• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're gonna do that regardless of whether or not anything gets announced.

hqg-2448.gif

The snark is strong with this one.

I thought you were making fun of me, but then I remembered this was from Mass Effect and now I'm sad because Mass Effect deserved better.

Vinny deserved better

hamchan

*insert comment about how you're all weirdos for talking about the future of this website in a thread about this website*

Ideal hire scenario:

They call up Player Unknown. Get him to hook them up with a PUBG game that they can custom-fill with who they want.

Fill the 100 slots with everyone even tangentially related to GB. Samantha Kalman, the interns, Lang/Boyes/Johnny V/Ed Boon, Alex Zandra, Fobwashed, Klepek/Austin, Bakalar, Rorie, Drew, Brad Nicholson, Brad Muir, Dino Ignacio, Cowboy, Steve Lin, Aurahack, Michael Pachter, Luchadeer, Jaffe, Bianca, Razor Ryckert, Paul Ryckert, Internet Dan, New York Dan Ryckert, Canadian Dan Ryckert etc. Everybody.

100 streams running simultaneously. Winner takes all and becomes the new hire. Hard fought match that is set up in the most hokey way possible. The Ryckert Family gets in a boat and are sunk after Paul accidentally drops a grenade in the boat. Fobwashed gets one kill and is killed while making a .gif. Ed Boon kills Lang/Boyes/JV in gruesome ways. Bakalar and someone else die while discussing their Subarus.

The last two survivors are Amarisse and Ben Pack. A tense showdown at sundown. Two frag grenades are thrown.

They both die.

They are both hired.

Wunder

Ideal hire scenario:

They call up Player Unknown. Get him to hook them up with a PUBG game that they can custom-fill with who they want.

Fill the 100 slots with everyone even tangentially related to GB. Samantha Kalman, the interns, Lang/Boyes/Johnny V/Ed Boon, Alex Zandra, Fobwashed, Klepek/Austin, Bakalar, Rorie, Drew, Brad Nicholson, Brad Muir, Dino Ignacio, Cowboy, Steve Lin, Aurahack, Michael Pachter, Luchadeer, Jaffe, Bianca, Razor Ryckert, Paul Ryckert, Internet Dan, New York Dan Ryckert, Canadian Dan Ryckert etc. Everybody.

100 streams running simultaneously. Winner takes all and becomes the new hire. Hard fought match that is set up in the most hokey way possible. The Ryckert Family gets in a boat and are sunk after paul drops a grenade in the boat. Fobwashed gets one kill and is killed while making a .gif. Ed Boon kills Lang/Boyes/JV in gruesome ways. Bakalar and someone else die while discussing their Subarus.

The last two survivors are Amarisse and Ben Pack. A tense showdown at sundown. Two frag grenades are thrown They both die. They are both hired.

they were gonna do this until they read this post

kiguel182

I feel like this is the place to brag but my girlfriend just got her Ludum Dare entry on Waypoint.

I'm super proud and I also called that Danielle would love her game.

They should pull a Time's Person Of The Year 2006 swerve on us and make "everyone" the new hire, then sit back and watch as the internet turns on each other in a grand fashion and burns everything down.

They film it, new Premium content, everyone wins.

Zornack

Relistening to the 2014 GOTY podcast because I obsessively reconsume Giant Bomb content instead of expanding my horizons in any meaningful way

I just got to the Destiny talk

oh boy

They should retroactively award Destiny 2014 GOTY. It has more content now so its only flaw is gone, right?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thanks to this thread I've been listening to Jazztronik for the past hour or so lol.

Be sure to give these a try too!

DJ Krush
DJ Okawari
Nujabes
Uyama Hiroto
Tsunenori
TokiMonsta
Kenmochi Hidefumi
Clazziquai

A lot of it falls under a fusion of electronic and hip hop which is more my taste.

spiritfox

Be sure to give these a try too!

DJ Krush
DJ Okawari
Nujabes
Uyama Hiroto
Tsunenori
TokiMonsta
Kenmochi Hidefumi
Clazziquai

A lot of it falls under a fusion of electronic and hip hop which is more my taste.

I'm more a fan of classical jazz, but I'll give them a try, thanks.

kiguel182

Wait your gf made that? I was just thinking how I would like that on mobile lol.

She did! She appeared on Rock Paper Shotgun too and I told her Waypoint would be the perfect place for the game and Danielle would really like it. There it is.

I love the idea, I spent a bunch of time building worlds when she released it. Not sure what (if anything) she'll do with that next.

Wunder

She did! She appeared on Rock Paper Shotgun too and I told her Waypoint would be the perfect place for the game and Danielle would really like it. There it is.

I love the idea, I spent a bunch of time building worlds when she released it. Not sure what (if anything) she'll do with that next.

link pls

daveo42

Banned
It should be an eating contest. Survive the most vile things the crew have eaten on video and become internet famous as the new member.

They should have a Survivor type event for new hires. A Hyre Festival, maybe? What would the challenges be?

I imagine it's like the Joker scene from The Dark Knight where he breaks the pool cue in half and throws it in the middle of them and says "we're having try-outs." But instead of the Joker it's Jeff and instead of a pool cue it's Mario Party 3.

Neato!

FluxWaveZ

This is way too filtered through American politics for it to be a convincing take on what the game is trying to say.

?

But it is what the game is trying to say. Did you know that this was Hashino's answer to a Dengeki PlayStation 2016 retrospective interview?

Question 3: What were the topics that were the most interesting to you in 2016, and why?

Mr. Trump being elected. I have been paying attention to populism for a long time and dealing with ”Persona 5," so Mr Trump's election made me think ”As I expected." It was an impressive event that represents the turning point of the world.

I mean, this would be better left for the spoiler thread; I wasn't going to derail GB discussion further. But it's pretty out there to suggest that that post is wrong, considering the entirety of the game that leads up to it and the fact that Hashino has pretty much said that was his intention throughout various interviews.

The whole of Persona 5 is about activism. You missed something crucial if you're questioning that post.

Hiring process should be like Willy Wonka. Especially the part where all those who failed walk away scarred by the experience.

Depends on how they answer the final interview question.

Jeff: "You wanna be my muddy buddy?"

If you answer in the affermative while looking Jeff directly in the eyes, you're in.

daveo42

Banned
This is way too filtered through American politics for it to be a convincing take on what the game is trying to say.

It actually fits in well with the current path of the world itself, not just the United States or Japan, even if some of the themes work slightly better in the context of Japan itself. Shit's fucked and we aren't doing near enough to upend the system that's fucking us over.

I think the bigger difference is
the amount of complacency in that at least places like the US we protest but quickly slide back into the normalcy of the day to day while Japan has just stopped protesting all together.

The post and flux are on point here.

?

But it is what the game is trying to say. Did you know that this was Hashino's answer to a Dengeki PlayStation 2016 retrospective interview?

I mean, this would be better left for the spoiler thread; I wasn't going to derail GB discussion further. But it's pretty out there to suggest that that post is wrong, considering the entirety of the game that leads up to it and the fact that Hashino has pretty much said that was his intention throughout various interviews.

The whole of Persona 5 is about activism. You missed something crucial if you're questioning that post.

I wasn't questioning the entirety of it (obviously I know about the theme of activism), just the stuff in there that is clearly talking about American politics. But I hadn't seen that interview response either.

hamchan

Did you know: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd comes out in 2 days?

Basically "fuck this year is too good" continues.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
More like "Fuck Xseed's marketing efforts".

I swear for as much as they belly ache about trails sales they barely advertise any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom