• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently started watching Giant Bomb on their YouTube channel and with their sale, been curious about premium.

What type of special content would the membership give me?

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of premium content on demand , as well as hours of premium content per week. It's honestly worth way more than they charge for it. Most of their best content is premium too!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I recently started watching Giant Bomb on their YouTube channel and with their sale, been curious about premium.

They do a lot of videos focusing on more specific games. For example, the East crew just finished up a playthrough of an FMV game from the 90s called Tender Loving Care and are working on playing through all of Yakuza 0. Its really good, entertaining stuff

The West crew is...well not doing much, that's why we're so excited to get Ben in

kai3345

Banned
They still haven't picked a video person, it seems. The job listing was taken down, so it is only a matter of time.

there never was a job listing for the West video person. they say at the end of the post that you'll see another post like this one "later on in the year". I imagine the search for west's video person will start after E3

Exclusive weekly live shows from East and West
Premium shows such as this is the run or metal gear scanlon

The mario party series of torment

Lotsa good video content thats been built over the years

Mr. F

Banned
This is going to get drowned in the new hire talk, but Tumbleseed came out of nowhere for me. Looks rad and like a great fit for Switch

This show called Unprofessional Fridays which is live streamed every Friday. It is their most premier feature.

There are a lot of premium only streams/videos that they do. The OP of this thread has a lot of good examples. Some of my current favorites are:

This is the Run: Vinny/Dan play coop (Contra) or against each other (Soul Calibur) in an attempt to work together and beat he game in one run, or beat each other in the case of Soul Calibur.

Playdates: Streams where GBW/GBE play random games.

Beast in the East: GBeast is currently playing through Yakuza 0, I have found it to be pretty entertaining so far.

Film & 40s: GBeast watched and recorded podcasts over all of the Fast and Furious series (While drinking 40s).

Tons of old premium content as well (ex: Brad playing through Demon Souls while Vinny gives him "advice"). The GOTY videos they did for last years GOTY were all really good. Tons of awesome Hitman content over the last year as well.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Abby seems really good!

Less excited by Ben, not because of anything to do with his personality but because I really wanted a fresh perspective and some new energy. I'm sure he will be good though.

faridmon

Some are hit others are miss for me.

I have been a subscriber for bit under a year and to be honest I am happy. UBF is boring, and some features like retro gaming (Megaman, Castlevania) are things I am not interested at all, but Beast in the East and Hitman features have been amazing.

styl3s

Abby seems really good!

Less excited by Ben, not because of anything to do with his personality but because I really wanted a fresh perspective and some new energy. I'm sure he will be good though.
Why can't he have a fresh perspective? Because he was a intern like 7 years ago? Because he happens to know them?

Abby seems really good!

I think GBeast is your best bet for the diverse perspectives, as vinny has way more input in those decisions.

repeater

Has Myggen been available for a comment on the new hires?

Also, do we know what this Murder Island stream in 30 minutes is going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom