by one source.

LiK

The GS story reads a bit thin to me, but I dunno, maybe its a very well placed source.

I have to agree, someone at GS already had a source and confirmed/published the story fairly quickly. They need to be pretty confident to report it so soon.

14fN7yC.jpg

move over, scoops and schreier

Mully

Guillermo Del Toro was helping Kojima right?

Maybe they're well into production with Silent Hills because of GDT's schedule? I mean he was only producing The Strain and filming for Crimson Peak ended early last year. That'd be enough time to create a story and see the first few months of production for Silent Hills. All that'd be left by the time Kojima leaves would likely be getting the game up to Beta and crunch for cert before Holiday '16.

I know Hideo's perfectionism wouldn't be there if that's the way things are going, but I doubt his departure would seriously hurt the development.

It makes a bit more sense for Peter Brown to have sources at a Japanese company than Patrick. Most of Patrick's stories have concentrated on US companies.

The GS story reads a bit thin to me, but I dunno, maybe its a very well placed source. But generally I have problems trusting stories only supported by one source.

i guess it makes sense trying to have your ducks in a row first but it seems GS is confident enough in their own to fire (knowing the consequences, especially for something that seems really big)

14fN7yC.jpg

move over, scoops and schreier

lol

tchocky

i guess it makes sense trying to have your ducks in a row first but it seems GS is confident enough in their own to fire (knowing the consequences, especially for something that seems really big)

I think that gamespot story only mentions a single source which I think is a bit risky. I think Patrick has talked before about always wanting multiple sources to confirm a story to make sure it is not just one person either ill informed or with an agenda.

I think that gamespot story only mentions a single source which I think is a bit risky. I think Patrick has talked before about always wanting multiple sources to confirm a story to make sure it is not just one person either ill informed or with an agenda.

sony planned on rolling out drm until the last minute, multiple sources confirm

Myggen

Yeah, that's pretty basic journalism; you'll rarely see big stories just supported by one single source. But I guess this is a pre existing source Pete Brown has at Konami that they're very, very confident in, so fair play. There's so much smoke now that it seems pretty clear that Kojima is out sooner rather than later, it'll be interesting if we get to know exactly why at some point.

Yeah, that's pretty basic journalism; you'll rarely see big stories just supported by one single source. But I guess this is a pre existing source Pete Brown has at Konami that they're very, very confident in, so fair play. There's so much smoke now that it seems pretty clear that Kojima is out sooner rather than later, it'll be interesting if we get to know exactly why at some point.

It doesn't help that there are signs pointing to the source being correct-Exemption of Kojima in the updated title, the 'restructuring' of the company and Kojima being demoted from VP/Exec position, Kojima being quiet since Monday(When the restructuring took place), KojiPro website becoming a redirection towards MGS....

If this is a ruse, it's a damn good ruse. But I don't think it is..

Myggen

It doesn't help that there are signs pointing to the source being correct-Exemption of Kojima in the updated title, the 'restructuring' of the company and Kojima being demoted from VP/Exec position, Kojima being quiet since Monday(When the restructuring took place), KojiPro website becoming a redirection towards MGS....

If this is a ruse, it's a damn good ruse. But I don't think it is..

Don't get me wrong, this seems to be happening and happening fast. It's just the details I'm always sceptical about when you base a story on one source like that.

Seventy70

This is all Drew and Dan's fault :'(

If Drew never played MGS, this would never have happened.

This is all happening at the same time Drew is playing against "The End". Do you think that's a coincidence? I think not.

Really interested to see Kojima's next move - he's been with Konami for decades now.

It'd be great if he took cues from Clover > Platinum and formed a new studio with other devs from KojiPro.

Who has been the most successful japanese developer to leave a major publisher, though? Mikami kinda had some success with Evil Within and I suppose Kayima did alright with his Platinum releases (well, i guess if you don't count W101) but Inafune has been pretty meh outside of maybe his fake megaman game that's still in development and Iga is making VNs or something for a random mobile company. And Ueda abandoned the flaming ship that was the Last Guardian not too long ago.

Not very optimistic about how this works out for Kojima.

Who has been the most successful japanese developer to leave a major publisher, though? Mikami kinda had some success with Evil Within and I suppose Kayima did alright with his Platinum releases (well, i guess if you don't count W101) but Inafune has been pretty meh outside of maybe his fake megaman game that's still in development and Iga is making VNs or something for a random mobile company. And Ueda abandoned the flaming ship that was the Last Guardian not too long ago.

sakaguchi did okay

but he is developing mobile games now

Sakurai.

daydream

Banned

i'm sure swery would be happy to take him under his wing, teach him a thing or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom