• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm watching the Mythbuster video game special....

I guess this explains a lot about the quality of video game facts on the Tested Podcast...

For reference, in the first shot of the show Adam plays Doom on an arcade using a lightgun.

It's straight up Breaking Up level of bad.

Banjo Kazooie is one of my favorite games but I would rather see a Nuts & Bolts sequel than a BK3. There's sooooo much more to explore with that gameplay. If they just tightened up the level design a bit and meshed the platformy elements a little better it would be a legendary game.

popo

I finally managed to get through that latest mario party video. Could only manage an hour a day in the background while I did paperwork.

I think we are done, I really don't need to see another one of those again. The joke finally died.

Anyway. Question is - that gif of someone ripping down the Mario Party poster. Where did that come from. Wasn't on the video.

Thx

also

2722293-mario.gif

Zaph

I liked the podcast. I'm in the same age range so a lot of that shit resonated, especially friends and marriage. It went out on kind of a touching note too, Dan has a great relationship with his dad, I'm a little bit jelly.

Yea that was some scorched earth shit tbh but as said he was young.

He told that story in a The Point video too.

Haven't watched the point in a while.

"There's a space right here"

I love Dan.

LOL

Also i can see why the virginity stuff can turn people off but who cares if they are fine with saying it? Especially with these 2 who now seem to be fine letting that stuff out.

If say future guests aren't too forthcoming in regards to stuff like that it think it would be nice that they could lay that out (so whoever pesters them after the fact comes off as a crazy person). Also might as well just bar that question (or its answers) onwards.

Would also like to hear Jeff on this but i doubt he will go in that "real" with certain things tbh

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I liked the podcast. I'm in the same age range so a lot of that shit resonated, especially friends and marriage. It went out on kind of a touching note too, Dan has a great relationship with his dad, I'm a little bit jelly.

That was definitely a touching moment, very sweet.

I didn't particularly have a problem with them discussing virginity - they weren't gross about it - I'm just not sure it is something I ever really wanted to know. But it has already been said now, so I'll keep listening.

wtf are scallions

I can't tell if Jeff is really this great at CODAW or that the xb1 players are just terrible. I've never seen so many people with their backs exposed and knifing coming so easily. Makes the ps4 online matches seem like a meat grinder in comparison.

fleck0

Besiege seemed to pique Brad's interest, I hope if he plays more of it he streams/records some of his creations. Even if they never added more content (I know they already have since release last week) that game would be well worth $7.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Did not know danswers would be a life advice show. Digging it though.

Also Dan's policy on honesty does explain his personality quite a bit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Me being a very guarded person actually does make me a bit jealous about how open he's willing to be honestly.

Though I think there's a difference between being guarded and being dishonest.

colinp

Banned
I'm watching the Mythbuster video game special....

I guess this explains a lot about the quality of video game facts on the Tested Podcast...

For reference, in the first shot of the show Adam plays Doom on an arcade using a lightgun.

It's straight up Breaking Up level of bad.

Ahahaha

Luke_Wal

Yo Danswers is some beautiful nonsense. Like a My Brother, My Brother, and Me less concerned with straight up goofs. I mean, I love MBMBaM, but it's good to hear just such an honest advice show. Can't wait for future episodes.

I started talking about it openly because I heard a segment on npr about the stigma of mental health and I found out like 3 people in my social circle were on the same meds as me! It had helped them a bunch as well.

Also helped my crippling depression but that's a whole other thing.

apparently I have a bunch of friends-of-friends who think I'm a guy who says funny things on social media on purpose, but in reality it's because I stopped trying to suppress my anxiety and bipolar disorder, and just let my psyche vomit onto the keyboard

at a certain point I realized that I can make jokes about self-harm when I frame them as wanting to be caught in a star trek transporter malfunction or eating a bowl of my own teeth

this is terrible advice, don't do any of this

You should have created decouplers with bombs so that you can setup a bombing run.
i had considered baskets that opened with bombs in them but there were space concerns

also the cannons were originally just so i could lift off :p
I seriously considered buying it today before realizing I think it's more fun to just watch the mad scientists and steve winwoods of the world do their thing.

what do we have to do to get Vinny to play this thing?

i would give my first born

vinny plz

Megasoum

Banned
Guys,

I'm watching some random quicklooks and bombasticas and I realized I'm really missing the random videos/stream from Jeff's house.

I understand why he's not doing them anymore but I still miss them.

Pomo

I'm watching the P4ER for like, the third time.

(From episode 25)

Vinny: "Big Johnson always says, uh, liquor in the front, poker in the rear!"

Ryan (in the background): "HAHAH"

Jeff: "I don't... I don't really see how that applies here."

Ryan (howling): "YEAH, YOU WOULDN'T"

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I finally managed to get through that latest mario party video. Could only manage an hour a day in the background while I did paperwork.

I think we are done, I really don't need to see another one of those again. The joke finally died.

Anyway. Question is - that gif of someone ripping down the Mario Party poster. Where did that come from. Wasn't on the video.

Thx

also

2722293-mario.gif
Waluigi would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom