• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I've been kinda itching to play it since I'm also a fan of hunan revolution. Just waiting on reports to see if the ps4 input stuff is fixed.

What are you going to tell my family?

dkiffkjt7.gif

I really like Battlegrounds, but I hope they implement a ranking system because I am absolutely terrible. I have 16 hours and only like 2 top 5 finishes, and haven't won yet. I'm really bad at this game and get bummed when I have 1 on 1 fights because the other player is always more dexterous than I am.

If not for the new hires, I think I'd be done with GB for a while. PBUG is super boring to me and BITE is too hard to follow in the background due to the subtitle issue.

Antiwhippy

Danielle describing it as a tribeca film festival obsessed with death got me intrigued.

If it's only 2 hours I'll just find a time i can carve out to playthrough it in one sitting.

Danielle describing it as a tribeca film festival obsessed with death got me intrigued.

If it's only 2 hours I'll just find a time i can carve out to playthrough it in one sitting.

It's definitely under 3 hours even if you explore everything. Still, it's well worth the $20 I spent.

kiyomi

Has anyone other than Alex played The Sexy Brutale? Did he finish it?

I feel like there hasn't been as much indy love lately with all the bigger releases and PUBG taking up airtime.

Antiwhippy

Oof, $20 though...

I know time played isn't a be all end all metric for these kind of games but at least night in the woods is a 10 hour experience and i haven't seen everything in the game yet.

Just finished Prey and the ending had me fucking HYPE. Overall the story was kind of underwhelming, although I like the themes it tackles, but man the ending was faaaaantastic. Don't youtube it because it really plays off your choices in the game in a clever way, if you haven't played it you'll probably just go "that's it?"

Really looking forward to doing another playthrough and exploring the PSI power tree which I didn't touch at all, and making different story choices.

How long is Prey?

I finished it in around 19 hours, probably on the fast side unless you totally ignore sidequests. I think around 20-25 hours for a first playthrough is pretty nominal.

As someone who is a huuuge Blade Runner fan, I should refrain from watching the 2049 trailer right?

Because you're afraid it will be shit or because of spoilers? It looks... good. I'm tentatively excited. The visuals and music are fantastic, the dialogue I'm a little iffy on but trailers always cut dialogue together in the cheesiest ways. Plus I think Villeneuve might be the best director to emerge in Hollywood in the last decade. Hasn't gone wrong yet.

What I dislike most about the game is when you return to places you already went through way back, more often than not you're greeted with even stronger enemies which is kind of tedious especially if you're going back and forth doing side quests.

e: The game also has a very subdued soundtrack which I love. There are many neat little audio cues sprinkled throughout the game.

Because you're afraid it will be shit or because of spoilers? It looks... good. I'm tentatively excited. The visuals and music are fantastic, the dialogue I'm a little iffy on but trailers always cut dialogue together in the cheesiest ways. Plus I think Villeneuve might be the best director to emerge in Hollywood in the last decade. Hasn't gone wrong yet.

Hah, yeah I was being a bit vague in my question. I mean if I'm 100% going to watch it, I might as well do it totally blind. Don't want them spoilers I guess. I agree about Villeneuve, I love all his films.q

Antiwhippy

His last 2 favourite games are BotW and nier though, so there's not that much space involved. :p

There are robots though in both...

Hah, yeah I was being a bit vague in my question. I mean if I'm 100% going to watch it, I might as well do it totally blind. Don't them spoilers I guess. I agree about Villeneuve, I love all his films.q

I'd avoid it, speaking as a huge Blade Runner fan who downloaded the 2+ gig prores version of the trailer. It's the movie I'm most excited about this year, and it's a year with some movies I'm very excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom