• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirlia

Banned
Wasn't expecting a new one for a month at least. They have to be careful to space it out ab it, I reckon.

Anyway, great to see lots of new content going up.

I imagine it'll slow down a bit more (maybe one every two weeks?) when the Dans get a better feel for the podcast.

Also, what's the story behind Paul's nickname for Jason?

Myggen

Wasn't expecting a new one for a month at least. They have to be careful to space it out ab it, I reckon.

Anyway, great to see lots of new content going up.

Yeah, Danny said that they were experimenting with the schedule. Probably wanted to get another one out there fast to find out what works and what doesn't, and see what kind of scheduling makes sense going forward.

I imagine it'll slow down a bit more (maybe one every two weeks?) when the Dans get a better feel for the podcast.

Also, what's the story behind Paul's nickname for Jason?

Haven't watched the video, but I'm expecting it's "Island Boy?" Jason said on the podcast that it's because he and Lisa lived on an island when he worked for GI :p

valeo

In the latest Bombcast Jeff talks about listening to a Scottish audiobook. Cara Ellison is from Scotland so that must mean
Paul Ryckert
is the new hire. #FOLLOWTHEMONEY #DoctorTracksuitScrewedDoctorTracksuit

I hope Paul Ryckert pops up around the site on a semi regular basis.

Doubt he will considering he doesn't live in San Fran. Probably a once-a-year thing with him coming to visit Dan.

Myggen

Doesn't sound like we'll get a GDC panel this year because of the overlap with PAX, going by the Bombcast. What a clusterfuck that is, it seems insane to have those two events overlap given how important both events are for indie devs.

Kirlia

Banned
Haven't watched the video, but I'm expecting it's "Island Boy?" Jason said on the podcast that it's because he and Lisa lived on an island when he worked for GI :p

That's the one, and thanks for explaining it! Although...I don't get it.

Zaph

Another video just went live. Content cup spilleth over.

Doesn't sound like we'll get a GDC panel this year because of the overlap with PAX, going by the Bombcast. What a clusterfuck that is, it seems insane to have those two events overlap given how important both events are for indie devs.

At the rate PAX is going, soon they'll be overlapping with every day ending with a y

Kirlia

Banned
He lived on in island when he lived in Minnesota.

Watch the old GI videos, they're great.

Oh, durrrr! I was like, "He lived in Minnesota, so how could he live on an island?..." And then it occurred to me that tiny islands in lakes and such exist.

I've actually seen quite a few of the old GI videos, mainly the Replays. The Super Replays are amazing, especially Overblood and Tail of the Sun.

Liamc723

Paul Ryckert is absolutely amazing.

Hell, they should just hire him as the new news guy. They could justify it by having him give a middle aged perspective on the news, who has no interest in videogames.

Kimaka

Listening to Danswers and they are unexpectedly sweethearts about approaching women in bars. Not that I thought they were going to be assholes, but they are very understanding about the high amount of jerks women can encounter by just going out especially alone.

Myggen

Youtube finally took down the full Mario Party Party 3 video someone uploaded a few days ago. I've never seen someone just straight up upload a full premium video like that since that dev uploaded a full UPF.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Paul Ryckert is absolutely amazing.

Hell, they should just hire him as the new news guy. They could justify it by having him give a middle aged perspective on the news, who has no interest in videogames.

I thought "a middle aged perspective...no interest in videogames" was already covered by the Bombcast.

Tan

Youtube finally took down the full Mario Party Party 3 video someone uploaded a few days ago. I've never seen someone just straight up upload a full premium video like that since that dev uploaded a full UPF.

The only other case of this I saw is a dev uploaded a UPF their game was played on.

Myggen

The only other case of this I saw is a dev uploaded a UPF their game was played on.

And that was a dev who was probably so excited that his/her game was featured that he/she didn't really think about the copyright issue. A premium member just uploading the whole MPP3 video to YT like that? Come on now.

BanGy.nz

Banned

God dam it, GDC is infinitely more interesting then another fucking PAX.

erawsd

Holy content.....

Went to download the newest bombcast and theres a Paul Ryckert QL extravaganza, a Battlefield Unfinished, and the longest mailbag Ive ever seen.

This mailbag is NUTS.

Jeff you're going to get bitten by the slide if you shoo-

Well, there you go.

Holy shit that AR-15 airsoft gun is some serious business. I assume that sight is not an actual eotech. Is that even legal in California, let alone San Francisco?

kulapik

Jesus christ, that giant box.

Edit:
"How would hurt if you shot me in the back"
"Probably not"
"Let's test it"

Oh god, this is gonna end bad.

Edit 2: Yep.

Megasoum

Banned
"I haven't sent you an actual gun"

"Bummer"

Hahaha

Jeff's nonchalant handling of the gun is hilarious to me. The chewing gum makes it all the more perfect.

HOLY SHIT I'm dying here hahahahahahahahaha

Edit2: OMG The pan to Drew with the rifle

This is fucking incredible

strafer

2722693-gb.jpg

Tucah

you speak so well
This mailbag is amazing.

Just a seriously crazy amount of content today. Three QLs (two Unfinisheds and a QL, whatever), 45 minute mailbag, podcast, Dan/Paul video...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom