• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

For some reason wasn't under the impression that Danswers would be a weekly thing. Rad.

They haven't really committed to a schedule yet. Danny said that they would experiment, and that the schedule depended on the amount of questions they get and people's interest. Seems like they're planning on having guests for almost every show too, which sounds like a good idea.

Mr. F

Banned
They haven't really committed to a schedule yet. Danny said that they would experiment, and that the schedule depended on the amount of questions they get and people's interest. Seems like they're planning on having guests for almost every show too, which sounds like a good idea.

Ah, right. Sounds good, the rotating 3rd chair sounds great.

danm999

flat white seems to be the trendy coffee to order, at least where I live, and from my limited observational survey of very few people

if you're ordering a coffee with the opposite of the word black in the name I think you're already making a mistake

It's an Aussie/Kiwi thing that's caught on in the States recently for some reason.

Xyrmellon

I won't get to listen to Danswers til later, but I'm actually surprised to see Jeff as the first guest. I wonder how much he opens up or if he redirects with humor and snark.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Trendy? It's just a regular coffee with milk.

Trendy, yes.

As in, this basic thing got a foothold in people's brains for whatever reason (perhaps for being new/different to them), and those people buy/talk about the thing because the thing is popular, adding to its popularity in a relatively condensed period of time.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just what I've noticed.

Kirlia

Banned
If Brad is ever a guest on Danswers, how are they going to change his name? Brad Danmaker (which sounds weird as hell) is the only idea I can think of.

jgminto

Trendy, yes.

As in, this basic thing got a foothold in people's brains for whatever reason (perhaps for being new/different to them), and those people buy/talk about the thing because the thing is popular, adding to its popularity in a relatively condensed period of time.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just what I've noticed.

Huh, I guess it's different in America, the flat white is a staple anywhere that sells coffee here. It'd be like calling white bread a trend at a bakery

Myggen

2686582-ok.gif

Anjin M

Huh, I guess it's different in America, the flat white is a staple anywhere that sells coffee here. It'd be like calling white bread a trend at a bakery

I was just reading about this the other day. There have been articles posted for the last month about how the flat white is being introduced to America, except nobody here knows what it is. The article I read even bemoaned the fact that different coffee houses make the drink differently, so Americans might be confused about getting different drinks with different names.

So, yeah, America is just a silly as everyone believes.

How can people dislike mayonnaise? It's the most flavour neutral condiment ever.

Which is why I hate it. Why is it there? What purpose does it serve, other than gross texture & heaping on calories?

If you add garlic or something, and turn it into an aoli - then yeah, that's pretty good. But I just don't get the appeal of straight mayo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Which is why I hate it. Why is it there? What purpose does it serve, other than gross texture & heaping on calories?

If you add garlic or something, and turn it into an aoli - then yeah, that's pretty good. But I just don't get the appeal of straight mayo.

Texture and creaminess.

But yeah, I normally add an additional flavour when making mayo.

Bourdain tweeted this picture from Hawaii of potato and mac salad the other day and I had no idea or thought to combine those 2 things and now I can't get it out of my head it looks so fantastic.

yoDwi8Z.jpg

Lelcar

This is why I hate mayo as well. I mentally feel like like my arteries are clogging when I'm eating it and the texture is just not a pleasant experience. That said, I'm aware that McDonalds burgers and macaroni salad and a bunch of foods have mayo in it and that's ok. In social situations I can eat mayo just fine as long as it's not dripping over the sides of the meal or anything.

It's more mentally unsavory for me rather than it is the fact that I think it's tastes bad. I don't get any enjoyment from eating it.

Jothel

When I was young I would get a loaf of bread, cut it in half lengthways and slather that fucker in mayo. I need to do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom