• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's what I would look like wearing a Gear VR (or any VR headset, really), I am never going to put one on my head. Ugh.

Err, that's Gear VR without the phone in place. This is how it looks when you're actually using it:
samsung-unpacked-gear-vr-4.jpg

That being said, I will never understand people who care about what you look like playing VR games. Are people planning to play the games in the middle of the street or what?

Anjin M

Err, that's Gear VR without the phone in place. This is how it looks when you're actually using it:

That being said, I will never understand people who care about what you look like playing VR games. Are people planning to play the games in the middle of the street or what?

Thanks for the info. You're right, I'm not going to be wearing the thing in public. But I am married and I don't want my wife to regret marrying a colossal dork. Which I am, but I don't want her shove it in her face.

Thanks for the info. You're right, I'm not going to be wearing the thing in public. But I am married and I don't want my wife to regret marrying a colossal dork. Which I am, but I don't want her shove it in her face.

Based on my short time trying VR, it is the perfect tech to get someone to try out to understand why it is good. There is tons of stuff out there not related to playing games that are fun to try on people. They just have to look around to experience it, so gaming experience is not needed.

Since you're wearing the headset anyway, you can just turn off the lights! She'll never see how you look while playing.

Anjin M

Based on my short time trying VR, it is the perfect tech to get someone to try out to understand why it is good. There is tons of stuff out there not related to playing games that are fun to try on people. They just have to look around to experience it, so gaming experience is not needed.

Since you're wearing the headset anyway, you can just turn off the lights! She'll never see how you look while playing.

Put a mask on over the headset.

I love each and every one of you.

Myggen

Dave with some backstory on Luchadeer on Reddit:

Bought on EBay by Whiskey's CEO Shelby Bonnie to add something silly to the wood panel wall we added to make up for being a crummy basement office. Was immediately dressed up by Jeff for no good reason and thrown into videos on a lark.
Source: Dave, bored at the hospital.

JamboGT

I really like Alt+F1 and I think they're doing a great job but GODDAMN I wish I could be on the podcast with them lol. I've been following F1 for a bit over 15 years now so every 5min I have a funny story or a fact about something that happened 10 years ago that is related to what they are talking that I wish I could just add to the podcast.

(to be clear I'm not saying I'm special and obviously there's thousands other people who could do the same thing)

Yup, on one hand their lack of knowledge is something that to me, as a fan of F1 since 1986, is interesting and a good point of view, but at the same time I wish could fill them in on some details at times.

Yup, on one hand their lack of knowledge is something that to me, as a fan of F1 since 1986, is interesting and a good point of view, but at the same time I wish could fill them in on some details at times.

I think it'd completely kill the podcast to have some 3rd chair Encyclopedia Brown filling them in on knowledge gaps. I listen to that podcast for the entertainment and Drew and Danny.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This might be a weird question, but was it Giant Bomb I got that "It's time to wake up" song from? I'm pretty sure it was. And it was my alarm sound for a long time, but now I've lost it. Any source for that? Quite hard to find without any name to it.

This might be a weird question, but was is Giant Bomb I got that "It's time to wake up" song from? I'm pretty sure it was. And it was my alarm sound for a long time, but now I've lost it. Any source for that? Quite hard to find without any name to it.

I don't have a source for you, but I can confirm it was Giant Bomb. It was a Vinny hosted bombcast where he used it as the e-mail tune.

Xater

Is it the same guy that did the Pathfinder ones? Anyway, they are really good. Gets me in the mood to buy some Warhammer figures...

pronk420

have they streamed any monster hunter since the first teach me jason thing? I worry that Brad will give up before he's even gotten into the game proper, thinking its all about hunting Jaggias or something.

Corgi

Banned
thinking of the next part of MGS3... is it possible to get the colonel outfit just by killing everyone?

Always played that section Hitman style... wonder if you can just rambo it

Patryn

have they streamed any monster hunter since the first teach me jason thing? I worry that Brad will give up before he's even gotten into the game proper, thinking its all about hunting Jaggias or something.

They talked about possibly doing another one on the podcast, but they also acknowledge that there's only a short window left. Once Bloodborne comes out, MonHun gets pushed out of the way.

And Brad has already acknowledged that there's more to it, he just might not have the time to be able to play enough to get to that point.

klonere

Banned
pretty sure Jeff is a Kendrick stan so yeah he definitely likes it

blasphemy

It quite the departure from pretty much all his previous material, just wondering how he'd take to that. I love it, its super dense and needs a second deep look over to really click but its easily to the standard of GKMC. I really liked the new Drake as well. Agree on the new Schoolboy not being that great though.

Bacon

I've been listening to Kendrick on repeat since it came out. It pained me to switch over to the bombcast for those 3 hours on wednesday.

That series needs a vinny or a jeff

the series quickly became the Farmville video feature of modern GB. They need to walk away from it knowing that an occasional miss is nothing to be ashamed about.

Avalon worked, though, so the feature isn't totally a failure.

Anywho, I get a sense that they're not unveiling any new premium features right now because they're holding them back so they can announce them as part of the next BLLSL. So i'm expecting to hear about something new from GBEast and that Bread will finally do a premium feature that isn't the Quarterly DOTA.

strafer

Petals of white
Cover fields flowing in grieving tears
And all the hearts once new, old and shattered now
Love can kill, love will die
Give me wings to fly
Fleeing this world so cold
I just wonder why
Cold as the dark
Now my words, are frosted with every breath
Still the heat burns wild, growing inside this heart
When the wind changes course, when the stars align
I will reach out to you and leave this all behind
When heavens divide
When heavens divide
I will see the choices within my hands
How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny souls
Let me shine like the sun through the doubts and fear
Do you feel the storm approach as the end draws near
When heavens divide
Time will come to softly lay me down
Then I can see her face that I long to see
And for you, only you I would give anything
Leaving a trace for love to find a way
When heavens divide
I will dive into the fire
Spilling the blood of my desire
The very last time
My name scorched into the sky
When heavens divide
I will see the choices within my hands
How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny souls
Let me shine like the sun through the doubts and fear
Do you feel the storm approach as the end draws near
When heavens divide
Time will come to softly lay me down
Then I can see her face that I long to see
When heavens divide
When heavens divide

ultron87

The Adventure Zone, on the other hand, is super great and I look forward to each episode. It's remarkable how funny those McElroy guys are.

Yeah, it is really great. It definitely does a great job of showing how awesome DnD can be. Griffin's DMing makes me feel inadequate in the Pathfinder game I'm running. He's really good at it.

LiK

the series quickly became the Farmville video feature of modern GB. They need to walk away from it knowing that an occasional miss is nothing to be ashamed about.

Avalon worked, though, so the feature isn't totally a failure.

Anywho, I get a sense that they're not unveiling any new premium features right now because they're holding them back so they can announce them as part of the next BLLSL. So i'm expecting to hear about something new from GBEast and that Bread will finally do a premium feature that isn't the Quarterly DOTA.

first two eps of Unplugged are unwatchable. I don't care how much people love the guys. it's definitely not entertaining. I agree that they needed Jeff there to push them along or hit them with sick burns for taking forever with setting up a character.

New Kendrick is incredible. Jeff is a big fan of kendrick so hopefully he'll like it. Wish that song that he performed on Colbert was on it but apart from that , it's his best album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom