• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would give up every current premium feature three times over if it meant we get back Random PC game.
I don't think there's anyone left in the main office who cares about PC games :/ Hopefully Vinny and Alex return to it one day.

Wish they'd keep the timeline more active, want an Evolve quick look!

Zaph

[IMG ]http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/ssteiner2.jpg[/IMG]
I admire your dedication to Dan avatars.

I don't think there's anyone left in the main office who cares about PC games :/ Hopefully Vinny and Alex return to it one day.
Whoever gets the GBeast job, I really hope they're into old PC games and the feature gets revived. There's so much more great PC-CDROM era stuff out there.

Randy42

So I've been working my way through the P4 Endurance run and I'm now 110 parts in and its like... guys. You've been playing (And I suppose I've been watching) this game for 65~ hours. How do you still not understand some of the basic things about it? I haven't played and just watched and somehow understand more than you do. It's almost turned me off from other GB long LPs after this cause its like its kind of... annoying? that they could not understand some of these core mechanics with not just one but two people on the couch. Obviously watching an LP I'm doing it for the commentary but its just weird to not understand some of the basic stuff after so much time spent on it. Luckily the game seems super easy as long as you at least understand you can guard so their incompetency doesnt hinder them from completing it but yeah. Yeah.

Lelcar

I would give up every current premium feature three times over if it meant we get back Random PC game.

Phantasmagoria is still one of the best things on the site. I'd say that's a must watch if anyone is interested in consuming classic Giant Bomb content. In fact, I might just rewatch it again today!

This Unplugged D&D is fascinating.

Really wish I had people to do this with, always wanted to give it a go.

I'm in the same boat. I've even bought the starter kit and Player Handbook for 5e, but have done nothing more than look at them. I've tried to convince friends to give a try but it never seems to go anywhere.

Myggen

I'm in the same boat. I've even bought the starter kit and Player Handbook for 5e, but have done nothing more than look at them. I've tried to convince friends to give a try but it never seems to go anywhere.

Yeah, I used to play a bunch of DnD in my youth (I was a very cool kid!), but my friends aren't nerdy enough to want to play DnD anymore. It's a shame because I love that kind of stuff.

fuzzyset

This Unplugged D&D is fascinating.

Really wish I had people to do this with, always wanted to give it a go.

Yeah, I used to play a bunch of DnD in my youth (I was a very cool kid!), but my friends aren't nerdy enough to want to play DnD anymore. It's a shame because I love that kind of stuff.

https://dnd.wizards.com/playevents/encounters type your zip in and see if there's a store near you. Organized play every Wednesday night. My session usually runs 7-930 which is perfect for a weeknight.

Jintor

So I've been working my way through the P4 Endurance run and I'm now 110 parts in and its like... guys. You've been playing (And I suppose I've been watching) this game for 65~ hours. How do you still not understand some of the basic things about it? I haven't played and just watched and somehow understand more than you do. It's almost turned me off from other GB long LPs after this cause its like its kind of... annoying? that they could not understand some of these core mechanics with not just one but two people on the couch. Obviously watching an LP I'm doing it for the commentary but its just weird to not understand some of the basic stuff after so much time spent on it. Luckily the game seems super easy as long as you at least understand you can guard so their incompetency doesnt hinder them from completing it but yeah. Yeah.

*casts bufu*

The bufu thing wasn't even a big deal, everyone has done that a few times when they aren't paying attention(killed me many times in SMT IV) There were definitely a few episodes in the last third where they somehow forgot how fusions worked that I remember being really, really frustrating. And when they got rid of the best healing spell in the game for some godforsaken reason. Still, very fun series and another feature I miss.

Jintor

i mean let's be real here fusions suck ass and the fact i have to look up a gamefaq chart to get anywhere with it if i'm not just blindly fusing for kicks still irritates me

at least you don't have to just keep rolling dice now, jesus

i mean let's be real here fusions suck ass and the fact i have to look up a gamefaq chart to get anywhere with it if i'm not just blindly fusing for kicks still irritates me

Persona Q is probably the closest they've ever come to making it intuitive, which is still "not very," but as someone used to fusion chart bullshit, it's kind of nice. Also you can both preview skills and hand-pick inherited skills.

Bacon

I can't believe there were people who were against that change in golden. It's so much better than how it was.

Rainmaker

Banned
The only amount of D&D I've ever had in my life came from Harmontown podcasts so watching the first D&D Unplugged was really fun to me. Can't wait until the next one.

Agreed. Fusion and demon negotiation are both systems than need a serious kick up the arse. At least Persona only concerns itself with one of them...

...but then again, demons are in Persona 5 now, so... oh god no

Myggen

I can't believe there were people who were against that change in golden. It's so much better than how it was.

Was anyone really against that change? I can't imagine what the reason would be. The fusion system in vanilla P4 is easily the worst part of the game.

Curufinwe

You only need a chart if you are going after specific personas. I never used a chart until I was going for 100% compendium in NG+.

Kimaka

Wish I could get my friends to play D&D or any roleplaying game. I used to go to this local store to play Pathfinder, but couldn't stick with it for long. It was too far and I would sometimes have to work on some session days.

SmithnCo

Fusing isn't that bad, especially in Golden where they removed the random aspect. You can basically get by fusing good level personas that cover the weaknesses your allies aren't already exploiting. It sure as hell beats grinding.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I don't get the chart complaint. Unless you're aiming for specific ones (which you really, really don't need to) just play around with the personas in your party.

PQ fusion is great. The sub-persona system in general is pretty awesome with the way it gives you a regenerating pool of SP to dip into. It probably wouldn't work in mainline Persona since it would make time constraints too trivial but it's great for an Etrian Odyssey game.

Although it's kinda weird that the arcana stuff is still in that game when as far as I can tell it makes no difference. Just a legacy thing I guess.

Curufinwe

Yeah I don't get the chart complaint. Unless you're aiming for specific ones (which you really, really don't need to) just play around with the personas in your party.

Exactly. You just have to fuse personas who have useful abilities and where you will get a nice experience boost from your S.Link. Even in vanilla P4 it's nowhere near as complex as they made it seem.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh to be fair random skills are a pain in the ass and I'm glad that they've moved on from that.

Persona Q is actually waaaay worse about it because class skills matter more and you really have to hope that the persona you're fusing for naoto has stagnant air. They do compensate by having sacrifice spreads which is pretty amazing, not to mention skill cards.

Myggen

March 1st iirc.

Never bet against Brad.

dMDdQOI.gif

tchocky

In Patricks latest Q&A he mentions that he doesn't get anymore anonymous asshole questions on tumblr since he has left GB. So that is one positive for him with the job switch. I wonder if a lot of those folks have moved onto Dan or maybe they are occupied with GG at this time.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Dan evokes any of the hate Patrick got. That move was probably good for his mental health, wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the reasons to leave.

I also really want to play Deus Ex 1 since I never played it. Just bought it on steam.

Anyone try that recently? Any must have mods?

edit... fuuuck just got to the Bill Cosby part of the Quake TNT. Spit my coke up my nose.

Megasoum

Banned
In Patricks latest Q&A he mentions that he doesn't get anymore anonymous asshole questions on tumblr since he has left GB. So that is one positive for him with the job switch. I wonder if a lot of those folks have moved onto Dan or maybe they are occupied with GG at this time.

Or they just don't know where to find him since all his stuff is burried under dozens of useless "Best Of" and "Top 10" articles on Kotaku.

Also, that 30 sec intro on his youtube videos...I can't... I just can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom