• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has used Roll20 for a hundred+ hours across 10+ systems, It's pretty great once you get used to it. I have never done it from the DM side, but as a player it's always been pretty rad.

D&D also isn't the only game in town. I highly recommend 13th age, which is sort've a simplified D&D, from some of the guys who previously worked on D&D. The Star Wars and Game of Thrones systems are pretty fun, also.

Zaph

o21O6oA.png

So where's the Starfox 2 QL with Dan and Drew?
Sounds like a good way to get their second C&D.

Xater

As someone who has used Roll20 for a hundred+ hours across 10+ systems, It's pretty great once you get used to it. I have never done it from the DM side, but as a player it's always been pretty rad.

D&D also isn't the only game in town. I highly recommend 13th age, which is sort've a simplified D&D, from some of the guys who previously worked on D&D. The Star Wars and Game of Thrones systems are pretty fun, also.

Well I am GMT+1 so finding players in my timezone is probably the easiest with Pathfinder, Shadowrun or D&D.

Shadowrun is really big here in Germany and the 5th edition is also incredibly cheap here. It's like less than half of the usual core rulebook prices.

I'd be into the Warhammer 40k RPG but the smaller you get I feel like the unlikelier you are to find a group.

Meowtor

Gold Member
That's my current plan, but I need the book first. I know the basic rules are out there for free but I want all the race and class options.

Let me know when you get it up and running, would love to play with some other duders/gaffers!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
there need to be some sort of indicator on all GB content that says "includes Vinny"

I'd watch so many more obscure video game QLs

Well I am GMT+1 so finding players in my timezone is probably the easiest with Pathfinder, Shadowrun or D&D.

Shadowrun is really big here in Germany and the 5th edition is also incredibly cheap here. It's like less than half of the usual core rulebook prices.

I'd be into the Warhammer 40k RPG but the smaller you get I feel like the unlikelier you are to find a group.

Ah, yeah, makes sense. We tried Shadowrun once. It's has a pretty high learning curve relative to the other stuff we played. We did a few sessions of Rogue Trader, but one of the players was super flaky and it sort've died out.

So does Lovecraftian language have to be ridiculously verbose? Darkest Dungeon seems pretty dumb.

I love his stories, but he wasn't a very good writer in a lot of ways. Which actually resulted in his prose having a weird, somewhat stilted rhythm to it, adding to the general weirdness of the subject matter.

Unfortunately for the people mimicking him, his writing worked on a technical level almost accidentally; trying to recreate it just ends up sounding lame.

It's like when you see someone on youtube making some technically impressive, highly skilled cover of a Nirvana song or something. I'm glad you can play like that, but you're missing the point.

Megasoum

Banned
I love his stories, but he wasn't a very good writer in a lot of ways. Which actually resulted in his prose having a weird, somewhat stilted rhythm to it, adding to the general weirdness of the subject matter.

Unfortunately for the people mimicking him, his writing worked on a technical level almost accidentally; trying to recreate it just ends up sounding lame.

It's like when you see someone on youtube making some technically impressive, highly skilled cover of a Nirvana song or something. I'm glad you can play like that, but you're missing the point.

Hah... Giving me flashbacks of arguments I (a huge Metallica fan) used to have with one of my friend (a drummer) lol...

"Quake. Its like a video game equivalent of a Gloryhole"

Jeff Gerstmann. Giantbomb.com

This quake TNT is gooooooood. I miss these kinds of live shows.

Xater

Ah, yeah, makes sense. We tried Shadowrun once. It's has a pretty high learning curve relative to the other stuff we played. We did a few sessions of Rogue Trader, but one of the players was super flaky and it sort've died out.

Although there is one Indie RPG I heard about that I would love to try and that is Goblin Quest. DOesn't need a GM and it's about playing a bunch of goblins that will die in horrible ways doing the most mundane things.

Cool you found a couple good ones in the dozens of shitty ones.

Hah... Giving me flashbacks of arguments I (a huge Metallica fan) used to have with one of my friend (a drummer) lol...

I mean, Lars is one of the worst drummers in the genre, but it worked perfectly for their 80's music. It, uh, didn't quite work out so well when they slowed down and the two tricks he knew didn't translate as well.

I'd also be up for some GB-GAF roleplaying. I'm GMT so should sync up pretty well.

Megasoum

Banned
I mean, Lars is one of the worst drummers in the genre, but it worked perfectly for their 80's music. It, uh, didn't quite work out so well when they slowed down and the two tricks he knew didn't translate as well.

Yeah both Lars and Kirk are not amazing (James is often a better guitarist imo) but they both work great for the band's music. They also both got much better live in the last couple of years compared to the late 90s early 00'.

My brother is huge Satriani and Mulmsteen fan and while I 100% agree that they are technically amazing their music puts me to sleep.

Anjin M

In Patricks latest Q&A he mentions that he doesn't get anymore anonymous asshole questions on tumblr since he has left GB. So that is one positive for him with the job switch. I wonder if a lot of those folks have moved onto Dan or maybe they are occupied with GG at this time.

Yuck. What does that say about the Giant Bomb community? This is part of the reason I hang out here in the GBGaf thread instead. At least the people that I don't agree with here aren't downright offensive.

TraBuch

Banned
The only time I enjoyed TNT was when they played games with each other. I found the multiplayer stuff with fans unbelievably boring.

Yuck. What does that say about the Giant Bomb community? This is part of the reason I hang out here in the GBGaf thread instead. At least the people that I don't agree with here aren't downright offensive.

You can be critical without being an asshole, even if there are a ton of people that don't understand the distinction (or don't care). GAF moderation in general does a good job of keeping that tone on the "good" side of the spectrum. More than most places.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
There were some great TNTs but a lot of the time they stuck to just playing the newest big multiplayer game whether it was interesting or not. Fun experiment to play with the community once a week though.

It was a terrible feature and it's not around anymore for good reason

There's a very clear reason why the show isn't done any more and it has nothing to do with quality.

SmithnCo

TNT had some great episodes, I remember it growing old when they would just play "new shooter of the week" though. UPF is better in every way.

Lelcar

I liked TNT because it's the duders talking over video games, quite literally just like every other feature, and I come for the personalities.

TNT really only got terrible when they started playing two games at the same time. A bunch of conversations going on at once is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom