• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like other the1099 episodes, I'm expecting this to be fantastic.
It's moments like that where I missed austin yelling "VINNY!"

Got your back fam.
The world is a terrible place if Giant Beast isn't streaming Night Trap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAoCOXBE0yY

Oh boy, I'm definitely jumping on that physical edition. This & Late Shift should make for fantastic playdates after TLC.

Oh you're an expert on how 16-17 year olds think huh

I still refer to people older than me as the adults and I am about to graduate college lol. Personally I doubt I would start seeing myself as an adult until I get my first full-time job. I DEFINITELY would have at 16/17.

MG310

Vinny died for the stream.

If only they let Vinny swim to the island on his own.

rambo-water-o.gif

Mr. F

Banned
is...is this a safe space?

I could never get into mst3k, found it pretty awful

Despite a lot of people/comedians who I admire citing it as a fantastic thing, I think maybe it was too before my time to really get into after the fact.

Hindl

Teddie just annoys me with all his puns and just general naivete, whereas Morgana is mostly normal. But the whole drooling over Ann thing was creepy after the first time. The next 100 times I just wanted to punch him

Despite a lot of people/comedians who I admire citing it as a fantastic thing, I think maybe it was too before my time to really get into after the fact.

I'm the same way but with Mr. Show. I think it's one of those things where it influenced so much of alt-comedy going forward that it feels archaic coming back to it later.

Mupod

*Ann gets critical attack*
"GOD YOU'RE SO FUCKIN HOT AND EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD, LADY ANN"

Huh. I played with the JP dub and I guess that stuff isn't subtitled.

It seems like the morgana/ann schtick gets dropped in the cutscenes pretty fast.

daveo42

Banned

It's something best experienced in a group setting as well as being fine with the awfulness of each and every film they showed. It's not necessarily for everyone, but I grew up with it and love it now as much as I did then. The new season has been pretty great.

Not saying you have to, but Time Chasers and Space Mutiny are good starting points if you every wanted to watch them. Also RiffTrax is pretty great and they do riffs of popular films. Just suggestions from a fan of their work.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm the same way but with Mr. Show. I think it's one of those things where it influenced so much of alt-comedy going forward that it feels archaic coming back to it later.

I think that's exactly it, well said. I had the same problem you described with Mr. Show, granted it was a while ago that I gave it a shot.

robotrock

Banned

This is me but actually with Giant Bomb. I get it, these guys were the first to do the let's play stuff and long form video content and were probably super influential for it, but coming to it after watching countless hours of Kinda Funny and Rooster Teeth really does not do anything for me. I get that it's an acquired taste, and still dig hanging around the thread.

TraBuch

Banned
You might just taste Brad

On another note, it's spring cleaning and I wanna throw away some stuff and it says I can leave out appliances for them to take. Would a broken vacuum cleaner be considered an appliance?

I tried but after years of watching gb improvising their stuff talking over games, pre written dialogue over stuff does nothing for me. I just generally prefer improv comedy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom