• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoggy

did it boys i shaved my head.

i was getting a cut today and saw the top of my head was thinning out so bad it was pathetic.

told the lady to shave it off on an impulse. never going back. it had to be done sooner or later.

oti

Banned
But so is the Vita.

Of course you can't compare the Vita's performance to Switch's - one of them was released in 2011 and one in 2017. But the performance difference between the Vita and the consoles of its time isn't really any bigger than the difference between the Switch and One/PS4 (especially in portable mode).

The Switch would still feel like a compromise (tech/performance-wise) if people tried to port AAA games originally developed for the PS4 on it.

You can't play Uncharted 2 on Vita. That's what I'm saying. Tablet tech caught up ridiculously fast. It hasn't resched PS4 and XBO hardware but it has surpassed Wii U hardware. That's what the Switch is in the end. The best possible tablet tech you can find (for a reasonable consumer price) in 2017. Maybe the Vita was the same back then, but it was a handheld and not a hybrid. It was its own platform and as such it failed.

Oh sure, expecting current AAA PS4 games on Switch on day one and not downgraded is wishful thinking. That's just unrealistic.

I'd be 100% down with a PS4 Switch.

Wunder

Ben chose Haru, so many nice and decent girls around and he went gold digging. Just disgusting!

Haru's a good choice, her All Out Attack splash screen is amazing and she seems genuinely nice. It's a shame she gets introduced so late since I didn't manage to max her confidant out

Prey got me on an immersive sim kick so I tried getting into Mankind Divided again after bouncing off it pretty hard last year.

It's still a bad game. I was right the first time. Sucks what became of Deus Ex.

demidar

Prey got me on an immersive sim kick so I tried getting into Mankind Divided again after bouncing off it pretty hard last year.

It's still a bad game. I was right the first time. Sucks what became of Deus Ex.

I bounced off Hu-man Revolution pretty hard myself.

I dunno, didn't seem... "RPG"-ey enough?

daveo42

Banned
I'd love a PS4 Swtich. Sony would be dumb to make one. I don't think the market is there at the price it would cost to make one a reality.

Ben chose Haru, so many nice and decent girls around and he went gold digging. Just disgusting!

Haru is great, but she's no Makoto.

What's so bad about it? I was going to get it but being mostly set in prague put me off first time.

I don't think it plays particularly well. It keeps all the clunky stealth mechanics from HR, including the canned takedown animations that take you out of the game to play a little cut-scene every time.

And the writing is really bad and ham-fisted. It can't wait to get in your face with its Big, Important socio-political metaphors. It doesn't first try to make you care about the world or its characters, and you're not out of the tutorial before your first dream vision of Jensen being Icarus flying too close to the sun (for some reason) pops up. I find it especially hard to give a shit about Jensen as a tortured soul with a messiah complex. Motherfucker has godlike powers but I'm expected to sympathize with his mopey, mumbly bullshit.

The setting doesn't do anything for me either, aesthetically. It just doesn't come together at all, nothing clicks.

q0htvsxbnwggcyxdqeja.gif

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=29807

I adore Shinkawa's art so this is pretty fucking cool.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think it plays particularly well. It keeps all the clunky stealth mechanics from HR, including the canned takedown animations that take you out of the game to play a little cut-scene every time.

And the writing is really bad and ham-fisted. It can't wait to get in your face with its Big, Important socio-political metaphors. It doesn't first try to make you care about the world or its characters, and you're not out of the tutorial before your first dream vision of Jensen being Icarus flying too close to the sun (for some reason) pops up. I find it especially hard to give a shit about Jensen as a tortured soul with a messiah complex. Motherfucker has godlike powers but I'm expected to sympathize with his mopey, mumbly bullshit.

The setting doesn't do anything for me either, aesthetically. It just doesn't come together at all, nothing clicks.

I felt like you were talking about HR for awhile there haha.

I liked the canned animations though. Jensen punching people still does not get old.

Antiwhippy

Looking at the thread asking for advice between persona, nier, nioh and horizon made me realise something.

Is it possible to recommend a game without coming off like an asshole?

Joeku

Looking at the thread asking for advice between persona, nier, nioh and horizon made me realise something.

Is it possible to recommend a game without coming off like an asshole?
Probably. People are just bad at expressing themselves reasonably on the internet because they've been conditioned to be assholes on here. I wish more people would, though, because it sometimes feels like I'm the weird one for not being a teenager anymore and trying to engage using reasonable verbiage instead of hysterics.

Antiwhippy

I mean i say this knowing that I've came off like an asshole too.

Just amusing to see a fandom rivalry forming out of nowhere.

Man, I want to play this game real bad. But I'm terrible with mouse and keyboard. I'd fight the controls more than the opponents. Is there a controller mod for general gameplay while having to use the mouse for inventory stuff? That would be a good enough compromise for me.

The one thing I noticed with it is that you have to turn your sensitivity up higher than you're probably used to as well.

I'm not the best with KB/Mouse stuff (but decent enough), and I find I have to make PUBG way "looser" with my settings compared to how I played like Overwatch or CSGO.

I freaking adored Prague in Deus Ex MD, running around exploring with that somber music playing after nightfall was so fun and atmospheric. I do understand the disappointment with the game as a whole though, the game feels exactly like one of those quick turnaround sequels that gets rushed out a year or so later, and yet it somehow took 5 years. Would be curious to hear the story someday of what happened during the development.

patapuf

I like Mankind divided quite a bit but it's true that narratively it doesn't come toghether. There's the pieces for a good plot there, but it's comes off as very by the numbers and boring. Jensens character development and mistery is... badly executed.

The game shines when it doesn't feel the need to connect everything to a big conspiracy. When you help a soon to be retired detective to find a killer in what is one of the very few modern detective quests that requires some actual detecting. When you find some wierd mind control cult in the sewers of prague. When you track down the producer of a fucked up drug through nightclubs and brothels.

I really liked prague as a setting, but that's mostly because i love old european cities. It's a nice contrast to other cyberpunk cities we usually get.

Those that have played S;G 0, is the guide on the wiki good for the optimal path? Seems way less involved than S;G tbh.
I'm using this one, and yeah, it's much more straight forward. No requirement to give specific answers to emails and such, though there was one choice I didn't realize was a choice until I looked at a guide.

Jintor

it's entirely possible

yeah so man

this cabaret thing is selling me more on yakuza than almost anything else in it which is impressive because i really love the localisation

derFeef

I trust Jeff when it comes to arcade sports games and especially bastketball. But now that I have the timings down NBA Playgrounds is pretty fun.

it's entirely possible

yeah so man

this cabaret thing is selling me more on yakuza than almost anything else in it which is impressive because i really love the localisation

The series in general always had magnificent localisation and an insane amount of stuff to fuck around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom