• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should be working but this had to get made

zrO1Akt.gif

amazin g

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The entire Mailbag was insane.

But the biggest moment, was finding out about Starburst Juicy Fruit Gum.

I will search the globe for some.

It will be mine.

Lijik

Having never seen gameplay of starfox 2, it looks awesome! why did it never get released?

I think the reasoning was because the Nintendo 64 was releasing soon and Nintendo figured it would be better to devote time to an n64 Star Fox.

tchocky

Having never seen gameplay of starfox 2, it looks awesome! why did it never get released?

Nintendo were finished with the snes and moving on to the N64 so didn't want to spend money on making carts etc.

Dylan Cuthbert said:
Star Fox 2 was fully completed. I was the lead programmer and while Giles made Stunt Race FX, myself and the rest of the original Star Fox team (ie. Nintendo's artists and designers) expanded Star Fox into a full 3D shooting game. The reason for non-release was the then impending Nintendo 64 which of course was intended to be released a lot sooner than it actually was. Miyamoto-san decided he wanted to have a clean break between 3D games on the SNES and 3D games on the new superior 64-bit system. In retrospect, he could have released Star Fox 2 and there would have been over a year and a half before the N64 came out. But hindsight is always 20/20

The N64 was planned to be released at the end of 1995, only about half a year after Star Fox 2's planned release date.

Even though the game was finished, Nintendo apparently wanted to make a clean break between SNES's primitive 3D and N64 true 3D (and FX chips were expensive), and decided to shelve it and start work on an N64 Star Fox game instead. Of course, the N64 ran into problems and didn't release until 1996, a full year after planned, so it ended up being pointless.

I guess they were afraid of parents back in the mid-90s refusing to buy N64s for their kids because "your old Nintendo already does 3D, why do you need a new one for that" or something.

Coonce

Thanks for the replies duders, I wonder if GB is going to do a quick look of it or play it on UPF.

Also Jeff is a madman with an industrial grade laser

I didn't make it all the way through the Pappa Dan quick look. I stopped when Paul was drunk and trying to sit in the chair in JazzPunk. Still, really funny to watch.

Keep watching, you're about to hit the best part.

Dan hasn't posted here in a while. At least Rudds is always watching.

The last mailbag. Judging by the frame, looks like he did it himself.

Yea he asked for a place that frames stuff in that same mailbag.

This was the logical conclusion.

Also DAT MAILBAG. :O

that airsoft rifle is insane (especially when its revealed that the laser pointer is apparently a real one) and drew's getup was also awesome (Dany M post if you're ok lol)

plus that Starfox 2 cart...

Kirlia

Banned
Keep watching, you're about to hit the best part.

Dan hasn't posted here in a while. At least Rudds is always watching.

Yeah, that entire segment is gold.

Also, Dan has been snatched away by Tumblr. It's been nice knowing you, buddy. ;_;7

I still wish Drew would stop by here and post.

Pickles and pears are both amazing. So is ranch, I don't get how Jeff doesn't like ranch. Ranch is the best.

Ranch is fantastic, but not every ranch. Hidden valley ranch is bad. Proper restaurant ranch with some fries or chicken tenders is ace. Cheese fries require ranch, melted cheddar cheese not nacho chese.

Patryn

Pickles and pears are both amazing. So is ranch, I don't get how Jeff doesn't like ranch. Ranch is the best.

I don't mind ranch, but I do think it should be obliterated from existence simply because way too many people abuse the shit out of it.

Seriously, those Hidden Valley commercials where they just slather it over vegetables make me retch. It's best used extremely sparingly.

Ranch is fantastic, but not every ranch. Hidden valley ranch is bad. Proper restaurant ranch with some fries or chicken tenders is ace. Cheese fries require ranch, melted cheddar cheese not nacho chese.

Hidden Valley Ranch is Ranch. They invented it back when they were an actual ranch.

Hidden Valley Ranch in a bottle? Gross. Hidden Valley Ranch in those powder packets that you mix in with sour cream? Somehow way WAY better.

Xater

They should totally do something with that Starfox 2 cart. An Encyclopedia Bombastica would be cool. I played that game for a bit but I just can#t deal with the SNES 3D frame rate...

Patryn

They should totally do something with that Starfox 2 cart. An Encyclopedia Bombastica would be cool. I played that game for a bit but I just can#t deal with the SNES 3D frame rate...

I'd like to see it, but based on Jeff's reaction I have a feeling that a small segment on UPF may be all we get.

He's not necessarily wrong that technically they're not supposed to possess that, and doing coverage may have some thorny legal issues.

Haunted

SickBrick looks meh
Has someone's first project written all over it.

I don't want to be a dick, but this should probably have been free on itch.io or indiedb. Good on these two kids for getting a Steam release and building connexions, though.

edit: it was on Greenlight. Both devs have their next projects already lined up. Good on them!

Tucah

you speak so well
Oh right, D&D in a couple hours. Can't wait to see more of that feature, wonder who they'll get to join in.

That is before I was born! Do you, like, mix it with water? I'm a big proponent of dipping pizza in ranch, and the prospect of better ranch is very appealing to me!

1 cup mayo/greek yogurt, 1 cup milk/buttermilk
There's also a spicy ranch packet if you're into that.
I am. Spicy ranch packet + 16 oz sour cream + bacon (fresh is better, but bits'll do) + a bunch of shredded cheese = Party time dip. I like some fuck-you-in-the-mouth hot sauce in there too.

currently listening to the E3 2010 Day Three podcast as it came up on my attempt to listen to all of the bombcasts again.

This episode has such a good and positive start to it, too. i'm almost holding my breath for the meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom