• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirlia

Banned
Finn from Adventure Time is sounding more and more like Drew Scanlon as his voice actor keeps getting older.

...and there's another art idea for me. (adds it to the pile)

EDIT: It'd be very interesting if other Giant Bomb members occasionally made appearances on Danswers and talked about their own life experiences (as well as giving out their own sage advice).

Danswers was really something great. It was cool to see the Dans get so open & honest - and they gave some legitimately sound life advice. Hope they do this on at least a semi-regular schedule (once every 2 weeks?), especially if they can bring in the other Duders (or Danders, as it were).

Mully

Danswers has been pretty great so far.

Just got up to the new city, how to make friends question. In my experience just going out to places your interested in is the best thing. I travel alone a lot and meeting new people through shared interests is the best way possible.

Went to the Museum of Flight in Seattle the first day I was there, met a bunch of guys really into UAVs as well, went out drinking with them later that night. Did similar things throughout the trip.

Went to Ireland with friends, but had a few days alone. Walked around Galway, Dublin, and Dingle by myself and made a few friends along the way through similar means.

Anyways, Danswers is really good.

repeater

I don't get why people are shitting on the dialogue. It's exactly the corny shit some teenagers would say in their dumb dormitory having school environment.
Well, I'm not an authority on how teenagers today (damn pesky kids etc) actually speak, but something about the combination of the writing and the delivery of the voice acting in (what was shown of episode 1 of) "Life's Strange" just made it seem.. extremely inauthentic. To my ears it just came off as a bunch of 30+ year old developer dudes/dudettes trying to write "the way kids talk MAN!!" with the result being super cheesy and stiff.
Sadface.
Game still seems pretty interesting and fun, I might pick it up once the whole season is out if the reviews continue to be decent or better.

kulapik

What did you do Jeff

B86kFLjCQAEKoes.png

seriously he looks a lot like him

Kirlia

Banned
The resemblance is a bit uncanny. That lady's wearing an Umbreon onesie, though (either that, or it looks a LOT like one).

AngryMoth

Huh, was not expecting danswers to have good, actually pertinent to me advise re: being honest with people about anxiety and depression.

Not really what I was expecting but it was a great listen, hope they do it pretty reuglarly

Jintor

Have you tried embedding your login credentials into the podcast url like this?

Code:
http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/

I think I did but it's a pain typing out a URL like that on mah phone.

I'll do it though! Again! Later!

Luke_Wal

You know you wath too much Giant Bomb content when:
You don't just have a dream about a game that doesn't exist, you have a dream about a Brad/Dan Quick Look of that game.

But for real, an open world Mordor style game in New York City with Wizard Houses and ancient monsters seems really sweet. Good idea, subconscious. I'd play the crap out of that.

Dany

Banned
danswers is decent so far.

Dan needs to know that not everyone is like him nor thinks like him with regards to wedding, dating, bars and etc. They're anecdotal evidence is great and fun to listen to but hearing them repeatedly saying "most guys, most girls" It becomes annoying.

Dan needs to know that not everyone is like him nor thinks like him with regards to wedding, dating, bars and etc. They're anecdotal evidence is great and fun to listen to but hearing them repeatedly saying "most guys, most girls" It becomes annoying.

Pfft everyone likes normal guy stuff like wrestling, eats normal guy processed food, wears normal guy jeans and plays normal guy games like Mario Party.

Haven't listened the podcast yet.

Don't you mean, danecdotal?

I finally managed to get through that latest mario party video. Could only manage an hour a day in the background while I did paperwork.

I think we are done, I really don't need to see another one of those again. The joke finally died.

Anyway. Question is - that gif of someone ripping down the Mario Party poster. Where did that come from. Wasn't on the video.

Thx

also

2722293-mario.gif

I think Drew pulled it down, but yeah, I have no idea where the gif came from.

Myggen

I think that's implied. It's people talking about their own experiences with stuff, and it's only natural to generalize in that context. People listening will understand that their experience isn't what literally everyone else have had, even if they say "most guys, most girls" as a more general statement from time to time.

Anyways, Quick Look: Grim Fandango Remastered

Code:

Remember to change "http://" to "https://" for extra security.

SPCTRE

You know you wath too much Giant Bomb content when:
You don't just have a dream about a game that doesn't exist, you have a dream about a Brad/Dan Quick Look of that game.

But for real, an open world Mordor style game in New York City with Wizard Houses and ancient monsters seems really sweet. Good idea, subconscious. I'd play the crap out of that.
I would like to sign up to your subconsciousness's newsletter.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know what the first Bombcast was where Brad started talking about going down the DOTA 2 hole?
Someone should compare his Starcraft hole, which peaked with being sent to South Korea to watch that tournament, before he came out the other side into the Dota2 hole.

I can't tell if Jeff is really this great at CODAW or that the xb1 players are just terrible. I've never seen so many people with their backs exposed and knifing coming so easily. Makes the ps4 online matches seem like a meat grinder in comparison.

I thought that was when he was playing against low level dumb bots.

blizzard killed all the starcraft holes through poor decisions and neglect

I've been going back through my collection of Game Center CX videos lately and I just watched the one where they went to Korea and met with Starcraft (1!) players. Back before twitch and everything and it was a total rock star status thing. simpler times.

the really funny thing was the player that was like "sure, other games come out, but would you ask a chess play to play checkers instead?"

welp...

also, "kachou" came up in my vocab lessons yesterday and I felt pretty good about that. although, why anybody thinks that first-year japanese students need to know what a "section chief" is is beyond me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Code:
This does not work on several podcast apps I tried it with. What are you guys using? (I'm on Android)

fuzzyset

when does the Bombcast usually go up?

Wednesday.

Usually it's Tuesday evening Pacific Time. They record Monday end of day, then Brad does his thing and posts it 12-24hours later.

This does not work on several podcast apps I tried it with. What are you guys using? (I'm on Android)

I use BeyondPod. Just get the Premium RSS feed and add your Username and Password when adding the feed. It may be hidden under advanced options when adding the feed. Works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom