• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
2722693-gb.jpg

this is like, the left side of the the giantbomb "last supper" painting.

The Ryckert video and that mailbag back to back is probably the best day of content I've seen from GB. I was near tears when they started playing Jazz Punk.

Brashnir

Who would win in a fight, Brad Nicholson or Shaq?

having once stood near Shaq, I find it hard to believe that very many human beings would have any kind of a chance in a fight against him.

Manute Bol might have had a chance back when he was alive, but then again, that dude once killed a lion with a stick

Fjordson

So much new content!

I'm watching the Paul Ryckert quick looks, he's the best. Jazzpunk has me in tears right now. "That's one of my favourite Greek myths. Peruse the Chronicles."

- Star Fox 2 would have easily been one of the best games on the system (and of the era) had it come out.

I mean, I've played it. It's alright. 64 is probably better? by 1995 that framerate just wasn't going to cut it anymore.

also is there a more suitable shirt than Lynyrd Skynyrd to wear when getting casually shot at by your coworkers?

Quentyn

So really no GDC streams this year? That sucks. After the E3 steams they are my favorite content every year.

Kinda wished they skipped PAX East instead. They already were at PAX South just a few weeks ago.

Mully

That's a really nice commando vest. Looks like a Condor vest and a really modified PTS M4. I've always wanted to give airsoft a shot, but the young kids and the manchildness of it all has always pushed me away at the last second.

That said, I play a BF2, "reality," mod regularly from my parent's home on the second floor so maybe I should shutup and buy a replica Tavor.

PS: that looks like a real EOTech. That's like a $2500 mail bag from that one airsoft box alone. The EOTech is worth as much as $1000.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So really no GDC streams this year? That sucks. After the E3 steams they are my favorite content every year.

Kinda wished they skipped PAX East instead. They already were at PAX South just a few weeks ago.
Is that confirmed? Damn, the GDC stuff has been some of my favourite content.

edit:

From the guy who sent in the big package:

Posted by HyperAquaBlast - February 03, 2015 at 9:53 PM
I sent in the Airsoft gear and it was only addressed to Drew because Rorie said when mailing Giant Bomb anything then put anyone's name on it. Drew sounded like the type of dude who would like most of it but it was for anyone who'd get a kick out of it all. The Transformer was meant to be a baby Metal Gear! The USB stick has a bunch of pics of my dog on it for Rorie to swoon over!

I can't use the airsoft stuff anymore and rather than give it to some kid at the field I used to play at, I hoped that Giant Bomb would use it on a short film or something like the roller coaster one. Glad they seemed to enjoy it!

The rifle is pretty top of the line but still cheap enough that I don't mind donating. All the Magpul stuff is the airsoft version so its cheaper and will melt on a real gun. The red dot is a Chinese copy of a EOTech and also super cheap because CHINA DONT CARE!

Use protection! I lost a whole tooth at 75' from some guys rifle during a game! You will lose an eye! I included three sets of goggles for them.

Also, the Star Trek thing is to give Dan an extra push on doing a Star Trek cast or vid doc. A Metal Gear Scanlon but with Star Trek if you will.

Hope the fans benefit from all this!

AngryMoth

Well that was the best mailbag video ever but some distance!

Re: GDC that is really disappointing if they don't end up doing streams, always some of my favourite stuff. I know attending pax is probably really satisfying them because of all the fan interaction but 3 a year does seem a bit much. I personally don't enjoy the panels a great deal because I think the pressure of them being in front of a live audience leads to unnatural conversations and a lot of the humour feeling forced, in contrast the regular podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom