• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fobwashed

2736377-ffblur.gif

In regards to this gif. The blur in game is really bad, but I literally photoshopped a shit ton more blur to help with the joke. I've noticed a LOT of people just seeing it as me seriously complaining about the blur and not getting that it's a joke. I ADDED TONS BLLLLUUURRR YO!

Just sayin -_-;;

jaina

eh, that's an ancient game compared to FFT-0

for those who have played it, on a scale of 1-Aeris Dies with Aeris Dies being the highest: how spoilery is that QL really?

It's at "oh funny I was in an orphanage too" level.
= who cares? does not change the game at all

It's at "oh funny I was in an orphanage too" level.
= who cares? does not change the game at all

That wasn't even a spoiler, it was poor ass writing that came from a game that was mostly nonsensical.

so i guess that makes this a final fantasy ass final fantasy game

Counterpoint: The whole fal'Cie/l'Cie stuff is a really cool and interesting concept but Squareenix can't actually tell good stories so its all for naught.

I really like the l'cie designs in Type-0 because they remind me so much of the keyblade armor in Kingdom Hearts: BBS. Its so Nomura, but I still really like it.

Zaph

A bear's getting smacked in the nuts with a shotty and you guys are focused on the grammar.

Look what Community has done to you

Myggen

A bear's getting smacked in the nuts with a shotty and you guys are focused on the grammar.

Look what Community has done to you

Jimmy has posted that gif before, so he's just reusing old material. All we have left is grammar.

Speaking of Jimmy, ready for that new OT soon?

Manbig

Whether you think that story is relevant or not is a completely moot point in regards to spoiling the game for other people who might actually care. People should at least show a little bit of consideration there. Especially when they damn well know that there are a lot of people that watch quick looks to help with their purchasing decision.

2736377-ffblur.gif

In regards to this gif. The blur in game is really bad, but I literally photoshopped a shit ton more blur to help with the joke. I've noticed a LOT of people just seeing it as me seriously complaining about the blur and not getting that it's a joke. I ADDED TONS BLLLLUUURRR YO!

Just sayin -_-;;

So in chapter 3 there is a level without motion blur (probably because of the heavy fog effect) and it is so much more manageable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB12_N4U6dA

2736377-ffblur.gif

Just sayin -_-;;

Its probably because most people haven't played it yet, but heard from others about the motion blur so they just assumed it was that bad.

The gif got a really good laugh out of me though. Great job on it.

The Vinny/Alex QL combo is getting really great. The games they pick are interesting, they prepare really well for them, and they have a lot of fun with it. Not bad for working out of CBSi's broom closet.

I'm liking how Jeff's ended up writing a bit more for the site lately: http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/hey-wanna-head-up-development-on-the-next-metal-ge/1100-5184/
The Vinny/Alex QL combo is getting really great. The games they pick are interesting, they prepare really well for them, and they have a lot of fun with it. Not bad for working out of CBSi's broom closet.

I was just thinking the same as I was watching the Tormentum QL. They were a bit hit and miss first but they've got pretty damn consistent lately. I hope the new hire fits well with them.

Myggen

Hotline Miami 2 review

I decided to do a little checking of my own, in the form of standing up, walking over to where the GameSpot people sit, and asking "hey, how solid is the source on this?" I got nods and confirmations back, which is enough for me in this specific case.

Jeff is the new Scoops.

"Metal Gear is some anime bullshit" - actual quote by Dan Ryckert

Oh.

I'm still on like episode 4 where
they encountered grey fox
and he said "yeah I don't see how this is like anime" (or something like that).

Then again he did say when he was a kid that Metal Gear is the greatest piece of literature in any medium which is pretty hilarious
how true it is.

def sim

They certainly balance being entertaining and informative well. Increasingly, I hope they get the games I'm most interested in.

tchocky

Oh.

I'm still on like episode 4 where
they encountered grey fox
and he said "yeah I don't see how this is like anime" (or something like that).

Then again he did say when he was a kid that Metal Gear is the greatest piece of literature in any medium which is pretty hilarious
how true it is.

At that point Dan had never watched any anime but he has now seen Akira and realised how anime MGS is.

Teddified

Nah, Dan knew how Anime Metal Gear was back at Game Informer. I don't remember which video or series (Could have been a test chamber or replay) but I remember him basically saying that it was anime in one of the videos.

Myggen

Nah, Dan knew how Anime Metal Gear was back at Game Informer. I don't remember which video or series (Could have been a test chamber or replay) but I remember him basically saying that it was anime in one of the videos.

Yep, and he's said so on the Bombcast. Dan can't hide from the truth!

That is one of them, yes. Though I suspect this to be a game that both coasts will cover extensively.

Brad and Vinny are looking to make some videos similar to the ones they did for DS2, according to Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom