• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how gaming works. Everybody talked about how great TLOU was, but I find it a chore to play with a pretty crappy story so far, but stuff like Infinifactory and the Talos Principle look like stuff I'd LOVE to play.

It's funny how gaming works. Everybody talked about how great TLOU was, but I find it a chore to play with a pretty crappy story so far, but stuff like Infinifactory and the Talos Principle look like stuff I'd LOVE to play.

I think this is more like how personal taste works.

I think this is more like how personal taste works.

Yeah I suppose. It's just weird to me that something so loved by essentially every major publication just feels like total garbage to me, while some of these hidden gems are things I could spend hours and hours on without getting sick of them.

U-WOT-M8.jpg

Seriously, though, what's good about TLOU aside from the animations? I mean I like that they make you use real-world problem solving situations like taking a board you used to cross a rooftop, placing it against the side of a building, and then going up the ladder to pick it up and use it on the next rooftop to cross to another building, but the combat and stealth sections are just incredibly boring to me.

There's a new episode of Danswers today? Hell yes, what a great thing to discover after work.

Also I put my IPod on shuffle and Commando by the Ramones started playing. First I thought of the movie Commando, and then I thought of Dan for some reason.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I suppose. It's just weird to me that something so loved by essentially every major publication just feels like total garbage to me, while some of these hidden gems are things I could spend hours and hours on without getting sick of them.
Just look at the top games on Steam: Dota 2, CS:GO, TF2, Football Manager, Civ 5, Garry's Mod. And stuff like League of Legends, Hearthstone or WoW aren't even on there. On consoles you have your FIFA's, Battlefields and CoDs.
The crafted single player experience will always get the attention of the gaming media (and most of the awards) but they don't represent what's actually the most popular. What I'm saying is...you're not alone, I guess.

bonercop

what bothered me most about darkest dungeon was the motivation the old guy had for digging up chuthulhu

"i was bored"

wtf m8

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dan and Brad are going to get into a heated debate about music on the Bombcast one day and there will be bloodshed

RE_Player

Look how far we've come. Early access once being debated if it deserved to be a worst trend and now every other quick look being an "Unfinished". Not condemning the guys it's just interesting seeing where this industry is going.

I got myself some Manicotti, a quart of Ministrone, a whole damn loaf of bread and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

dafuqqqqqq

Rorie is like the background extra in a sitcom that has the occasional spoken lines and an inferred personality and background accumulated from dozens of episodes. The writers and producers are aware of his cult following but are hesitant in making him a permanent cast member in fear of making him the next Poochie.

So they introduce Dan instead.

Ive been watching Friends with the wife recently and you just basically said that Rorie is Gunther

I can accept that.

I want to know what peoples reactions will be if drew says

"You know what I have seen enough of Metal gear"

And does not play the third game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom