• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff's talking about Demo Derby like he's a regular on it now, which is cool. And he'll be on next week's Danswers too, and they seem to be planning something for covering old games and that can only mean something with Jeff. More Jeff!
But everyone who was somewhat serious about their Quake 3 gave everyone the biggest model in a bright color in the config. That made you life way easier in the game. That's why Quake Live has this feature by default.

Yeah but that's dumb. I'll take a hundred character models over playing a game somewhat seriously any day.

daydream

Banned
Jeff's talking about Demo Derby like he's a regular on it now, which is cool. And he'll be on next week's Danswers too, and they seem to be planning something for covering old games and that can only mean something with Jeff. More Jeff!

Yup, it's actually really exciting since more regular retro game content has been at the very top of my wishlist for a long time. Can't wait to see what they've come up with to expand on that.

Jason's done a really good job for the most part since he started. But he really needs to stop overlaying the duders faces on the gameplay. Considering everyone is already on screen, it's just annoying & obscures the gameplay when it doesn't need to.

Myggen

From the comments:

2723964-8097724990-FTTtn.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
But everyone who was somewhat serious about their Quake 3 gave everyone the biggest model in a bright color in the config. That made you life way easier in the game. That's why Quake Live has this feature by default.
It was pretty much the default, I have never seen anyone play differently except those that really just played for a day.

That's probably why it's the default in QL, too.

Myggen

The first version has about 2 minutes of a black screen just after the hour mark so I guess they took that out.

Yep, Vinny said in the comments on GB that they'd upload a new version. You don't really notice a new version being uploaded on GB, but they probably just forgot to take down the older version on YT.

Tucah

you speak so well

Jeff on Demo Derby is the best thing, hope it prompts more frequent episodes.

Myggen

I actually missed the Grim Fandango QL, because it's not on youtube...

If you don't want to miss QLs but still want to watch them on YT, the best way is probably to go through the site and use the YT player there (assuming you're a premium member), and if it's not up you can just check it out on the site unless the player on the site is completely fucked for you. GBEast seems to have some serious problems with the YT upload.

PBalfredo

Would the color blind crew of GB even be able to play Persona 5 if they wanted to? I know there are different types of color blindness, but for someone like my dad who is color blind, red on black is the absolute worst color combination, and that's P5's theme colors.

shwimpy

I'm colorblind and I've never had a problem with red on black... didn't even know this was a thing. Blue/Purple and Yellow/Green always gets me though. Especially in games like Puzzle Fighter and most recently, Puyo Puyo Tetris.

And where's the 6am QL that was promised? :(

AcridMeat

Banned
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Catching up on the bombcast, it's rare I get actually agitated by an opinion they have on something anymore, but Jeff's outlook on H1Z1 after the SOE news is ridiculous. "But Day Z exists, and is developed." hahahaha ohhhh fuck man...
I can be if you want me to.
I'm daydreaming about those gummis. Let's talk.

Xeteh

Yeah, it is pretty cool. I feel like Jeff hasn't been in much of the new premium stuff for a while so its pretty awesome he's joining in.

Dany

Banned
Would the color blind crew of GB even be able to play Persona 5 if they wanted to? I know there are different types of color blindness, but for someone like my dad who is color blind, red on black is the absolute worst color combination, and that's P5's theme colors.

What is your dads condition?

Unless there are dark greens and purples, I'll be pretty okay. If they stick to base colors and don't shade too much it shouldn't be a problem at all, for me at least.

Colorblindness is weird. Even talking it out with other colorblind people is strange. One embarrassing moment of mine was saying that I loved the metallic purple color of a car and my wife snickering and telling me it was actually green.

Unless there are dark greens and purples, I'll be pretty okay. If they stick to base colors and don't shade too much it shouldn't be a problem at all, for me at least.

Colorblindness is weird. Even talking it out with other colorblind people is strange. One embarrassing moment of mine was saying that I loved the metallic purple color of a car and my wife snickering and telling me it was actually green.

the way I usually describe it is saying I can still see all the colors, they just look different to me than they do to you.

My problem is with gradients or colors close to each other. I don't confuse red and green but orange and yellow are a problem, dark greens, browns, and greys blend into each other, etc.

The colorblind mode in Advanced Warfare is such a joke. it just tints the whole screen kind of purpleish. Meanwhile my reticles are basically invisible and I might as well be playing blindfolded on any stage that's primarily green

either MW2 or BLOPS got it right, I can't remember which. I just made all my reticles big pink hearts. problem solved

Chuck

Still without luck
I'm all for Jeff being in more premium stuff, he's clearly not been in as much as everyone else...

I just wish it was his own premium stuff instead of sliding into others'.

There's a tinge of cyan on the selected line at least.

I'm not colour blind, but I'm sure those affected home-in on minor things like that to get by!

Myggen

I'm all for Jeff being in more premium stuff, he's clearly not been in as much as everyone else...

I just wish it was his own premium stuff instead of sliding into others'.

There's a reason why he's never been in much premium stuff, and it's probably because he has a lot of other stuff going on as EIC. So being on other people's premium stuff probably takes a lot less work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom