• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Rivals of Aether is that 1v1, no items, final destination mindset made reality.

Huh.

Also the genre is Smash. There's Smash or Smash clones. Gonna have to face the music, Ben!

SomberOwl

I'm excited for a new Need for Speed & Assassins Creed. Both took a year off and now I'm really excited to see what they bring to the table for the next instalments

J_Viper

gZfxWcA.png

Jeff with the hot lateral take. I'm going to archive this next to Xbox One DRM controversy won't matter because all consoles will have it and Mass Effect 3's ending wasn't its most notable failure.

I'm going to archive this next to Xbox One DRM controversy won't matter because all consoles will have it

Sony was absolutely considering it before the Xbone blow back, so he's right

Mass Effect 3's ending wasn't its most notable failure.

Right again. ME3 has a ton of issues aside from it's ending. It doesn't even have a functioning Quest Log

Brett's always right.

One thing I'm enjoying so far is that Ben's quicklooks have discussion about the game they are playing. To compare, Dan's quicklooks are mostly about talking about something else while the game is played in the background.

And watching Murder Island, I immediately noticed how sharp that camera was. Abby will be off camera and producing, but I hope she will be in some personality roles. Maybe they can try putting her into the beastcast?
How old is she? I want to feel like a failure by comparing my career accomplishments to her's.

I was watching Guardians 2 the other day and got sad realizing Chris Pratt is younger than me. (Actually I just looked it up he's the same age as me, only a few months younger. So I'm still technically right~ )

Tagyhag

One thing I'm enjoying so far is that Ben's quicklooks have discussion about the game they are playing. To compare, Dan's quicklooks are mostly about talking about something else while the game is played in the background.

And watching Murder Island, I immediately noticed how sharp that camera was. Abby will be off camera and producing, but I hope she will be in some personality roles. Maybe they can try putting her into the beastcast?

I think it'll depend on what Abby is comfortable with.

Drew took a while to be comfortable being on camera.

Man, Resistance: Fall of Man was not a good game.

I remember they said it would da halo killah.

The third one is the best, SP wise.
Far Cry set in western sounds absolutely amazing.

But riding horses in first person can be a bit weird though.

Anything western sounds absolutely amazing to me. More of it in games pls, so much potential in that world. Just make a bounty hunter game and I'm there day one.
I'm not sure why any of you are here when you could watch the Eurovision Semifinals

Why watch when we'll get Drew's take on the entire thing and maybe some footage!
This whole thread is adorbs

ifht2k8p.gif

jediyoshi

Sony was absolutely considering it before the Xbone blow back, so he's right

He was right about all consoles having their DRM scheme by virtue of it not happening?

The PS4 has Xbox 1's original DRM scheme.
The PS4 does not have Xbox 1's original DRM scheme.

Do you see the distinction between these two statements?

Right again. ME3 has a ton of issues aside from it's ending. It doesn't even have a functioning Quest Log

"Mass Effect 3's ending wasn't its most notable failure."

Rewrite this statement in your own words.

Not only do I not quite get what about this particular take you find issue with, I'd add that Mass Effect 3's writing as a whole was its failure. The ending just encapsulated the issues well.

The idea that they're somehow mutually exclusive scenarios, but mainly that it exists to serve as a contrarian third stance ala examples.

Joeku

Haru is a boring, nothing character. She sticks out in a game already filled with shallow characters, so that's saying something.

Haru is the most anime-ass "proper young lady" sounding character in the game. I'm so glad she shows up as late as she does. Couldn't deal with that from moment one.

Oh well. It can't be helped.

I already beat all the tournaments in NBA Playgrounds, So I guess I'm waiting for single player DLC because Online is probably just cheese city lol. The final boss matchup is
Allen Iverson and Shaquille O'Neal and fucking Shaq drains threes like it's nothing and I'm just like LOL WUT. This is some bullshit.

My running games list of 2017 aka The Black Sheep.

1. Yakuza 0
2. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
3. MLB The Show 17 (rental)
4. Yooka Laylee
5. Late Shift
6. Flatout 4
7. NBA Playgrounds

Almost at 10...

It truly is the best time to be playing video games!

Edit: These are not ranked btw, just in continuity.

I'm expecting lots of praise for Prey on the Bombcast. I've been juggling Nier and Prey in the beginning but I've reached a point in Prey that I just want to focus on playing it. It's ridiculously good and satisfying, those audio cues(you know how satisfying the guitar riff in COD4 is? This has an abundance of it). It's a shame that the combat itself is not as good as everything else but engaging the enemies in multiple ways make it fun. Can't wait to listen to the archive.

I forgot Strafe releases today, going to have to save it for Summer. Balls deep in Prey & Nier at the moment.

As expected, Prey is damn good. Experimented more and found out that you could make the combat better if you focus on the things that make you move fast + upgrading your favorite weapon to reload faster and have more firepower(problem is there's a ton of skills to open up and it feels abit daunting). However, they could have done better in that department overall. Nevertheless, I feel like I have a couple more hours to go before finishing the game. 20 hours in now. Once I do, I'll go back to Nier again which is another game that I'm enjoying. I just didn't expect Prey to grab me by the balls as much as it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom