• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved this TitR. Every session was fantastic and the finale was even better. No matter what they choose to do for future games, this whole premise, and how they already showed they can mix things up, makes me look forward to it even more.

Next game for TitR should be co-op Battlegrounds, don't stop until #1 duo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I've died a few times, but that's either been due to me not paying attention (like Vinny with Bufu) or RNG just completely fucking me. If I'm paying attention then it's not that challenging. Especially when you get your Confidants up and your teammates are constantly removing ailments all on their own

Not even that really.

Go heavy physical and most fights are done before the enemy can do anything. You don't even really have to bother about weaknesses except for the very rare few enemies that reflects or block it.

Antiwhippy

Unless you're against enemies that are immune to Physical. There's a whole dungeon with that enemy type.

Really? I only know one dungeon that has that one type that is immune to both bash and pierce.
palace 6 rangda

Can't think of anything else.

robotrock

Banned
I'd rather not play the game at all than streaming it to a Vita. That never worked for me on a good enough level. Neat novelty, nothing more. Unfortunately.

That's fair. I've been streaming it direct from my PS4 instead of having it go through my router, and it's pretty great. It helps that it's a mostly turn based game.

oti

Banned
That's fair. I've been streaming it direct from my PS4 instead of having it go through my router, and it's pretty great. Plus, it helps that it's a mostly turn based game.

I tried playing Destiny and that Twin stick shooter with it when the PS4 came out. Tried it a couple of times more and never used it again. Great concept, but it just wasn't there for me.

Curufinwe

Dungeons are so easy to breeze through I usually just finish it in one go.

On Normal it has been possible for me to get as far as possible (since some palaces won't let you finish them in one go) without having to leave and rest to restore SP. You just have to be diligent about buying the right sodas.

C-KA_wcVwAIbG0n.jpg

Antiwhippy

Why can't I date Yoshida, Atlus, you fucking cowards

Gay relationships?

Don't you know that the gays are out to convert you to gay forcibly?

That's what I learnt from atlus.

On Normal it has been possible for me to get as far as possible (since some palaces won't let you finish them in one go) without having to leave and rest to restore SP. You just have to be diligent about buying the right sodas.

Didn't even bother with sodas hah. Just SP recovery accessories.

Antiwhippy

I mean, it's a weird thing either way. Seeing that I am (and presumably most of the playerbase) an adult, roleplaying as a teenager, would it be weirder to romance adults which is dicey for my playable character, or would it be weirder to romance teenagers which is dicey for my actual self.

I just went for the adult ladies because I find their stories more appealing. So eh.

Mr. F

Banned
yeah, they're kind of overdoing it with the advice emails

I wouldn't mind them if there was a story wrapped around it and giving them something to work with or relate to, but half the time it's a direct "Alex how do I deal with my XYZ" or whatever and it'll be 5 mins of the others being silent since it's not always a super jokey topic. Also the same 3 questions around mental health come in every few weeks.

Having dealt with similar stuff I appreciate seeking out the help but (no offense to him) nothing Alex says is anything particularly remarkable that you couldn't google or figure out through talking with anyone who lives with/manages depression or anxiety.

robotrock

Banned
I mean, it's a weird thing either way. Seeing that I am (and presumably most of the playerbase) an adult, roleplaying as a teenager, would it be weirder to romance adults which is dicey for my playable character, or would it be weirder to romance teenagers which is dicey for my actual self.

I just went for the adult ladies because I find their stories more appealing. So eh.

They should solve this problem by moving away from the high school setting

Curufinwe

The high school setting is what's popular in Japan, so I don't see it ever changing.

If regular, 30-something dudes like Jeff and Vinny can get into their videogame character romancing a 16 year old character like Chie then I think it's officially OK.

Antiwhippy

Actually seriously.

If they want to explore societal pressure and the fucking treadmill that Japan's work culture creates.

Make the next cast of persona characters recently graduated salary men/women.

Actually night in the woods is pretty much that except replace Japanese work culture with crippling mid western american depression.

Curufinwe

Nothing's stopping another company making a JRPG in a real world setting with adult characters... except that maybe they think it it won't sell.

daveo42

Banned
P5 lends itself far more to longer play sessions than previous Persona games, even if long play sessions are a hallmark of JRPGs. I think most of the feeling is that there are some stretches where you can just put the controller down for an hour because the only input you have is either decided to go to bed, saving, and replying to specific comments in game. Those stretches feel like you should keep playing to do actual game things like running dungeons or handling day-to-day life.

I loved P5 and am still playing it now, but I think a better balance still needs to be struck on not leaning on one side of the scale too much for long sections of the game. Spreading it out a bit more, especially by using texting to cover lighter portions of exposition might be nice.

rank 5 or 6 of her you can buy the good shit for 50k

It's rank 7, but her discount is tops. It's also a super breeze to plow through dungeons with her SP regen items on NG+

Antiwhippy

Nothing's stopping another company making a JRPG in a real world setting with adult characters... except that maybe they think it it won't sell.

I don't actually need the JRPG side of it, I just need the day to day managment and character exploration part of it.

Which is pretty much night in the woods except make the management more persona like.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I could go to the shadow world tonight

but its my weekend with the kids. its an easy wayt o introduce negative social links too.

robotrock

Banned
I could go to the shadow world tonight

but its my weekend with the kids. its an easy wayt o introduce negative social links too.

Didn't 3 do that? I think sometimes if your friend called over to hang out on Sunday and you declined, the social link points would do something similar to that

I don't actually need the JRPG side of it, I just need the day to day managment and character exploration part of it.

Which is pretty much night in the woods except make the management more persona like.

This is how I played through Persona 3 and it was awful. I was like "i just wanna see the characters" so I cranked up some cheats to give me mad XP in the dungeon so it would always be a breeze going through them so I could just focus on the social link stuff.

I need the demon dungeons/life trade off

Catvoca

Banned
The high school setting is what's popular in Japan, so I don't see it ever changing.

If regular, 30-something dudes like Jeff and Vinny can get into their videogame character romancing a 16 year old character like Chie then I think it's officially OK.

I'm usually down with the romance stuff in Persona but one of the characters in P5 really acts like a literal child (
Futuba
) and it kinda creeped me out you could romance her.

demidar

Persona 6 featuring salarymen/women is such a strong idea. You want scathing criticism of social issues, Japanese work culture is liketh a smorgasbord.

TraBuch

Banned
Jesus. Another advice email. Where the fuck are the bats vs knives and science beef and Australian beef and are pizza sandwiches questions?

LiK

Persona 6 featuring salarymen/women is such a strong idea. You want scathing criticism of social issues, Japanese work culture is liketh a smorgasbord.

They actually touch upon this a lot with the side characters and some SLinks. Way more than expected. If the MC was older, I think it would've been far more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom