• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Isn't most of RPG GAF in love with that game? A bit shallow, but looking at some of the screenshots made me reconsider buying the game.

I've only played half of the first one, but it's got awesome music, pretty cool combat system, and I love the character art. It reminds me of 90s era Japanese games instead of the modern take. Like FE7 portraits vs Awakening. And it kinda feels like a Saturday morning cartoon, generally a very upbeat game with some likable, if simple, characters

LiK

Isn't most of RPG GAF in love with that game? A bit shallow, but looking at some of the screenshots made me reconsider buying the game.

I haven't finished the first game but the localization is amazing. So many hilarious moments and the characters truly are fantastic. Very well written. I just wish I liked the combat and dungeons more. I'll get around to finishing the first game when I catch up to some other games later. I can understand why Trails fans adore it so much.

It's got a really solid main cast and some intricate worldbuilding but every time the main plot takes center stage I start groaning because it's some Scooby Doo-level shit. I'm about halfway through so I dunno how I'll feel by the end.

daveo42

Banned
I've only played half of the first one, but it's got awesome music, pretty cool combat system, and I love the character art. It reminds me of 90s era Japanese games instead of the modern take. Like FE7 portraits vs Awakening. And it kinda feels like a Saturday morning cartoon, generally a very upbeat game with some likable, if simple, characters

I haven't finished the first game but the localization is amazing. So many hilarious moments and the characters truly are fantastic. Very well written. I just wish I liked the combat and dungeons more. I'll get around to finishing the first game when I catch up to some other games later. I can understand why Trails fans adore it so much.

Maybe I'll check it out after I finish up some of my recent purchases. Steins;Gate 0 beckons and I must heed that call. Something I personally found odd was you have to say "STAINSGATEZERO" on PS4 if you want to start it by voice command.

It's got a really solid main cast and some intricate worldbuilding but every time the main plot takes center stage I start groaning because it's some Scooby Doo-level shit. I'm about halfway through so I dunno how I'll feel by the end.

So like Persona 4? :p

Hasney

photo.jpg

Lari

I was gonna say she looks adorbs but then I thought better about the implications of such a post and decided not to make it, so you got this message instead.

Those games are boring as fuck. People always go on about how the NPCs have all this dialogue that keeps changing like it's this great thing, but it's insipid garbage. Fuck Falcom. They ruined Ys, too, by making it slow and adding that dumb strike/slice/pierce mechanic.

LiK

Those games are boring as fuck. People always go on about how the NPCs have all this dialogue that keeps changing like it's this great thing, but it's insipid garbage. Fuck Falcom. They ruined Ys, too, by making it slow and adding that dumb strike/slice/pierce mechanic.

Tell me how you really feel.

Peru

I saw a bit of it then changed channel quick, I never watch the semi finals, I want the full experience on Saturday. From the bit I saw, there is going to be a lot of wind machine action.

You usually miss out on the weirdest songs that way.

I never played League but oh my god I've played so much DOTA, which is why I think it's funny when people seem to assume that I haven't. For me it's more like HOTS reminds me of what I used to like about DOTA back in the day, when I put hundreds of hours into the WC3 map. Before overly complex item recipes and before people just took it so goddamn seriously. I mean it was the map we played when we got tired of losing in arranged team and just wanted to play something simple.

I mean I'm no HOTS fanboy, I only come back for events and I never play it alone, but I gotta say I'm enjoying it more now than I ever did. A lot of the new heroes are much more interesting than the initial ones the game had. Some of them like Lucio are so intuitive to pick up that I didn't even have to read his abilities, everything just worked like I expected. Also I love opening loot boxes and am in no way ashamed to admit that.

Yea I think that is a lot of what I like about it too. I almost never play it alone, usually have one friend on and we play together and have fun. Totally agreed on the newer heroes, I hope they continue to add crazy ones that change things up.

How dare you be attracted to a female. Disgusting.

only on the internet does calling someone or something adorable mean you are attracted to it. Adorability has nothing to do with attraction.

Also GBU is not run by GB. So GB does not necessarily condone that video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom