• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I just had a thought, has Dave come back for any content since he left Giant Bomb? Obviously he just had a second kid, but it'd be great if he could come over to sit in on the Quick Look when Pillars of Eternity comes out.

Bacon

Hey, I just had a thought, has Dave come back for any content since he left Giant Bomb? Obviously he just had a second kid, but it'd be great if he could come over to sit in on the Quick Look when Pillars of Eternity comes out.

He was on the extra life stream looking corny as hell in a leather jacket

Vinny on The 404 Show tomorrow.

a Bombcast, Extra Life, a UPF. I think there was a Flight Club after he left?

daydream

Banned
I just realized that I haven't seen a new Penny Arcade comic in years, probably. Not even through a retweet or something like that. Have they become less relevant or just worse or something? They used to be huge.

aside from the odd awkwardzombie comic here and there, have you seen any gaming-related webcomics, period, quoted recently? they're not exactly the latest craze

Pressing record and uploading to youtube is way faster than coming up with a script, illustrating, and coloring it.

At least, that's how it goes for me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
aside from the odd awkwardzombie comic here and there, have you seen any gaming-related webcomics, period, quoted recently? they're not exactly the latest craze
Definitely some through twitter/reddit/imgur, yeah. Never any PA.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I thought it was going to be this Destiny comic

i-mm9kF5Q-1050x10000.jpg

Jintor

Definitely some through twitter/reddit/imgur, yeah. Never any PA.

They lost their edge around 08 and then got engulfed by dickwolves, gabe attacking people and generally being a big baby (occasionally against deserved targets like Ocean Marketing guy but generally against... randoms), and generally being better known (or at least known better) for Child's Play/PAX.

They used to be absolutely on fire though. '06-'07 PA is some funny shit.

Based on this week's insane news (Nintendo, Konami/Kojima), the release of Bloodborne, and taking a few moments to hate Mario Party 10. There is a good chance next week's podcast will break 4 hours! It should be 3+ anyway.

If any more news happens tomorrow, then the podcast may explode.

Jintor

i still have no idea how i feel about the nintendo news

mainly, I still trust nintendo to be nintendo, i.e. release amazing-ass games with broken-ass surroundings and shitty infrastructure. Just this time on mobile platforms

I don't know if i trust mobile consumers to be consumers in the ways nintendo are used to. Well i definitely don't. I don't know what that picture looks like anymore really

i'm also generally beginning to care less about what-could-be with games and more about carving out free time from life to play the games i actually can buy/play right now, so i guess it's all moot anyway

Valve needs to announce Half Life Virtual R3ality just to make this week the batshitiest.

I'm SUPER interested to see the Nintendo mobile games, just because I really have no idea what they'll look like. Endless runner mario?

mainly, I still trust nintendo to be nintendo, i.e. release amazing-ass games with broken-ass surroundings and shitty infrastructure. Just this time on mobile platforms

I don't know if i trust mobile consumers to be consumers in the ways nintendo are used to. Well i definitely don't. I don't know what that picture looks like anymore really

i'm also generally beginning to care less about what-could-be with games and more about carving out free time from life to play the games i actually can buy/play right now, so i guess it's all moot anyway

but they're not making the infrastructure this time!!!

Games like FRAMED, Monument Valley, Ridiculous Fishing. Threes, Hitman GO, and FTL shows that developers with talent can make good mobile games. The Kingdom Rush series even shows developers can make a good game in a shitty genre if they try. Even Heartstone show F2P can be done right!

Those are all great titles, and Nintendo working in that market is good. I am not sure why some people think it is such a bad thing. I sometimes think the people that get so vocal about the the supposed "terrible industry" mobile gaming is have never even played games on the platform before

Sure, Nintendo could make bad steps. They already have, as I think Pokemon Shuffle is an example of the wrong way of taking F2P. However, something like Captain Toad could work well on mobile, and a game of that level of quality on my iPad would make me very happy!

Majine

Banned
Man, they were unlucky about the news on the Bombcast this week. Just before the Nintendo+Dena and the Kojima Konami megatons.

LiK

Man, they were unlucky about the news on the Bombcast this week. Just before the Nintendo+Dena and the Kojima Konami megatons.

8-4 Play recorded before the Kojima news too. They've been pretty unlucky this year with megatons as well. it's pretty funny.

BearPawB

Banned
I don't even need nintendo to make "amazing mobile games".
Imagine pokemon with some really great, really official companion app.

Imagine a pokemon vmu of sorts, to train up your pokemon a bit on the go?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Unlucky or just have time to gather their thoughts? I dislike knee jerk reactions and wouldn't mind a well thought out opinion on these bigger matters.

Jintor

I sometimes think the people that get so vocal about the the supposed "terrible industry" mobile gaming is have never even played games on the platform before

It's more that the type of games I play on my phone are generally not the genres that I know and expect from nintendo and/or have a horrific monetisation model built in that is gradually seeping away at my soul (well I haven't bought any Love Gems yet for Love Live but... soon...)

on the other hand, if they make Osu Tatakae Ouendan for phones, all is forgiven

but they're not making the infrastructure this time!!!

They'll destroy it somehow!

I don't even need nintendo to make "amazing mobile games".
Imagine pokemon with some really great, really official companion app.

Imagine a pokemon vmu of sorts, to train up your pokemon a bit on the go?

that i could get behind pretty easily

This Kojima/Konami news today (and the Nintendo stuff from earlier this week) is one big reason why I miss Patrick at GB. His impromptu live discussions of breaking news with Alex was always very good and informative. I just wish they would still try to do that, as it's nice to get their opinions. Maybe they could have it be someone from GBWest talking with someone from GBEast.

This news today is one big reason why I miss Patrick at GB. His impromptu live discussions of breaking news with Alex was always very good and informative. I just wish they would still try to do that, as it's nice to get their opinions. Maybe they could have it be someone from GBWest talking with someone from GBEast.

didn't that only happen once?

Fjordson

I didn't even realize Patrick ever did that :lol

Game news is honestly the last thing I'm worried about because of GAF. I see everything here as soon as it happens. Don't mind waiting 'till the next Bombcast for their take.

Kojima stuff is pretty major though, especially for Dan. Maybe they'll talk about it on UPF.

UPF is really going to be interesting tomorrow, I'm sure their going to pick low maintenance games so they can talk about all the shit that's gone down this week.

LiK

Read through some of Dan's Anxiety book. Really interesting stories about his issues with anxiety. I think I learned more about him as a person outside of GB and his twitter persona. Pretty cool how open he is with his problems.

Fjordson

UPF is really going to be interesting tomorrow, I'm sure their going to pick low maintenance games so they can talk about all the shit that's gone down this week.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for.

Read through some of Dan's Anxiety book. Really interesting stories about his issues with anxiety. I think I learned more about him as a person outside of GB and his twitter persona. Pretty cool how open he is with his problems.
Same. It's a neat read. That and Danswers really shows how there's a lot more to Dan than egg yokes and wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom