• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
nuts and bolts is great

im gonna open up a wall of shame in the op here pretty soon

speaking of which i edited the op like 4 days ago and no one noticed proving my point that no one reads the op more than once :p

Kirlia

Banned
nuts and bolts is great

speaking of which i edited the op like 4 days ago and no one noticed proving my point that no one reads the op more than once :p

I actually noticed. And was a little disappointed that it wasn't edited more. Where are the sweet staff bios, and pictures of them drawn in MS Paint?!

nuts and bolts is great

Nuts and bolts is a fantastic game and definitely in my top five for last gen.
I didn't play the n64 games so i did not even have any nostalgia.

Volotaire

When Drew was talking about liking a good Christmas map reflecting the chaos I instantly thought of Die Hard, as Jeff mentioned a few seconds later. I love that film.

i noticed it

i like the newsticker

I actually noticed. And was a little disappointed that it wasn't edited more. Where are the sweet staff bios, and pictures of them drawn in MS Paint?!

I can keep going if people want and just have it cycle through, with it only going back two weeks to keep it recent or something. I've just been soooooooo busy this last month lemme get around to it tonight or tomorrow.

Kirlia

Banned
When Drew was talking about liking a good Christmas map reflecting the chaos I instantly thought of Die Hard, as Jeff mentioned a few seconds later. I love that film.

Your use of the words "Christmas map" and "chaos" reminded me of Blue Stinger.

Dany

Banned
switched back from RPJ.

Mario 3 was kinda boring, dunno. Iwish jeff and brad had more energy. The friday show was great.

I absolutely love these mental gymnastics that people do in regards to Nuts & Bolts (and Viva Piñata) that allow them to keep thinking that Rare has never done a good game under Microsoft.

Squishy3

Finally finishing up last week's podcast. I must have looked crazy cracking up on the street after the part about Dan having a film studies degree and never having seen Casablanca or Citizen Kane. Then when Tim shows up and joins in the lobster conversation. So good.

santeesioux

I had a lot of demo discs as a kid, i have played everyone but the Dreamcast one they've played so far. That Mr. Mosquito one sure was something.

daydream

Banned
they should do another Unfinished for SNOW, the first one was great and the game seems to have come a long way since then

Beast pls

I wish Dan would stop producing so much content. No one is going to believe that he's leaving the site if he keeps pumping this shit out, like every time Bread threatens to bolt.

Squishy3

I wish Dan would stop producing so much content. No one is going to believe that he's leaving the site if he keeps pumping this shit out, like every time Bread threatens to bolt.
When Dan dies they should salvage the brain and cryo-freeze it until we have the technology to turn it into a computer and it can run Giantbomb and you can ask it questions and it'll give answers immediately.
Premium only feature, of course.

they should do another Unfinished for SNOW, the first one was great and the game seems to have come a long way since then

Beast pls

Man, I really want to try this game out, but having to pay to essentially test an unfinished version of a free-to-play game is really shitty to me.

daydream

Banned
Does it have audio now? It looks to have a lot of potential, it's meant to be released as a free to play title right?

I think it has audio now, yes. Didn't know that it's planned to be F2P.

Man, I really want to try this game out, but having to pay to essentially test an unfinished version of a free-to-play game is really shitty to me.

Understandable. Vindawg has already paid for the game, though. Might as well fire it up before things get busy again.

Myggen

"That's the beauty of Giant Bomb, we can think of dumb shit and just do it" - Dan Ryckert

edit: Goddamnit, I meant to edit my previous post, not post something new. Ah well.

Haunted

Besiege QL is amazing.

Tell me, who wouldn't want to watch Drew and Brad (and Vinny) build machines for all the different levels. Besiege Endurance Run pls

fuzzyset

A friend of mine is finally getting into GB (special thanks to MGScanlon). He just asked if he should listen to old bombcasts. I said "yes" whole heartedly. What are some gems of the bombcasts of old? I'm looking for some classic Jeff/Ryan stories.

edit: After explaining how Drew's seemingly non-gaming lifestyle landed him at GB (Vinny's production pal), my friend asked "Who is Vinny". GAF I need help.

Myggen

Holy shit at Dan having a panic attack during the first PAX panel he did with GB. As someone who has struggled with that since I was about 15, I can't imagine how that must've been.

TraBuch

Banned
A friend of mine is finally getting into GB (special thanks to MGScanlon). He just asked if he should listen to old bombcasts. I said "yes" whole heartedly. What are some gems of the bombcasts of old? I'm looking for some classic Jeff/Ryan stories.

edit: After explaining how Drew's seemingly non-gaming lifestyle landed him at GB (Vinny's production pal), my friend asked "Who is Vinny". GAF I need help.
Tell him to listen to the year-end compilations.

http://www.thisyearcollection.org/search/label/Giant Bombcast

valeo

Holy shit at Dan having a panic attack during the first PAX panel he did with GB. As someone who has struggled with that since I was about 15, I can't imagine how that must've been.

Me too. Some people don't understand that even if you're outwardly social/okay at interacting with people on the surface, you can still have deep anxiety that badly affects your life day in-day out.

Me too. Some people don't understand that even if you're outwardly social/okay at interacting with people on the surface, you can still have deep anxiety that badly affects your life day in-day out.

For a lot of people they intentionally learn and practice interactions specifically to try and mitigate it as well. You'd never guess with a lot of people.

Then there are goofballs talking about masks and the "real you" and nonsense and have no clue about the defense mechanisms they actually provide. Shit is really annoying.

There was a great string of Bombcasts in late 2008, particularly this one and this one. But the best way to consume that stuff is probably through the This Year podcasts and YouTube playlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom