• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to pop in to say that a failed OKC date (horrifically so) led me to get back into the BombCast and, subsequently, become a preemus member. GiantBomb is now my second favorite website behind GAF.

I've thought of emailing the full story to the BombCast, but I figure this drunken GAF post will suffice because I doubt Brad wants to read a story from my dating life.

point being long live GB, may it outshine even the brightest star for millenia to come

I just want to pop in to say that a failed OKC date (horrifically so) led me to get back into the BombCast and, subsequently, become a preemus member. GiantBomb is now my second favorite website behind GAF.

I've thought of emailing the full story to the BombCast, but I figure this drunken GAF post will suffice because I doubt Brad wants to read a story from my dating life.

point being long live GB, may it outshine even the brightest star for millenia to come

Tell us the story; the weekend is coming and we need to intrude on somebody's personal life.

Luke_Wal

So, I started P4G tonight, and I'm about two and a half hours in..... Oh my goodness, them's some good video games. I might watch the ER later because I just don't have time to do them concurrently, but MAN is this game great. The best game I've played on my Vita by far.

daydream

Banned

send it danny's way, sounds like a story for danswers

askdanswers@gmail.com

Risible

Oh come on, now you HAVE to tell us the story.

Zaph

Don't just drop a tease like that and bail.

How did a okcupid date loop back to GB? Was she really into sonic and you ditched her mid sentence? Fair play if so, gotta draw a line somewhere

So, I started P4G tonight, and I'm about two and a half hours in..... Oh my goodness, them's some good video games. I might watch the ER later because I just don't have time to do them concurrently, but MAN is this game great. The best game I've played on my Vita by far.

If you already like it at the "you're tired from the long trip, you should go to bed" phase of the game then you're really going to adore it later on. Have fun!

Luke_Wal

If you already like it at the "you're tired from the long trip, you should go to bed" phase of the game then you're really going to adore it later on. Have fun!

But..... I'm scared. Is this game ACTUALLY 70 hours long? I'm at the point where they got scared that Yukiko was going to be killed in the TV World, but they called her and she's okay.

Zaph

But..... I'm scared. Is this game ACTUALLY 70 hours long? I'm at the point where they got scared that Yukiko was going to be killed in the TV World, but they called her and she's okay.
Don't be scared, we're with you if you need moral support. Go forth and save the Investigation Team

Luke_Wal

it's only 70 hours until you realize that you should probably play new game+ 2 or 3 times

.... Oh my goodness. I guess I'm definitely NOT playing The Order at launch then, huh? Luckily I have some long car trips between then and now, but still.... I can't remember the last time I played a game anywhere close to that long. Pokemon Diamond, maybe?

Luke_Wal

Don't be scared, we're with you if you need moral support. Go forth and save the Investigation Team

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS YET DEAR GOD SOMEONE SAVE ME I'M ALREADY IN TOO DEEP

I also just looked up prices for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax..... I don't even like fighting games. What is happening.

Teddified

Heh, I haven't even touched the first Persona 4 Arena and it's story mode since I bought it on sale a while ago.

Too much to play and do, but I do want to check out those story modes eventually.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The natural confectionery company gummies (the party mix gummies that they got on UPF) is one of the ATG gummies around btw.

One of the greatest australian product created. Fuck a tim tam.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Good to see dan and drew recognising that The Natural Confectionery Co.'s gummies are the perfect gummies. Not too stiff, not too soft, not too sweet, flavours are distinct and the way they melt in your mouth gives the perfect sense of juiciness.

Fuck I need to buy a pack.

also I hope they realize the importance of those cadbury bars in these trying times

edit: I accidentally clicked on the off-topic tab

jdAIAsX.png

...don't go into off-topic

daydream

Banned
Actually, this might be the perfect venue.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the inaugural episode though, and mine is more of a personal anecdote than a question. I guess I could bullshit some sort of inquiry to make it fit their format? Or do they take straight stories?

you can always do the classic "so, has [thing that occured to you] ever happened to you guys?" question

listen to the first episode and you'll get a good idea of what the podcast is

also, i guess it hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet but they confirmed that jeff is gonna be on for next week's episode

If I log in with facebook, what do I put in as account name and password when adding a premium feed?

edit- reset password with 'forgot password' and can now download rss feeds, even though I can't log into the site with it. says email not verified, and clicking to resend verification email leads to a 404 page with a deer in a luchador mask

jgminto

Did I see they were eating Natural Confectionery Company gummies today? Those are the shit, one of the few brands I still like.

Lelcar

We need a gif of Jeff eating those gummies around 41min in the archive

Holy shit, his reaction to that gummi is like a full story. It has a beginning, middle and end. Hilarious.

Also, Raven's Cry makes for a really good GBeast QL. EDIT - Go to 40:05 on the Raven's Cry QL to hear Alex flip out laughing at
"son of a pox whore"

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
"What's with the enemies using the same model"

have you played quake before

Which one, Quake 3? The one that shipped with like 15 player models in 1999? Why yes I've played quite a bit of it, thanks for asking.

Zebetite

Banned
.... Oh my goodness. I guess I'm definitely NOT playing The Order at launch then, huh? Luckily I have some long car trips between then and now, but still.... I can't remember the last time I played a game anywhere close to that long. Pokemon Diamond, maybe?

You had ground to stand on until you mentioned that Persona would eat into The Order's time.

You'll be better off playing Persona.

Xater

Which one, Quake 3? The one that shipped with like 15 player models in 1999? Why yes I've played quite a bit of it, thanks for asking.

But everyone who was somewhat serious about their Quake 3 gave everyone the biggest model in a bright color in the config. That made you life way easier in the game. That's why Quake Live has this feature by default.

re: the discussion on UPF about the usage of real arrows in Kurosawa films:

Shooting the Arrows in Throne of Blood

For Throne of Blood, in the scene where Washizu (Mifune) is attacked with arrows by his own men, the director had archers shoot real arrows, hollowed out and running along wires, toward Toshiro Mifune from a distance of about ten feet, with the actor carefully following chalk marks on the ground to avoid being hit. (Some of the arrows missed him by an inch; the actor, who admitted that he was not merely acting terrified in the film, suffered nightmares afterward).

Toshiro Mifune was so fucking cool

edit: also Patrick's stream earlier was Demon's Souls

re: the discussion on UPF about the usage of real arrows in Kurosawa films:

Shooting the Arrows in Throne of Blood

Toshiro Mifune was so fucking cool

edit: also Patrick's stream earlier was Demon's Souls

That's crazy. The scene is really cool too. I should watch some Japanese movies sometime.

I'm gonna just shamelessly plug my Random GB video site, I just added a feature that lets you filter videos by name (that is, you enter 'Unprofessional Fridays' and it redirects you to a random UPF).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom