• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit I'm only 20 minutes into Beast East this week and this hostess daddy quest is already hilarious. The guys reactions when they knew he was going to ask her to call him daddy haha

valeo

Vinny - good guy, right? WRONG.

Has bandages; doesn't give them to Alex; instead gives him a single energy drink.
Shoots Jeff in cold blood while in a car and denis it ever happened.
Hides under a staircase with a gun while Dan runs naked and screaming.

Vinny - good guy, right? WRONG.

tumblr_mo9qqspNVN1r9zdybo1_500.gif

Tagyhag

I think when Vinny had The Gift he missed a shotgun early on before the castle.

Edit: Man, they also didn't give him SHIT to defend himself lol.

PUBG is the first game I considered grabbing my headphones for. I have solid surround sound speakers and get a vague sense if it's to the left or right of me. but if I heard a loud noise like a door, I have to turn up my volume to hear footsteps.

patapuf

I dunno, is it a game to take that seriously?

Even if you play it casually you'll want to know where you are shot from or if there's someone else nearby. It's often the only hint you get. There are no visual cues aside from muzzle flash and that can easily be supressed with atachments.

Getting picked off without knowing how or that there was someon else there gets old quickly. At the very least, it helps with finding cover.

Hasney

I will never finish even in the top 10 in PUBG because I tend to get bored and then see if I can play like Doom by shotgunning people and then trying to follow up with a punch.
It worked once, but I think they were AFK.

Somebody should probably tell them that the actual chance of getting hit while in a red zone are ridiculously small...

If I am told there's an area where there's a 0.1% chance of getting bombed and everything else is 0%, I'd always walk in the 0%.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think the reason why PUBG is fun is that you feel the equipment-tension like in Day Z (Oh shit, I got so much good stuff right now! I can't die, I don't want to loose it all!) but even if you die it's not like in Day Z where you literally lost hours and hours of progress.
So it kinda captures the tension without the frustration.

I dunno, is it a game to take that seriously?

No, but I think if you play it you won't get as much out of it without headphones. Hearing where shots are coming from is pretty important in the game.

Am I at a large disadvantage by not playing pubgs with headphones? Because I never know where these shots are coming from.

I played with speakers for a while and then put my headphones on and the difference is pretty noticeable in being able to tell where noise is coming from or what is causing it. I also recently got even nicer headphones and it's that much better.

I'm still terrible at this game.

I think the reason why PUBG is fun is that you feel the equipment-tension like in Day Z (Oh shit, I got so much good stuff right now! I can't die, I don't want to loose it all!) but even if you die it's not like in Day Z where you literally lost hours and hours of progress.
So it kinda captures the tension without the frustration.

I was thinking about that. Matches are long enough to get you invested, but not too long that it's frustrating or boring.

patapuf

Mmm alright, fair enough. I dunno, the fact that it's not super high stakes is one of the appealing things to me.

That's still true. You don't have to take the game seriously to have fun.

Positional sound is just an important mechanic. Feels a bit like playing a rythm game without music without it.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Vinny watching everyone get murdered through invisible walls was so tragic and hilarious! Murder Island is definitely a hit, I'd like them to be a bit more aggressive though, every single match was them running away until the circle was too small for them to hide. 10 matches in a stream where they die in the first 10 minutes is better than 4 matches where they skulk around for 30 minutes.

Jintor

somehow i hadn't realised it until murder island: revengeance, but man vinny's beard is transitioning into full on survivalist

Hasney

somehow i hadn't realised it until murder island: revengeance, but man vinny's beard is transitioning into full on survivalist

Now he's got someone to do the streams for him, he's not doing anything for himself. He's going to hire someone to shave him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Murder island had good moments but man.

There's sooooooooo much downtime where it is just the duders spending a long time searching for equipment. And then they mostly die without really fighting anyway.

Might be better live but kinda hard to watch on demand.

I just turned on the archive and it's hilarious that anyone who's played this game for more than 10 minutes is calling out pistols, let alone combat pants. I guess it's only Vinny, though. I don't think he's played much.

Alex and Brad were doing it as well. They should also stop searching the same building as each other. Go to a place where you can each have your own building to search.

Jintor

it's because i forget how to d/l it every time

i need to print out the instructions and sticky tape them to my monitor or somehting

also last download i did it took like three hours to d/l BITE?

Sakwoff

Vinny not acknowledging at all that he shot Jeff while FRIENDLY FIRE is displaying on his screen in huge red letters is pretty good. :D

Vinny not acknowledging at all that he shot Jeff while FRIENDLY FIRE is displaying on his screen in huge red letters is pretty good. :D

I can't tell if Vinny is being supremely cowardly or supremely oblivious throughout all of this. It's hilarious either way.

Dan: Ahh! Someone's killing me! Help! I ran into the house!
Vinny: Where? *stares at at a wall*
Dan: I'm on the second floor of a house.
Vinny: Of this house? *stares at the wall for a few more seconds, crouch walks upstairs*
Brad: I'm dying! Someone punched me to death.
Vinny: *still crouchwalking upstairs* Dan, are you still up?
Dan: Yeah.
Vinny: *looks directly at Brad's gamertag with a skull and crossbones under it* Brad, someone killed you? Dan, I don't think we're in the same building...

A quick glance at the #squad names floating all over his screen would have told him where they were at any time, if actually wanted to help them.

oti

Banned
I can't tell if Vinny is being supremely cowardly or supremely oblivious throughout all of this. It's hilarious either way.

Dan: Ahh! Someone's killing me! Help! I ran into the house!
Vinny: Where? *stares at at a wall*
Dan: I'm on the second floor of a house.
Vinny: Of this house? *stares at the wall for a few more seconds, crouch walks upstairs*
Brad: I'm dying! Someone punched me to death.
Vinny: *still crouchwalking upstairs* Dan, are you still up?
Dan: Yeah.
Vinny: *looks directly at Brad's gamertag with a skull and crossbones under it* Brad, someone killed you? Dan, I don't think we're in the same building...

A quick glance at the #squad names floating all over his screen would have told him where they were at any time, if actually wanted to help them.

250px-TheMole.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom