• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm really enjoying Persona 5. Other than Ryuji constantly making me want to kick him out of the team and some stretches of time without the story moving forward (during which you spend advancing your social links anyway so at least you get to see individual character arcs moving forward), everything about it falls somewhere between "better" to "far better" in comparison with P4 for me. Story-wise I even like P5 better. I feel like it has several twists up its sleeve that it's been surprising me with, while P4's was just "hey, I wonder which character's assassination attempt we're going to prevent next. Surely it's not that one that was introduced 5 minutes ago!" while they "investigate" a murder which solution they never get any close to approaching until the final act.

I think I fucked up by starting Trails in the Sky FC because I'm actually getting into that game this time and now I think I've just committed myself to two more 50+ hour JRPGs that I need to finish this year along with Yakuza, Nier, and Zelda

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like alex complaining that character development feels compressed and rushed when going through the social links. I love the social link system but that has been a problem for the series ever since 4 really because it places most of the character development in those links.

Kimaka

I both really like and am disappointed by Persona 5. It started off incredibly strong, but nothing I've encountered has reached the heights of the first palace yet (I just finished the fourth). It is also frustrating when it undermines its themes during the story and some of the social links.

swimbuff

I still need to play this. Been holding off while I finish Zelda.

I stopped playing Horizon Zero Dawn 20 hours in and got started on Yakuza 0 because I didn't want to spoil myself watching Beast in the East. That story goes places.

You're probably playing the actual GOTY though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It has to be Mr. Diesel and Friends.

latest

Hindl

Anyone got any good pasta recipes?

Spaghetti Carbonara:

1. Cook Spaghetti
2. Cut up bacon and fry it while spaghetti is cooking
3. Mix 2 egg yolks, 1 egg, and about a cup of Parmesan/Pecorino cheese
4. Take the warm, cooked spaghetti and put it in the frying pan with the bacon and bacon grease. Mix
5. Pour cheese egg mixture over spaghetti and bacon and mix till creamy
6. Finish with pepper and more cheese

Strax

Spaghetti Carbonara:

1. Cook Spaghetti
4. Take the warm, cooked spaghetti and put it in the frying pan with the bacon and bacon grease. Mix

Agreed.
Good stuff.

Spaghetti Carbonara:

1. Cook Spaghetti

Sounds delicious!

So theres no GBE stream today?

strafer

Spaghetti Carbonara:

1. Cook Spaghetti

Damn man, this sounds delicious.

Lari

Back in college i'd make ramen and mix a spoon of cream cheese in it, sometimes.

Carbonara is indeed great.
And I also love bolognese sauce:

1. Brown minced meat in a frying pan for about 5 minutes
1b. add in mushrooms and let them cook for 3 minutes (if you like mushrooms)
2. stir in 2 crushed garlic cloves and 3 tbsp of tomato purée for 2 minutes
3. add in 150ml 1/4 beef stock or a glass of wine and 400g of chopped tomato
4. bring to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes

Hindl

Agreed.
Good stuff.

Damn man, this sounds delicious.

It's one of my favorite pasta dishes, but the other reason I chose it is because it's incredibly easy. With a lot of recipes even basic stuff can sometimes be tricky if you don't cook a lot, but this is literally just mixing stuff together. Once the spaghetti and bacon is cooked it's already done.

Plus for some reason I've always liked food that's cooked by something other than direct heat. Like here once the bacon is cooked you turn off the heat before putting the spaghetti and egg mixture in, and rely on the heat from the fresh spaghetti and bacon to cook the eggs. Or ceviche, where the raw fish is cooked by the acid in the lemon/lime juice that it's sitting on top of

Antiwhippy

And if you're feeling a bit fancy just add miso paste to that mix to make a miso carbonara.

Get that extra umami kick.

Harpuia

Nier.

I feel like if this is an actual HD SMT game I might have loved it more? At least SMT mainline tries to create some ambiguity between the law vs chaos even if it can come off hackneyed sometimes *cough*SMT4*cough*

But I don't really get the sense that any of them are like "dog you gotta watch it it's so good". Which is kinda bumming me out in my own way? Which is weird because I feel like I'm now more invested in them being passionate for it then my own passion lol. It just feels sad seeing that a major reason why I got into the site was the P4 ER.

Yeah since they have all those assets lying around now I'm hoping that the SMT game they're teasing for the switch is baller.

I'm digging the P5 story a lot because it feels like the big budget JRPG game that has been missing for some time now. The themes and ideas in the game are pretty cool. It's a JRPG of it's time and I love it for that; just like Soul Hackers has that "oh wow yeah this game was made in the 90s" vibe. Looking at where the story is going I really wish they made another SMT game but less hackneyed than SMT IV, which got pretty simplistic and blunt about it's themes towards the end.

To it's detriment it also is still just a JRPG. The social stats system is something I wish they dropped or made better because that shit is just plain garbage.

Regarding GB's enthusiasm, I think the difference between P4 and P5 is that Vinny and Jeff were playing P4 daily. It's easier to let yourself be absorbed into something if you do it on a daily basis. Whereas for P5 they play it for what looks like 5 hour stretches then stop for a week or so. It also bums me out that we won't get their take on p5 like we did p4, and probably never will.

LotusHD

Banned
nier stole my story passion, zelda my gameplay passion

persona still gets my 'these tunes are dope and the artstyle's pretty wicked' passion

Lol, basically. for Nier I greatly enjoyed both the story and gameplay. Zelda the gameplay and creativity, as well as the open world aspects. For Persona... the music was catchy, game itself was stylish af. But the story was overall just okay to me, gameplay-wise, same thing.

swimbuff

I'm going to play two Yakuza games in 2017. Best time to be playing video games.

Holy shit you just blew my mind. I completely forgot Kiwami is releasing this year.

My man.

I tend to dump a shitton of garlic into everything I make though.

I don't cook enough dishes with garlic in them so I tend to do the same so that they don't go to waste. I go through a lot of chewing gum.

I kinda want to get in on Nier Automata due to all the positive buzz it's getting but man I don't know if I can get past the drab color palette. Does it get any better later on?

LotusHD

Banned
I kinda want to get in on Nier Automata due to all the positive buzz it's getting but man I don't know if I can get past the drab color palette. Does it get any better later on?

The androids' headquarters is all in black and white, no color, does that count ;D

Hindl

I'm happy Brad has someone to talk about Dota with

I'm happy Jason has someone to talk about anime fighting games with

Jeff was riffing on it but you could actually hear the excitement in Brad/Jason's voice as they were able to discuss these games with actual depth instead of the surface level stuff that it usually is

Antiwhippy

I'm happy Brad has someone to talk about Dota with

I'm happy Jason has someone to talk about anime fighting games with

Jeff was riffing on it but you could actually hear the excitement in Brad/Jason's voice as they were able to discuss these games with actual depth instead of the surface level stuff that it usually is

What's his stance on destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom