• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
that nier spoilercast on waypoint is simply...

e88.png

edit: well besides patrick not realizing that the actual time line is

drakengard 3 > drakengard 1 ending E > nier > nier automata
Can I listen to it without playing the game?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Can I listen to it without playing the game?

If you don't care about the game sure. They do cover quite a number of story beats that have more impact if you encountered it unspoiled.

Even then I'm not sure if you'll understand what they're talking about.

West hire seems like more of the same. Was hoping for someone a different from what the rest of west is like

Trying to avoid hot taking until I see what he's about but I kind of feel the same way right now, I'm sure i'll be proven wrong as I have faith in the crews choices, but I'm definitely excited to see a woman's influence on the east coast for sure, it will be interesting to see for sure.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh I don't expect it to actually win GOTY.

I'll be happy if it makes top 10.

But with Austin lending his GOTY powers that somehow got invisible inc. into top 10 (I found it hilarious how even they are talking about GB goty now on the spoilercast) I have confidence.

Yakuza 0 is going to be in the top 10 that's for sure and it's enough for me. I will say this though, most of the crew will probably finish Nier than Yakuza 0 which is something I did not expect but that's also a good thing. I myself am getting deeper and deeper into it now that I'm done with Horizon.

To determine how much I will like the new hires I need to know on a scale from 1 to 10 how much each likes Japan/anime. I don't quite get the bait and switch for Abby with Katamari but she's giving me high hopes.

I'm sort of joking

Yakuza 0 is going to be in the top 10 that's for sure and it's enough for me. I will say this though, most of the crew will probably finish Nier than Yakuza 0 which is something I did not expect but that's also a good thing. I myself am getting deeper and deeper into it now that I'm done with Horizon.

Yakuza is going to be my top 3 for sure. Biggest surprise since I discovered Danganronpa/Steins;Gate.

Yakuza is going to be my top 3 for sure. Biggest surprise since I discovered Danganronpa/Steins;Gate.

At the moment It's my GOTY and that's even after playing and finishing Zelda as well as Horizon. I keep thinking about the amount of times the game made me tense, smile, laugh and put a lump in my throat. No other game matches it in that department for me so far. It also has an incredible score.

Yakuza is a game that is just 'human' in alot of ways. Yeah the story goes places, but at the same time all the characters just seem real. Something that even Horizon can't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom