• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect Will to be back again. Or maybe Peter Brown.

I've had some pretty bad roommates in the past. I'm not necessarily against it (I'm living with two other guys right now), but living alone is so much better when you don't have to deal with shit like managing chores, people buying TP, and being able to hear your roommate's gf late at night and needing to crank up the volume on whatever I'm playing/watching.

The worst tho is roommates that fight you on basic shit all of the time cause they are lazy sacks of shit. Had a roommate once who used Axe body wash to clean dishes because he didn't want to spend a dollar on dish soap after waiting near a month to clean them up anyway, even after talking to him about it several times. Ruined everything. That man...he is a walking trash fire. Yet even he somehow got married.

Sorry for going off topic there.

My last roommate basically moved his girlfriend in at the time without paying for her. Benefits for me of this included absolutely nothing other than covering half of "her" rent/food/etc.

I did walk on her peeing once though because she didn't lock the door and didn't think anyone else would be up as early as I was.

daveo42

Banned
My last roommate basically moved his girlfriend in at the time without paying for her. Benefits for me of this included absolutely nothing other than covering half of "her" rent/food/etc.

I did walk on her peeing once though because she didn't lock the door and didn't think anyone else would be up as early as I was.

We don't share food really, which is nice, but I think we are in the same situation with one roommate. His gf has been staying over pretty much every night like a 4th person in the house and the guy who owns it is getting pretty pissed at this point. Also they both have kids who are crying and whining half the time and at all hours of the day.

I really need to move into my own place again.

Definitely have had the roommate's-girlfriend-is-basically-moved-in-rent-free situation. It's a shitty thing to do.

I can't imagine having roommates that have kids though, that would be unbearable for me.

Lunar FC

Definitely have had the roommate's-girlfriend-is-basically-moved-in-rent-free situation. It's a shitty thing to do.

I can't imagine having roommates that have kids though, that would be unbearable for me.

My old roomate did that. She was also maybe the worst human to walk the surface of this great planet.

I just had an hour to burn and thought id pick up puyo puyo. But it's $40 bones? The fluff.

From the 1099 podcast I mentioned a page back:

Dan put some thought into livestreaming the wedding, but felt that the 'silly quota was filled' and at the end of the day, it's still their wedding. Says they'll have video and pictures, but doesn't want to stream it.

Said while laughing: "Believe it or not, my wedding means more to me than a popular periscope feed!"

Claims he's in the VERY early stages of another self help book. Never intended to go down this route, but he gets the most feedback on, and it feels incredible to hear the positive life changes people have told him stories about. No outline yet, "Literally a note on my iphone" at this point.

Really good show.

Dany

Banned
Alex needs to play more of P5 to understand the Ryuji hate. Dude just snowballs into a bigger and bigger turd as the game plays out.

Mupod

I just realized the part they left off of Beast in the East on and got all giddy. They have some stuff to get through before they can do a cabaret side video though.

Anyways, I have 2 roommates but I've known them for a long time, and we rent a house. Both pretty much just stay in their rooms when they are home, when they are even around - one has been in the US for 5 out of the last 6 weeks and the other works weird hours. The latter is also a headphone enthusiast so you barely even know he's there. Not too much different from living alone. They don't help out with daily cleaning stuff often (ever?) but they step up when it's time to do some electrical or yard/pool work. They also are bigger slobs than me so I never feel bad about the state of the house when I'm busy/tired. Could be worse.

They don't get into my food because they never eat leftovers nor do they cook, but sometimes my beers vanish. They bring pizza and stuff home often enough that I guess it evens out.

Hindl

Is it cheaper digital? I just checked the Nintendo store on my phone. This comfy chair on campus is charging my dead switch very slowly.

Yeah $30 digital, $40 retail but it comes with a keychain or something like that

Alex needs to play more of P5 to understand the Ryuji hate. Dude just snowballs into a bigger and bigger turd as the game plays out.

Yup. I was alright with him but as I played more he's just such a hot-headed idiot that fucks up the simplest social interactions

daveo42

Banned

It's not an every day thing, but enough to also be a pain.

I am feeling an uncommon mix of emotions right now.

I got yelled at by my neighbors after getting into a shouting match with him over it. It got pretty dark. Also, this was about a decade ago and used the body spray myself because I didn't know any better.

Mupod

Sounds like Junpei.

I will not accept slandering of da man in my presence.

Ryuji is ok. Don't hate him, don't love him. There isn't much to him really, I don't get the complaint that he gets worse over time because he stays exactly the same-ass Ryuji as he was in the first hour of the game.

Ryuji is ok. Don't hate him, don't love him. There isn't much to him really, I don't get the complaint that he gets worse over time because he stays exactly the same-ass Ryuji as he was in the first hour of the game.

He definitely starts a bunch of shit within the group and has zero social grace and causes a bunch of problems for everyone because of his stupid mouth.

Curufinwe

You're all just a bunch of stupid, shitty adults! I effin hate you guys!

65-Persona3-18-170.jpg

Zero315

Banned
Yup. I was alright with him but as I played more he's just such a hot-headed idiot that fucks up the simplest social interactions

Yeah, although where I am
Ryuji himself seems to have realized this.

Still like him better than Yosuke, though.

I hope Peter Brown is on the podcast today, I like when he's on.

Dany

Banned

Exactly. He doesn't learn or evolve or anything lol

Yosuke is a nothing-person. What was even his arc? "My vapid high school crush hated me." Boo-hoo, Yosuke, stop making fucked up jokes about Kanji.

Meguro

Banned
The only good "bro" in modern Persona games is Junpei.
Fuck Yosuke, he sucks.
Ryuji is o k but he plays the sexist pig too often.

Hindl

Well the whole situation with (before 5th palace spoilers)
Morgana feeling useless was completely his fault. Instead of apologizing and saying he was sorry he misses the point completely and says "Well it doesn't matter if you're useless!" If I was in that group when that situation I would've kicked him off the team immediately and stop talking with him.

Sounds like Yousuke.

He's Yosuke but more "fuck adults they ruin everything!" and less social tact and without the whole homophobic thing

It's not really a bubble. It's just supply and demand.

But eventually the prices get so high that the basic workers that support everything the tech people use (public transit, retail, fast food, convenience stores) can't afford to live in the city and have to move away and get different jobs. Then what?

Alex's assessment of Mishima as "a dude who posts on incel forums" is making me cackle rn

I'm at almost the same point as him (ready to fight the 3rd dungeon boss) and agree with pretty much everything he's saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom