• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puyopuyo Giant Bomb

2724111-1.png

2724112-2.png

2724113-3.png

2724114-4.png

2724115-5.png

2724116-6.png

2724117-7.png

• Dr. Tracksuit - His name is actually written as "Tracksuit-hakase", the honorific given in a more professor/scholar-like role. Essentially "Tracksuit, PhD." Though it's inaccurate, (the correct translation being "Tracksuit-sensei") we both thought it was way funnier to imply he actually has some form of professionalism to his... craft.
  • Peegbot - Peegs.
  • Captain Fuzzy - Literally "Captain Fuwafuwa", the latter half of the name is made to emphasize the cute/fuzzy nature of alpaca Drew. Alpacas!
  • The Wolf - Awooo!
  • Small Business-san - Almost went with "Shoukigyou Man" as if he were some kind of superhero, but the idea of someone actually being referred to as "Small Business-san" is just too funny not to use.
  • Damerica - I had originally written this as Dan-merica but as Pepsiman cleverly pointed out, dropping the "ン" would give 'Damerika', the perfect word play. "Dame" is commonly used as a means of saying "stop" in a chastising, disapprovingly questioning way, i.e.: Something you'd probably say to Dan a lot.
  • A-Striker - There's no real cleverness to this, I just think the way you pronounce Jason's name is rad as fuck and it makes for the best character name if phonetically written.

Myggen

I think I have around 3 unused coupons saved up. If these designs are also garish, hopefully they have a mug or something.

Eh, I think both the old school Bomb design and the Flight Club design is good. The hoodie is pretty great too.

But yeah, hope Fobwashed has designet one of the t-shirts or something like that.

Amazing Puyo art.

I wish I had talent :(

[EDIT - Vinny as a salaryman is hilarious. I can't really picture him in a suit. I only remember the pics of wee Max from (I think) Dave's wedding.]

Aurahack is god tier. Bonus points for getting Pepsiman to help with the japanese names. Tracksuit Hakase and Small Business-san are killing me.

PBalfredo

What is your dads condition?

I don't know the name of it, but he has problems seeing red. Blue and purple are pretty much indistinguishable from each other. He can't make out the red in traffic lights; luckily he can tell the difference in green and yellow lights and know to stop if he doesn't see either. However I showed him the P5 trailer today and he said that the red is bright enough he can see what's going on by the level of contrast. If P5 used a darker shade or used a gradient, there would be a problem, but luckily they use a solid bright red color so no worries after all!

Jintor

I am actually most impressed by dan's nickname, Damerica, because of the inbuilt Japanese pun as pointed out in the second post

It appears Jeff is trying to install some weird Chinese version of Call of Duty.

edit - Also, for Puyopuyo Jeff, why is is it "Torakkosuutsu" instead of "Torakkosuuto?"

Jintor

It appears Jeff is trying to install some weird Chinese version of Call of Duty.

edit - Also, for Puyopuyo Jeff, why is is it "Torakkosuutsu" instead of "Torakkosuuto?"

Because he has a PhD in Tracksuits, not a PhD in Tracksuit (it's a lit. translation thing)

only because suit = スーツ

frankly the less time you try to rationalize why anything is spelled the way it is in katakana, the happier you'll be

edit: here's another fun one: セーター

se-taa = sweater

Jintor

only because suit = スーツ

frankly the less time you try to rationalize why anything is spelled the way it is in katakana, the happier you'll be

edit: here's another fun one: セーター

se-taa = sweater

Trying to remember where all the double consonants and shit goes in Katakana English gives me a headache

i don't know if you caught my edit but i had to go back and double check to see if the second syllable in sweater had two a's.

i mean just look at this fucking bullshit

like i don't know, is it cup, cup, cup, or cup?

Jintor

Maybe it's 茶碗

srsly I just sound stuff out in Katakana and put all my brainpower into learning Japanese vocab instead because keeping track of the like twenty different things "きる" can mean is a way bigger problem ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom