• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Even Metroidvania games have a beginning and an end at the very least but your approach to them is similar to how I approach roguelikes. So, last year was Enter The Gungeon for me. This year or the next will probably be Flinthook.

I can't handle endless roguelikes at all. That's why I want a constant progression and an ending.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Nier automata soundtrack is seriously amazing, I don't believe even for a second that there will be anything better than it this year.

daveo42

Banned
I haven't heard a lot of P5 music to be fair. I just hate jazz and most of what I've heard was extremely jazzy.

I could understand this if all you've listened to was experimental jazz. P5 does have a decent amount of jazz in it, but it's not all just jazz. Besides, what about jazz do you not like?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Recommend me some good tracks from Nier.
Sometimes I need to listen to soundtracks outside of the game to really get into them, so maybe that'll be the case for Nier.

I could understand this if all you've listened to was experimental jazz. P5 does have a decent amount of jazz in it, but it's not all just jazz. Besides, what about jazz do you not like?

Again, I haven't heard a lot of P5 music cause I don't actually play the game.
I dunno, I just don't like how Jazz sounds. It's just not my jam.

Hearing Jeff talk about the hiring process makes me think they limit their possibilities by going by applications only. I almost feel like they're at the point that they need a headhunter or try to poach some people. They need to be going after some younger people on these youtube networks or some type of streaming shows that may not even be aware of Giant Bomb.

I mean it's worked out for them great so I can't really be a judge, but it kind of baffled me when they talked about going by the applications and not knowing if people that would be great would even apply. I feel like if they keep going that route they're kind of limiting their options for the types of desires they could possibly have.

daveo42

Banned

So as a whole and just not parts of it? Not trying to rag on ya, just interested really. Not every music style is for everyone, but jazz has this 'soul' in it and a flow that gets lost in a lot of other forms of music. To each his/her own I guess.

Hearing Jeff talk about the hiring process makes me think they limit their possibilities by going by applications only. I almost feel like they're at the point that they need a headhunter or try to poach some people. They need to be going after some younger people on these youtube networks or some type of streaming shows that may not even be aware of Giant Bomb.

I mean it's worked out for them great so I can't really be a judge, but it kind of baffled me when they talked about going by the applications and not knowing if people that would be great would even apply. I feel like if they keep going that route they're kind of limiting their options for the types of desires they could possibly have.

Would CBS be a limiting factor there?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Recommend me some good tracks from Nier.
Sometimes I need to listen to soundtracks outside of the game to really get into them, so maybe that'll be the case for Nier.

Seeing you just finished A here are the tracks from there which I love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjLrvIPRgAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UCHsiy8ZHo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkYFRbA_S4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJznex0eYQ

My other favourite are from other routes.

I mean you don't have to like it if you don't like it. I feel like there's a cult of pressure around nier now which I might be a part of but really, whatever.

Wunder

idk, jeff himself said he rarely watches that much games media so applications might be the best way to go, since I'm not sure if Jeff would have any specific Youtuber/Streamer in mind that isn't a mukbang or grocery haul channel

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So as a whole and just not parts of it? Not trying to rag on ya, just interested really. Not every music style is for everyone, but jazz has this 'soul' in it and a flow that gets lost in a lot of other forms of music. To each his/her own I guess.

I just have never listened to any Jazz that I liked. I can't really tell you what it is since I'm not much of a music guy.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Jazz is way too large of a genre to blanket hate it.

Nancy Wilson is a jazz singer
Nina Simone is a jazz singer
Frank Sinatra is a jazz singer

I can get down with not enjoying some pockets of jazz but hating all jazz? It'd be like saying I hate all rock music after listening to Saves the Day or Reliant K.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Seeing you just finished A here are the tracks from there which I love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjLrvIPRgAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UCHsiy8ZHo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkYFRbA_S4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJznex0eYQ

My other favourite are from other routes.

I mean you don't have to like it if you don't like it. I feel like there's a cult of pressure around nier now which I might be a part of but really, whatever.

I like these a whole lot too and I believe they are from route A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQT_LwV2qwM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMKskuvJTcs

Do you mean would CBS limit what they do? Yeah, I'm not sure. I would think that type of hiring process would be more prevalent the bigger the company.

I mean that they'd have to follow the hiring process that CBS told them to. Not saying they would have total control or anything, just that there's more red tape in a bigger company.

I mean that they'd have to follow the hiring process that CBS told them to. Not saying they would have total control or anything, just that there's more red tape in a bigger company.

Yeah, it could very well be the CBS way for whatever it considers GB. Just hits me as something they'd need to do to broaden and grow the site. There could be some awesome small timers that could be doing some cool stuff on youtube or in some other form but have no chance of grabbing them due to them having no idea about GB, or even be actively looking for employment, but could be great for the site.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I... honestly dunno about any of the former interns being the new hires. They were alright but they never struck me as main cast material.

I mean it's been years so things can definitely change, but I feel like I would be more excited if it's someone completely unknown?

To counter-debate that point, pulling a Youtuber who has possibly never handled any sort of business situation would be a horrible idea as well. Whoever works at GB is a face of a company, represents GB to CBSi, etc.

I know there's a lot of intelligent people doing Youtube, but they also probably haven't had to deal with a lot of the business side of a job if their specific job is uploading videos or streaming on Twitch.

At least with someone doing physical applications, GB is seeing a resume, and as stupid as that sounds it probably gives them way more background on a person than if they just watched a person make videos.

If Ben is the new hire, looking through his twitter is seems he's finished Persona 4 and also likes anime... So GBGaf will like him :) Big announcement today will just be Hockey Jerseys...

To counter-debate that point, pulling a Youtuber who has possibly never handled any sort of business situation would be a horrible idea as well. Whoever works at GB is a face of a company, represents GB to CBSi, etc.

I know there's a lot of intelligent people doing Youtube, but they also probably haven't had to deal with a lot of the business side of a job if their specific job is uploading videos or streaming on Twitch.

At least with someone doing physical applications, GB is seeing a resume, and as stupid as that sounds it probably gives them way more background on a person than if they just watched a person make videos.

I was more just using Youtube as a generalization. They could get some really small time people who are directly from youtube, but was even thinking of people from companies like Rooster Teeth, or there's been a couple companies doing fully produced Twitch shows. More like people above solo youtube but not quite at the level of GB.(RT aside)

swimbuff

What if Monday's a big day because it's spring cleaning day at the CBSi offices and they all have to come in to demolish New Box City.

What if there's nothing today guys.

I hope the new hire has a gaf account and will check in here once every 3 months and dunk on someone being mean.

We drove Brad away and now Jeff's dunking on Tumblr... We're alone over here.

Except for the occasional Vinny dunk which is really more like a nice warm hug from a friend.

Zaph

Ben as the production assistant would make sense - he would offset Amarisse so Giant Bomb could maintain it's >6' average height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom