• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

No witch burnings if I'm wrong! But yeah. He said he really enjoyed it and looked forward to it, but with the expos they were temporarily spread thin. Said he looked forward to 3!

You'll be excommunicated from the thread if you're wrong. We don't take kindly to misinformation around here!

LiK

man, so many janky ass open world survival games. happy for these QLs cuz it'll keep me away from them.

Xater

Really don't have the money right now for the D&D rulebook. I think I'll read the basic rules first and give the whole thing a try with that.

man, so many janky ass open world survival games. happy for these QLs cuz it'll keep me away from them.

It's the new hot trend. Everyone was making mobas, now they're making open world survival games. I hope the next trend is N&B/Besiege style games, that's one genre i'll never get enough of.

Myggen

It's the new hot trend. Everyone was making mobas, now they're making open world survival games. I hope the next trend is N&B/Besiege style games, that's one genre i'll never get enough of.

You say that now...

But yeah, this is clearly a result of Day Z being such a huge hit, and we're probably still seeing games go into early access that began development around that time. I've played my fair share of Day Z, and that game can be very fun when played with others (it's absolutely miserable to play alone). While Day Z has never exactly been free of bugs, my big problem with the other survival games I've played is that they've been so incredibly buggy, bordeline unplayable at times. Rust is a good example of that.

It seems like the survival genre is still very popular on Steam, so expect that devs are still going to flood Steam with those kind of games for another couple of years at least.

edit: It's kinda strange that we haven't seen more Minecraft clones. Or is it just Minecraft being this popular monster of a game that overshadows all of its copycats, to the point that I've never even heard of them?

Man, GBEast has been kicking ass.

Last 3 pieces of content I watched were Darkest Dungeon, Raven's Cry, and Subnautica, and all seemed great in their own right. Alex was super informative in DD.

eh, the sonic parallels are overstated

also, it's quite good but of course you hate it!

at least i am with you on popful mail, great game

I don't hate it, it just has some issues. The levels are too long, character design is weak (as if they just picked the colors for each character from a random number generator) and it probably shouldn't have a story at all because holy shit, man

oh and for being about genesis throwback, it feels more like a saturn game graphically

Just watched the Besiege QL.

Amazed I had not seen more video about this game so I went and looked for some.
I don't think my poor lappy can handle it but I might buy it to find out anyways.

Slapping together insane devices of horror and burning everything to the ground looks like fun.

Volotaire

Great, more Danswers. With Jeff too! Although, I'm not sure if they should stay with a weekly schedule. A bi-weekly or monthly post sounds better for the content they talk about on the show.

Lijik

eh, the sonic parallels are overstated

nah, its the most sonic clone ass sonic clone to exist but thats the price you gotta pay for actually nailing the physics, using a similar art style, occasionally lift stage elements verbatim, and even copying the cornball bad cutscenes and voiceacting.

daydream

Banned
nah, its the most sonic clone ass sonic clone to exist but thats the price you gotta pay for actually nailing the physics, using a similar art style, occasionally lift stage elements verbatim, and even copying the cornball bad cutscenes and voiceacting.

some elements are more treasure-y than anything else, but anyway, whatever the case may be, a good game came out in the end so it really doesn't matter (talking about classic mode here)

this is not a trials > urban trial freestyle situation

It's funny how gaming works. Everybody talked about how great TLOU was, but I find it a chore to play with a pretty crappy story so far, but stuff like Infinifactory and the Talos Principle look like stuff I'd LOVE to play.

FWIW, I wasn't that impressed with The Last of Us's story until the back third or so. Before that it's just
Children of Men
with more zombie tropes. Then it becomes its own thing. But yeah, big cinematic experiences definitely get a disproportionate amount of hype.

daydream

Banned
how doesn't it matter that a game could be better in some pretty obvious ways

i'm saying it doesn't matter that it heavily took inspiration from something as long as the game is good enough to stand on its own legs and not feel superfluous

it goes without saying that it could have been better in meaningful ways but i don't like seeing people hold back when praising the good parts just because of the stigmata associated with this kind of project

all-randy-orton-rko-outta-nowher.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
flat white seems to be the trendy coffee to order, at least where I live, and from my limited observational survey of very few people

if you're ordering a coffee with the opposite of the word black in the name I think you're already making a mistake

jgminto

flat white seems to be the trendy coffee to order, at least where I live, and from my limited observational survey of very few people

if you're ordering a coffee with the opposite of the word black in the name I think you're already making a mistake

Trendy? It's just a regular coffee with milk.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I didn't realize there was a Call of Duty Online, I just assumed something went fucky during the last COD quicklook and they couldn't show off multiplayer. That screenshot was real confusing for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom