• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

I don't think Thomas Nagano is at Konami anymore. I thought he was just Naoki Maeda's personal translator, but apparently he sang in a song in some weird Konami PSP rhythm game so I don't know what the hell he did, but now he's working on weird Japanese F2P mobile card games that I don't think have any connection to Konami at all.

strafer

Everyone on here is special. You're great guys /gals.

Ralph-Wiggum.gif

It's really strange how Konami retroactively removed any branding to do with the series' creative director/big name.

I've changed my avatar in solidarity.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Konami is not going to sell off anything. You guys sound crazy. Those franchises are way better exploited as pachinko machines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VTG2scXSQw

This hurts my soul to watch. At this point I might be willing to buy a mobile version of Suikoden to keep the hope alive. I have basically given up though. Suikoden V was the best we could ever hope to get and I will just have to live accepting that II was the peak. Ah well.

Fjordson

Eeeh. Unsure. My recollection might be tinted because it was really the only way I got gaming news back in the day because we didn't have great internet, but our cable package had G4.

I sure remember him more fondly than Webb.
Honestly, I liked him and Morgan. They had some kinda funny skits way back when, I always enjoyed Adam's reviews, Morgan knew her stuff from the TechTV days, played WoW
and was hot
and was just an all around good host. It was a fun show.

When they tried to get more serious with it in the later years it become boring, but before then I liked it.

I liked the part where he compared it to Charles fucking Dickens
I never got why people went crazy over that. I mean it was a bit much, but I get what he was saying (I think).

hamchan

Come on, don't compare the greatness of Metal Gear Scanlon to Seinfeld. Seinfeld is just... blech. Between that and Friends, I'll never understand people's taste in 90s sitcoms.

Blech. That's what I think about your opinions on Seinfeld. Friends, fair enough that was a bad show, but Seinfeld is one of the greatest comedies ever made goddamit.

Damn right, Seinfeld is great

Is Jeff any more interested in Bloodborne than he was in the Souls games? I can't remember him really talking about it much.

I doubt it. I imagine he'll check it out but he didn't seem to be a fan of stuff like how the combat felt in the Souls games, which won't really change in Bloodborne.

danm999

Come on, don't compare the greatness of Metal Gear Scanlon to Seinfeld. Seinfeld is just... blech. Between that and Friends, I'll never understand people's taste in 90s sitcoms.

I'm with you on Friends, but how dare you insult Seinfeld good sir. Who do you think you are, Jeff?

Omg, is it you on an alt account Jeff?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Damn right, Seinfeld is great

I doubt it. I imagine he'll check it out but he didn't seem to be a fan of stuff like how the combat felt in the Souls games, which won't really change in Bloodborne.

The combat is different in bloodborne though. It's a lot faster and more action gamey.

I just don't get it. Why do people like Seinfeld? Every character on that show is extremely annoying. And that bass line... ugh.

Edit: Fresh Prince was probably the only great sitcom in the 90s. My favorite of all time is still the Dick Van Dyke show, though.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
emcee we need you again people are saying the bad thing about seinfeld when we all know Seinfeld is the GOAT

Oh, shit! Just saw Drew kill The End.

I wish he had taken longer! He basically discovered the most time-efficient manner of beating him right off the bat. Missed out on almost all of the idiosyncrasies of that fight, and DIDN'T EVEN KILL THE PARROT.

Oh, and I was totally right about what Dan was so worried about.

Bacon

I just don't get it. Why do people like Seinfeld? Every character on that show is extremely annoying. And that bass line... ugh.

Edit: Fresh Prince was probably the only great sitcom in the 90s. My favorite of all time is still the Dick Van Dyke show, though.

rmdSxh.jpg

Never seen Seinfeld but I always just assumed it was one of those popular sitcoms that wasn't that good.

Didn't know a lot of people really loved it.

Rapstah

Seinfeld is the funniest sitcom I know. I should get back to that.

Let's talk about The Nanny, you guys.

My mother loved The Nanny back when it was new and even as a kid I couldn't stand anything about it. I could probably still sing the stupid opening song, too.

Mully

Early footage of Patrick fighting for social justice in that picture!

Patrick used to wear crappy suits and go to bars in college acting as a big shot executive at a box factory up the road from where he went to school. His friends would also wear flamboyant office attire and act as his coworkers. They'd all go to a bar and basically do an improv routine about their shitty work lives.

I have a feeling this was one of his leftover suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom