• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

They don't allow Early Access to be in GOTY tho. So unless the devs are able to get outta EA this year, probably be put in their best Early Access game of the the year or something.

oti

Banned
Hearing how even 8-4 Play describes playing Persona 5 as a chore, I think I'll definitely hope and wait for a portable Switch version of that game. No way I'll dedicate 4h on the TV every time I want to play a game.

daveo42

Banned
They don't allow Early Access to be in GOTY tho. So unless the devs are able to get outta EA this year, probably be put in their best Early Access game of the the year or something.

It'll get it's own category or something, especially if it's something that people on the crew enjoy and there's enough of a category to build around it. I don't think there's enough for Early Access GotY, but maybe a PUBG's 2017 GotY Awards bit. I don't expect the game itself to come out of EA any time soon.

LiK

Hearing how even 8-4 Play describes playing Persona 5 as a chore, I think I'll definitely hope and wait for a portable Switch version of that game. No way I'll dedicate 4h on the TV every time I want to play a game.

I thought it was fine, tbh. It's def a very long game that requires a lot of time committment. Sucks Roy wasn't on. I wanted to hear his thoughts about it.

Fireblend

Banned
That was an amazing TitR. I was growing bored of the series so I'm really glad we're done and with such a great, tense episode too.

Now I just hope they play Puyo Puyo Tetris in UPF.
And that the new hire knows how to play because Brad really sucks at it.

SomberOwl

Their PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds stream was one of few videos I actually watched instead of just having on in the background. Really good stream.

Curufinwe

I wouldn't assume it would be a chore for you just because Sara said that. She's someone who happily spends 100+ hours in Animal Crossing, which would bore me to tears. It's all very subjective.

Outside of dungeons, P5 makes saving the game easier than P4 or P3 so you can get usually in and get out in very short bursts. Even 15 minutes at lunchtime has been long enough for me to make meaningful progress.

I wonder if Edith Finch would be a good game to play through while my GF is in town for a few weeks? I'm going to try either that or Firewatch.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Now now, no need to fight.

I was an avid vita gamer and I like my switch just fine.

Vita developers need to migrate to the switch if anything.

Rest mode exists. I use it when I want to stop in a dungeon and am not near a save point.

oti

Banned
I wouldn't assume it would be a chore for you just because Sara said that. She's someone who happily spends 100+ hours in Animal Crossing, which would bore me to tears. It's all very subjective.

Outside of dungeons, P5 makes saving the game easier than P4 or P3 so you can get usually in and get out in very short bursts. Even 15 minutes at lunchtime has been long enough for me to make meaningful progress.

JJ said the same thing when it came out in Japan though. Alexa also agreed it takes longer play sessions to achieve anything.

Who do I trust?!?!

Catvoca

Banned
JJ said the same thing when it came out in Japan though. Alexa also agreed it takes longer play sessions to achieve anything.

Who do I trust?!?!

I love P5 but I think it benefits from longer gaming sessions. The pacing is a bit erratic and sometimes after finishing a dungeon/major plot point it can take hours before the game stops railroading you and gets back to normal. This won't change on the Switch though.

LiK

Who do I trust?!?!

It's a big ass JRPG, of course you won't accomplish a ton in short sessions. This isn't anything new. The complaints about length is super strange to me. It's like they never played any of the other Persona games.

Hindl

Dungeons are so easy to breeze through I usually just finish it in one go.

Yeah I've died a few times, but that's either been due to me not paying attention (like Vinny with Bufu) or RNG just completely fucking me. If I'm paying attention then it's not that challenging. Especially when you get your Confidants up and your teammates are constantly removing ailments all on their own

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
TBF I've always preferred JRPGs to be portable whenever I can get it.

Turn based makes it real easy to just put things into sleep mode and return to later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom