• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I didn't like SWAT4 honestly, it was a big departure from 3 to me atleast.

But I haven't played in while though, had no reason to go back to it, maybe I'll do it now.

Also, didn't Ken Levine work on that game?

It was made by Irrational so yeah

Xater

I feel like SWAT3 is a jankier SWAT4 with less interesting writing. It was a good game at the time, but was really outshined by the fourth one.

Xater

Seeing this Gangbeasts thread pop up is so weird. It's just incredible, that MS is still making releasing indie games on their platform a hassle. Can't believe that even Nintendo is now better about it.

Hasney

The first PC games I got were Quake and Police Quest Collection. I wondered why SWAT was on all these discs while the other game was over multiple, so I was excited to play SWAT!

I never made it past that crazy old lady's building. Almost put me off the whole collection, but thank fuck it didn't. Love the original Police Quest.

2 was good, 3 and 4 are brilliant.

"HIDEO_KOJIMA Retweeted"

Francis York Morgan approves.
X2adJwv.gif

LiK

So with Ben, Alex and Vinny (promising to play more) of P5, I'm expecting it to at least get some good discussions during GOTY. So fucking excited to hear what they say of the latter half of the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So with Ben, Alex and Vinny (promising to play more) of P5, I'm expecting it to at least get some good discussions during GOTY. So fucking excited to hear what they say of the latter half of the game.

Problem is there's like zero passion for it?

And honestly while I really liked the game I... I can't really find that much passion for it either.

Curufinwe

I just got back from the beach.

It's a much better game than Nier, that's for sure.

LiK

And honestly while I really liked the game I... I can't really find that much passion for it either.

Wat? Ben is digging it and Alex is begging Vinny to catch up so he can talk about the later stuff about it. I heard the passion. There was very little passion for other games during GOTY but even one person can bring their takes in and change the group's mind. It'll be a fun discussion either way when they talk about the spoilers.

Jintor

nier stole my story passion, zelda my gameplay passion

persona still gets my 'these tunes are dope and the artstyle's pretty wicked' passion

Antiwhippy

Yeah I dig it (more than dig it really) and would like people to play it too but I wouldn't call that passion.

Meanwhile today I had a weird anxiety about a goddamn videogame music concert just so I could know a peculiar tidbit from a game.

LiK

Yeah I dig it (more than dig it really) and would like people to play it too but I wouldn't call that passion.

Meanwhile today I had a weird anxiety about a goddamn videogame music concert just so I could know a peculiar tidbit from a game.

What video game concert.

Harpuia

I haven't listened to today's bombcast yet but to be fair, Brad kind of went into "so uh yeah is this game actually good or not???" Which usually isn't conducive to promoting positive discussion. Alex has been pretty positive from what he's talked about and Vinny looks like he's like...10 hours in.

That being said, to everyone looking in, the truth is this is just an HD SMT game. Now, since I love the series I'm prone to defending it because I think seeing the demons rendered in a not shitty ps2 way is rad and the story is actually really good. The music is legit, and the characters are all great and interesting. It looked like Ben wanted to talk more about the story and characters but it'd be like someone 4 seasons into a show just going "dog you gotta watch it it's so good".

Antiwhippy

What video game concert.

Nier.

I haven't listened to today's bombcast yet but to be fair, Brad kind of went into "so uh yeah is this game actually good or not???" Which usually isn't conducive to promoting positive discussion. Alex has been pretty positive from what he's talked about and Vinny looks like he's like...10 hours in.

That being said, to everyone looking in, the truth is this is just an HD SMT game. Now, since I love the series I'm prone to defending it because I think seeing the demons rendered in a not shitty ps2 way is rad and the story is actually really good. The music is legit, and the characters are all great and interesting. It looked like Ben wanted to talk more about the story and characters but it'd be like someone 4 seasons into a show just going "dog you gotta watch it it's so good".

I feel like if this is an actual HD SMT game I might have loved it more? At least SMT mainline tries to create some ambiguity between the law vs chaos even if it can come off hackneyed sometimes *cough*SMT4*cough*

But I don't really get the sense that any of them are like "dog you gotta watch it it's so good". Which is kinda bumming me out in my own way? Which is weird because I feel like I'm now more invested in them being passionate for it then my own passion lol. It just feels sad seeing that a major reason why I got into the site was the P4 ER.

Persona 5 is both really good and also markedly flawed in nearly every aspect other than its aesthetics. And the flaws are really obvious and easy to talk about so I could see how Brad would get the impression that the game isn't being received well. I can nitpick that game all day long but I'm also having a ton of fun with it.

Jintor

what bizarres me out is the people complaining about the time management aspects of the game

I understand that P5 is a lot of people's first persona, but I think there would've been enough info floating around for people to understand that this game is at least partially a time management game right?

Antiwhippy

I really like it too, it's just that I hope persona doesn't become my call of duty.

I'll consume every bit gladly and have a really good time, even the side projects, but in the end it's just persona.

They need to make a break to the series that 3 was. I want it to recreate the passion I had when I first played 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom