• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I have 8 gigs in my computer

if I wanted to run a game that says min 8 gigs, could I?

I'm no expert on PC stuff, but if they say minimum, I'd imagine you'd be fine. Having said that, I have a 6GB of RAM and I struggle to run games that require less. Though, I think that is more to do with my video card than my main memory. Is there a specific game you are looking at? Personally, I recently looked at Epic Battle Simulator (or whatever it is called) on Steam and saw it has an 8GB minimum requirement. So, no go for me! There are plenty of videos of the game to watch anyways.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean unpacking the game usually takes more than the stated required space, and your hard drive is going to perform really poorly.

Also what kind of life are you leading where you're down to 8 gigs and can't clear more.

I mean unpacking the game usually takes more than the stated required space, and your hard drive is going to perform really poorly.

Also what kind of life are you leading where you're down to 8 gigs and can't clear more.

I think he's not talking about memory, not hard drive space.

Kathryn actress is incredibly hot.

From Tender Loving Care? I don't know if they brought this up, but, unfortunately, the actress died in 2014.

def sim

so I have 8 gigs in my computer

if I wanted to run a game that says min 8 gigs, could I?

It doesn't matter as much as you'd think. Unless you want to have Chrome on with many tabs open and whatever other applications running while playing a game, you shouldn't sweat it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh, whoops. That definitely makes more sense. :p

Yeah at some point I just bought 32gigs and forgot about worrying about ram specs.

Oooh! New blood!

That's a shame.

Yup. I guess, as she wasn't a "star", the details of her death were quite vague.

Beth Tegarden was born on February 11, 1965 in Nashville, Tennessee, USA as Beth Ann Tegarden. She was an actress, known for Tender Loving Care (1997), The Stuff (1985) and Captured (1998). She died on February 25, 2014 in Los Angeles, California, USA.

49 is really young.

I'm no expert on PC stuff, but if they say minimum, I'd imagine you'd be fine. Having said that, I have a 6GB of RAM and I struggle to run games that require less. Though, I think that is more to do with my video card than my main memory. Is there a specific game you are looking at? Personally, I recently looked at Epic Battle Simulator (or whatever it is called) on Steam and saw it has an 8GB minimum requirement. So, no go for me! There are plenty of videos of the game to watch anyways.

I've been eyeing Shadow Warrior 2 and it says 8 gigs minimum. I dunno what it does to require, I've run for example vanilla skyrim, metro 2033+last light just fine, but I imagine a newer game(The newest game I've played on my PC is........hrm....Stardew Valley? lol). would require more than just 8.

I've been eyeing Shadow Warrior 2 and it says 8 gigs minimum. I dunno what it does to require, I've run for example vanilla skyrim, metro 2033+last light just fine, but I imagine a newer game(The newest game I've played on my PC is........hrm....Stardew Valley? lol). would require more than just 8.
Which video card do you have? That's probably your limiting factor.

I can't vouch for the safety of this, but apparently this site is good at showing you how your computer will run a particular game and what components you may need to upgrade to best run it (or run it at all): https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

TraBuch

Banned
I like the music and sounds and art in Gnog, but it kinda seems like everything is solved by just turning on everything. Like an extremely basic The Room.

sirap

oof, it's going to take me some time to get used to Ben's voice. Still, pretty exciting to have a new-ish member on the team!

Tagyhag

Ben sounds nervous as fuck. He'll probably do better once he gets used to it more.

Yeah even in a quick look that isn't live the thought of "Ok don't fuck up, this is a great job but oh God thousands upon thousands of people are going to be watching this" would be terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom